Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 'Where to buy/Price comparison/Who will sell it early' thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭halolma

Shammy wrote: »
    That was a quick f/r it was no sooner there and it was gone lol

Like one of the above posters said chance your arm and ask , i'm not going to say which shop, but my location is Limerick.

yea mate sorry haha!! :) I was meant to send you a message instead of the F/R

:) sorry.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Was just in Tesco in Tallaght a moment ago. Nothing has been delivered yet apparently and the one behind the counter had not an inkling on how much it will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

halolma wrote: »
    yea mate sorry haha!! :) I was meant to send you a message instead of the F/R

:) sorry.

No worries , that account is set to friends only so i wouldnt have gotten the message ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

eioneill wrote: »
    Game in the Square Tallaght is open til 9 aswell. There's also Gamestop, HMV and Xtra Game.

Went in today, none are selling unless another chain breaks the release.

I was nearly threatening your man in Game over it. :pac:

Was just in Tesco in Tallaght a moment ago. Nothing has been delivered yet apparently and the one behind the counter had not an inkling on how much it will be.

well most shops get it delivered on a Tuesday or Wednesday, so they should have it... :)

• Advertisement

Most shops had it yesterday Ade , i uploaded a Defoe goal , i must send you the link ha ha ha

Tried everywhere in the square. Nobody is willing to sell unless another chain store breaks the release. Pointless really as none will due to the financial implications of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

aliroly wrote: »
    Got it from HMV in Limerick (crescent) on the Thursday last year so I'll be chancing my arm in there again after work today.

You don't ask you don't get...

Yeah me too. Funny thing is I was doing a job in the HMV Cruises Street shop last year on Pre release day and I asked the manager if I could get a copy, she said there was no chance of getting it early, that they'd get into trouble, yada yada. I drove out to the Crescent SC branch around 7pm and they were banging them out. Will be heading there tonight if I can get flight clearance.

aliroly let us know if you manage to get a copy this evening will ya mate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Just tried HMV Grafton St, they said to come back Friday. Gamestation in Stephen's Green shopping centre said the same thing.

GAME on Dawson Street said they will sell it when someone else breaks the embargo. I said Play and Shopto have but that didn't work.

Rightly so as I think I'll part with my € at Clarehall Tesco tonight if it's cheaper there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Rooney10 wrote: »

I have the day off work tomorrow for a proper Fifafest.

Lucky Barsteward!!! Enjoy :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭RonFan

I'm thinking of heading into town this evening to visit every shop there to try and get it. What time would be best at to do so, and what is the likeliness of this not being a waste of time?

RonFan wrote: »
    I'm thinking of heading into town this evening to visit every shop there to try and get it. What time would be best at to do so, and what is the likeliness of this not being a waste of time?

probably after 7 maybe?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I would imagine after 6 or 7 since its last night shopping but unless one of the main shops breaks the release date then there isnt much chance any of the others will. If you knew before you went in that one of them had started selling it early then you would have a better chance.

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Just tried HMV Grafton St, they said to come back Friday. Gamestation in Stephen's Green shopping centre said the same thing.

GAME on Dawson Street said they will sell it when someone else breaks the embargo. I said Play and Shopto have but that didn't work.

Rightly so as I think I'll part with my € at Clarehall Tesco tonight if it's cheaper there.

There are 23,039 people online in fifa 11 right now , thats a lot that have broken it already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

There are 23,039 people online in fifa 11 right now , thats a lot that have broken it already

Not really, that's probably just the play.com and shopto orders

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Can someone not tell a lie? Get about 7 lads, go in one by one in 5 minute gaps saying Xtravision in Ballamory are selling it, that they broke the chain first.

That's a very little amount of Americans interested in anything other than high scoring sports, more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

price in argos is xbox/ps3 €43.99, just saw it in a leaflet.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Hey all. Just settling in, will be in this thread for the evening.

Went into Gamestop today to pre order and I said " by any chance if it does break will ye call me" They said they would, so when I know you all will know.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Tin_Cup

Anyone doing a midnight release in Dublin tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

RonFan wrote: »
    That's a very little amount of Americans interested in anything other than high scoring sports, more like it.

Very true. Its been out in North America since 28th. Although its a bit early for the majority of them to be on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

XV after 7 would be your best bet I'd say, they sometimes have early releases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 FaceThePain

just got home from City Centre in Cork, no one will be selling it there unless others do, the usual shizz.

dude in GAME said it would be €45, HMV currently the same, Gamestop currently charging €50, but will no doubt change that about to compete.

Luckily don't live too far from Blackpool Shopping Centre or Mahon Point for that matter so should they release early, not far to drive.

What annoys me though, is that Live Seasons are now up on the 360 and PS3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

it took me a while to realize that XV wasn't a number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭r9ronaldo

just rang game in liffey valley.no midnight release........bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

r9ronaldo wrote: »
    just rang game in liffey valley.no midnight release........bastards

Ring Xtravision in Ballyfermot.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Ring Xtravision in Ballyfermot.

And post results..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

is anyone near Harvey Normans in Waterford they could go check if it's there? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

gamercfc wrote: »
    is anyone near Harvey Normans in Waterford they could go check if it's there? :p

I'll be heading out around 5ish.

• Advertisement

Nobody in the Kildare/Dublin region are willing to release it. I've tried nearly everywhere. I think I'll wait until 12 at Tesco tonight.

Advertisement