Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 'Where to buy/Price comparison/Who will sell it early' thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭halolma

dave bks wrote: »
    sorry dude, was just too tempting, I'll behave

you do know that link is old, as there is a new FIFA 11 forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Haha, the desperation and impatience to get the game a few hours early! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 aliroly

miralize wrote: »
    Anywhere in Limerick?!?!

According to shammy a few pages back he's got it... Won't reveal the shop but PMed me that its in the centre. I'm finishing work in 5 minutes and about to do a tour of all the shops on my way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,988 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Haha, the desperation and impatience to get the game a few hours early! :D

Nevermind the possibility of paying €10-€15 more than to get the game maybe 12 hours sooner than usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

aliroly wrote: »
    According to shammy a few pages back he's got it... Won't reveal the shop but PMed me that its in the centre. I'm finishing work in 5 minutes and about to do a tour of all the shops on my way home.
    I don't get this, why won't he reveal the shop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

XtraVision in Naas isn't releasing it until tomorrow morning so I can only assume that's nationwide on their stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Nevermind the possibility of paying €10-€15 more than to get the game maybe 12 hours sooner than usual.

Really? Jeez, that's a bit mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭r9ronaldo

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Could be a short stay in boards with that carry on :p

wat dave did was....well frankly people have been killed for less!!!!!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Ah Im only pulling your wires !! lol
    I wish, I was in every shop in blanch and none of them will sell it unless someone else breaks the release date !! its crazy carry in, they all have the game today, just release it !!

Sis works in Argos so going to harass her now to try and get a copy of it tonight !

:eek:

I think i speak for everyone in this thread when i say your a monster!!! Its like getting a punch in the gut!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Not if you buy it in Gamestop, get the game protection for 3 euro or whatever it is, then buy it in tesco tomorrow cheaper, and return it to gamestop (after scratcing it of course)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 FaceThePain

aliroly wrote: »

let us all know please :D

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Not if you buy it in Gamestop, get the game protection for 3 euro or whatever it is, then buy it in tesco tomorrow cheaper, and return it to gamestop (after scratcing it of course)

Thats called being an absolute scumbag.

Yeah well if Tesco are indeed selling it at €35 tomorrow, and people pay €45 or €50 tonight (one store has a tendency of highering the price when a game is on sale before release date just for the night) they're paying €10+ for the privilege of playing it for a couple of hours sooner than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

sorry dude, was just too tempting, I'll behave

AssholeBadge.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

The tesco offer is not looking good, one of the lads in this thread claims FIFA11 shows up in the Tesco system as €59:99.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Just a heads up that if you have Mafia 2 or F1 2010 you can trade it in to HMV and get FIFA for just 7.99 :)

Can't fecking wait :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

No surprises there. Tesco are still selling some games like Fable II for 60. Their prices can be all over the place at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭raheny red

XV doing it for €34.99 with a free ball according to today's Star.

raheny red wrote: »

Does it say which version? If not, it's probably the DS version. Though I'm hoping they say 360/PS3

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Thej693

So has anybody found it yet? I'm gonna take a trip into town now, wish me luck :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭DA365

Sammy spill the beans - where in the city centre? 50 quid of mine is sitting behind the desk in Gamestop waiting for this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Thej693 wrote: »
    So has anybody found it yet? I'm gonna take a trip into town now, wish me luck :)

Let us know how you get on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 decbur

a fb friend of mine has it since yesterday, wont say where he got it tho,has pics to prove it too:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Going around town too to see if I can nab it before tomorrow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 FaceThePain

I'd say thats for Wii, DS or PS2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 dave bks

plenty of people in the UK and up north are getting fifa 11 today, someones broken the release date. Type in FIFA11 in to facebook and see

kill em all !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

€49.99 in Xtra-Vision for PS3 and 360 :http://www.xtravision.ie/games.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

As far as i can remember, they had the same deal last year - €34.99 and free football for Xbox 360 and PS3. But dont hold me to that ;)

No they didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

As far as i can remember, they had the same deal last year - €34.99 and free football for Xbox 360 and PS3. But dont hold me to that ;)

They had a similar offer for Tiger Woods 11 but the €34.99 was for just the Wii.

• Advertisement

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopaedia

FIFA 11 (FIFA Soccer 11 in North America) is the 19th title in Electronic Arts' FIFA series of football video games. Developed by EA Canada, it was published by Electronic Arts worldwide under the EA Sports label 28 September 2010 in North America, 30 September 2010 in Australia, and 1 October 2010 in Europe for all platforms, except the Wii and Nintendo DS. The Wii version will be released on 4 October 2010 in North America and Europe and the DS version on 8 October 2010. The PC version of FIFA 11 will be the first in the series to use the same game engine as the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions.

FIFA 11 will feature different players on the cover in each region, though Kaká will be featured globally.

A FIFA 11 demo was released for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC on 15 September 2010. The demo features Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayer Leverkusen and Lyon, although Arsenal can be unlocked on the PS3 and Xbox 360 by playing FIFA Superstars on Facebook or by winning 5 matches in the demo. The stadium for the demo is Real Madrid's home stadium, Santiago Bernabéu, but the Emirates Stadium can also be unlocked through FIFA Superstars. It will also be unlocked after you have played 10 matches in the demo. Reciprocally, by playing the FIFA 11 demo, users can earn rewards for their FIFA Superstars team.

Advertisement