Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMER Expo

Options
  • 24-09-2010 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭

We at SF.ie are excited to announce our presence at GAMER Expo in Dublin’s Citywest over the October Hallowe'en weekend!

We will be running a Capcom-sponsored Super Street Fighter IV stand at the event all weekend, with tournaments daily as well as casual games on all day.

The main event is a Super Street Fighter IV tournament with prizes including 1 year’s free XBOX Live Gold Membership provided by Microsoft, as well as others such as free entry to SF.ie’s monthly Inferno SSF4 tournament.

Ticket information can be found here, with day tickets priced at €10 and weekend tickets at €20 (in order to buy the weekend tickets you need to join Gamer Club – this is free and will give you access to the exclusive Gamer’s Lounge for the weekend).

The timetable for the expo is as follows:
    Friday: 10am-10pm
    Saturday: 10am-6pm
    Sunday: 10am-6pm

This is going to be one of the premier events for the Irish fighting game community in 2010, hope to see you all there.

SF.ie link: http://streetfighter.ie/?p=1356

UPDATE: The Expo has been postponed. Below is a quote from the Gamer Expo site explaining the circumstances. We will keep you updated as there is more developments.

Gamer Expo wrote:
    Expo Postponed

Due to an order by the Senior Executive Fire Prevention Officer in relation to issues arising at the Citywest Convention Centre, GAMER Expo 2010 has been postponed until further notice.

We wish to confirm that all ticket purchases will be honoured (or refunded). For refunds enquire with your ticket agent or email info@gamerexpo.net.

It is our intention to re-schedule the event at a later date at Citywest Convention Centre, when the issues with the Fire Protection Officer are resolved, or alternatively at a different venue.

Further details will be released as soon as possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Sounds like fun, hope I can attend!

That video on the site hasn't stopped being ridiculous lame btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Right then Lads details on the weekend please.

Anyone interested in staying in the citywest for any of the weekend?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Right then Lads details on the weekend please.

Anyone interested in staying in the citywest for any of the weekend?

http://www.gamerexpo.net/?page_id=77

http://www.gamerexpo.net/?page_id=6

http://www.gamerexpo.net/?page_id=63

... I think that's everything. :)

EDIT: I live about 20 mins from there so I'm not getting a room, which I prob would otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

I was waiting for that announcement.
    Well done lads for swinging that one.You have Capcom backing itWho was involved? Give yourself a ruddy good pat on the back.

Also,any word on SF tournament times/schedule

I was waiting for that announcement.
    Well done lads for swinging that one.You have Capcom backing itWho was involved? Give yourself a ruddy good pat on the back.

Also,any word on SF tournament times/schedule

It's a group effort. :)

We're not going to give specifics on the SF tournaments just yet, but it's looking like there will be 3 days of tournaments to be played.

Soon as I have stuff finalised, you will too.

• Advertisement

well if the "Grand Elders" of Boards don't want to reveal themselves then so be it.
    Well done again.
    Roll on Evo City West

well if the "Grand Elders" of Boards don't want to reveal themselves then so be it.
    Well done again.
    Roll on Evo City West

Lol it's not like that, if people want to tell you they can, I just don't want to be "outting" people.

Except Farz, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

when i get a new gf and leave this community , i would look back and like to think that i made a difference, for the better or the worse, a difference none the less.

a place in the hearts of challengers and warriors all around the country and if not the continent, thats right kayane....

OOOOOHHH BEEHAAAAAVEE

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqobWdsg0xUieZi_NiOznhKsa_MUYb6ZYZO971P8PMfYhUvb8&t=1&usg=__dNwsy7TF6kODXVYcZQyTIIe07is=

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Hopefully there's something happening on the 29th as I'll be in Venice with the Princess of Pain after the 30th and won't be able to make it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Going to have to put in for time off for this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Good **** consider me in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

It's a group effort. :)

We're not going to give specifics on the SF tournaments just yet, but it's looking like there will be 3 days of tournaments to be played.

Soon as I have stuff finalised, you will too.

Lol thats what I was getting at.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Ken B wrote: »
    Hopefully there's something happening on the 29th as I'll be in Venice with the Princess of Pain after the 30th and won't be able to make it....

We'll be running an event every day of the Expo, but we won't be able to release details of what's what day for a while.

Why?
    Just wanna know because I'll most probably only be able to make 29th only but I can change to 30th depending on the best day and decent prior notice of schedule.
    you obviously know the timetable.Are you bound by some rules not to divulge as the site gives feck all info?

giz a heads up!

It's not a case of us deliberately withholding any information - any detail of the event that's confirmed will be announced here ASAP.

We'll do all we can to make sure this is in plenty of time for people with limited time to decide which day(s) to attend the expo.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Why?
    Just wanna know because I'll most probably only be able to make 29th only but I can change to 30th depending on the best day and decent prior notice of schedule.
    you obviously know the timetable.Are you bound by some rules not to divulge as the site gives feck all info?

giz a heads up!
    Go on 29th!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Placebo wrote: »
    when i get a new gf and leave this community....

Excellent, so you'll be staying with us for another good while then ;)

Looking forward to this event.

animaX wrote: »
    Excellent, so you'll be staying with us for another good while then ;)

Looking forward to this event.

Oh look at this Xikais got wings now since he got a new gf.
    I'm not sure if il make this, i will try make a one day. It sounds great. Possibility of recruiting new folk too.

Anyone consider a newsletter? perhaps a sign up sheet, a html news letter before every inferno could stock up the numbers.

Placebo wrote: »
    Oh look at this Xikais got wings now since he got a new gf.
    I'm not sure if il make this, i will try make a one day. It sounds great. Possibility of recruiting new folk too.

Anyone consider a newsletter? perhaps a sign up sheet, a html news letter before every inferno could stock up the numbers.

I often consider it, but to be honest I already spend as much time on fighting games as I have to offer. :D

If this succeeds I can see it being good for 2 things:
    1) Recruiting new people

and

2) a Focal point for the FG year

It could become our own little svb with a much higher casual attendance and if possible higher prizes than inferno, a once off splash that we will remember for the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

It could become our own little svb with a much higher casual attendance and if possible higher prizes than inferno, a once off splash that we will remember for the year.
    Ooh, I like this idea.

If any of y'all need help manning the stand or anything I'll probably be at the Expo for the whole weekend doing nothing so gimmy a hollar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Definitely a big deal for the community and definitely a v good sign (and maybe of things to come) ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

This sounds interesting, I'll definitely try to make one of the days, if not the entire weekend but prices look kinda steep for accommodation, unless people are willing to share.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

This sounds interesting, I'll definitely try to make one of the days, if not the entire weekend but prices look kinda steep for accommodation, unless people are willing to share.

Sure you will probably get enough sleep at the event anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I dont think I can make this but heres a discount code I nicked from BA's might be of some use

10% off Hotels.com till 21st October HCTSeD96

HOW about we all get tags with our characters on them and we walk around like absolute gimps, head up either way. PROUD

or we can get some made for the winner of the expo event?
    have sf.ie at the back

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056035304

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

There should definitely be branding or merchandising of some sort at this. SF.ie t-shirts or caps inferno posters etc

i would design the coolest shirts
    street_fighter_fight_night_t-shirt.jpg

but think there would be copyright infringements and brian might end up in jail. NOT THAT it would be a bad thing, but still. We need a guile.

Just to provide a little more info for people who're getting time off:

The main Super Street Fighter IV tournament will be held on the Sunday. Still waiting on a few factors to decide when other events will be running.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

My girlfriend is starting a weekend course on that exact weekend and I'll be in Dublin Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Coincidence win.

Advertisement