If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online abilities of the 46PFL8605?

Options
  • 24-09-2010 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭

Evening all.

Hopefully by this time tomorrow, I'll be watching my spanking new 46PFL8605!:D

Before I set the whole thing up, I'd like to know about the online facility. I realise there's supposed to be an upgrade in October, which could change everything. But as it stands, what's available?

Are tv catchup sites available eg. BBC iPlayer/RTE Player/etc.? If they are, are they linked to the telly, or the ISP of the user? If it's the telly, does that mean that I should choose the UK as my location so as to access the UK sites, as opposed to Ireland and only accessing RTE Player?

Can't wait for my new TV!:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ryanno

Hey Soarer,

I was about to reply to the same question on AV F!! The BBC's iPlayer and RTE's version are not available yet as a widget on the TV. The TV has no flash capability so it can't play even from the browser in the TV, but I have been told that the widget should be available in an update later this year or early next year!!

The wireless dongle does have the capability to send these players from a PC/Laptop to the TV via the dongles software.

Enjoy the TV, hopefully you'll be in ambilight 46" Full HD heaven at some stage today............

• Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

Thanks Ryanno.
    I was gonna PM you about it, but I figured I've pestered you enough at this stage!
    As for the widget update, like I mentioned in my OP, will that be linked to the telly ie. if we set the telly to UK, we'll get BBC iPlayer, Channel 4OD, etc., but if we set it to Ireland, we'll only get the RTE Player?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.