Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMER Expo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Dreddybajs wrote: »

Did you pick that link page number or was that randomly generated and the gaming expo just happened to claim "1337" lol.

Also after looking at the website I don't wanna rain on the parade here but man it looks like the lamest ****in **** I've ever seen.

http://www.gamerexpo.net/

The video is the cheesiest cheese known to man even by Ireland's standards because let's face it, whenever Ireland does something that somewhere else is doing, it always ends up being half assed and ****in pathetic looking by comparison. Just look at the majority of RTE's broadcasts for good examples there.
    The video on the front page is clearly people who either know the guys behind the camera or have just been prodded to say **** on cue; "oh teh gamz yeh?" "Yeh I lav teh gamz!!"

They've dotted pics on the site of 1: A Monstrous lan which I'd be shocked if it met anywhere the size of that in reality and 2: COSPLAY!.

Ok whatever about false advertising on the size of things but c'mon.....Cosplay.....! Next they'll throw a ****in LARP advert up to boot. I know what corner I'll be hiding in anyway. The only thing I know that will run well is the Street Fighter tournament so I'll still be down for that most likely.

P.S. I like being negative ned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Everyones gotta start somewhere, analogy = bollywood films, their lightings and cinematics were utter ****e, specially in comparison to hollywood films. Now they produce crystal clear quality films [even though the content is pure ****e].
    Only way an event in ireland can meet the dreamy standard "usa" conventions have built up in our imaginations is that if some foreign franchise, hosts and organizes it and lets face it, theres not that much of a market for that to happen, so i'm happy this is taking place, perhaps a first step towards a brighter gaming future [for the young ones cause we will be old and married]

also that guy is cheesy, everyone had pointed this out few months back. Is he cheesier than brians VLOGs? only time will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Good stuff guys. Will try and attend.

I said try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

[QUOTE=Placebo;68231950we will be old and married[/QUOTE]
    Come on Farz...Come on.

Well i suppose there's no harm in being optimistic.
    You'll still be posting on this site when your your an old lonely man with 90,00000 post to your name:D

Placebo wrote: »
    Everyones gotta start somewhere, analogy = bollywood films, their lightings and cinematics were utter ****e, specially in comparison to hollywood films. Now they produce crystal clear quality films [even though the content is pure ****e.
    Only way an event in ireland can meet the dreamy standard "usa" conventions have built up in our imaginations is that if some foreign franchise, hosts and organizes it and lets face it, theres not that much of a market for that to happen, so i'm happy this is taking place, perhaps a first step towards a brighter gaming future [for the young ones cause we will be old and married]

also that guy is cheesy, everyone had pointed this out few months back. Is he cheesier than brians VLOGs? only time will tell

I agree with having to start somewhere but don't jump the gun and present it as what it's trying to be but isn't yet.
    Come on Farz...Come on.

Well i suppose there's no harm in being optimistic.
    You'll still be posting on this site when your your an old lonely man with 90,00000 post to your name:D

that's 9,000,000. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I love that vid :D

I still have no idea what the **** hes banging on about at the start.

That Picture of the LAN War is taking the p1ss alright:pac:

lan-war.jpg

Also in the FAQ on the site it says:

"We are a GAMING CLAN or Society can we get discounts on entry tickets?
    Yes. If you register your clan or society with us – you will receive a 20% discount on entry tickets"

Does that mean we could register are fine upstanding society and get a reduction?

if i know any of you when i'm married, please do shoot me.

Hahhahaaa.

Paul is getting married next year.ohh has he not told you yet, Your all invited as well.
    As the best man i will be orchestrating things so feel free to arrive in SF cosplay

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm not going to defend Gamer expo, tbh if they want to defend themselves they can come here and do it.

What I will say is, mod hat off, what I see here is an opportunity to do something good for video gaming in Ireland (not just fighting games either).

So we can sit here and focus on the negative or we can try and do something really cool with the opportunity.

Group hug

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Well I admit that the video on the main page of Gamer Expo does make me cringe and hide behind a pillow, having meet these guys they are very sound. As I said in the lan section to a few other people who where asking. This is not a cowboy job, serious time, planing and money have already been invested into this event, its by far the most professional outfit I have seen attempt such a venture in this country.

As for the SSF IV (and possible other games) this is the biggest platform we ever had to promote the fighting game scene in Ireland. Would be really great to have as many regulars as possible attend.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I...

ugh...

I...

I'm not sure I can do this...

I agree with Azza.

There, it's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Well I'll be there for sure.
    Sounds like it will be a great weekend.

If you need any help with any aspects of it let me know.

Well to be fair I do think the Street Fighter facet of the expo will be excellent. I've every faith in that and I hope overall, the rest of the expo does turn out as good as it is being portrayed.

I only ripped on it because of how badly the video and site were done as opposed to how I think it will go because at the end of the day, I can't possibly know how it's gonna be on the day and I generally just like being cynical about **** before I've given it a chance. That's just me being a prick :)

But I'd love if it was as epic as it's "efforts" at portrayal are attempting to say it will be and how the majority of us here (having seen the likes of evo or cannes or whatever) might imagine it could be.

General enough for ya? :)

So yeh, fingers crossed.

Hahhahaaa.

Paul is getting married next year.ohh has he not told you yet, Your all invited as well.
    As the best man i will be orchestrating things so feel free to arrive in SF cosplay

im gonna get him a bag of the saltiest of salts.
    nerds will take it one way, junkies will take it as another

Paul will just take it.

Hey Guys,
    Just to confirm, is there a poster needed for this?
    im aware we need a logo.

but are we printing large posters or even banners for the both?
    it would be an excellent way to hook in the masses

thanks

Yeah posters would be good indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Do a run of 4 types featuring the 4 devas!

• Advertisement

can i get more details.
    these things take time and i am lazy

Placebo, we are just waiting on confirmation of a few things. Should be able to give you more details in the next day or two.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Thanks to Doom for giving me permission to post this here :)

I just wanted to let you know that we are now official ticket agents for the event and if anyone from the forum needs a ticket or knows someone who does we've got them ! Tickets can be bought online at gamesnash.ie or at the gamesnash live venue in Dunboyne. Also just want to say there are no service charges at all on the site. Tickets are in stock and will be posted immediately.

We're going to be there ourselves for the event and are looking forward to catching up with those of you we've met already and of course to meet up with those we haven't.

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Good stuff. Well there it is lads, they've been very good to us in the past, so everyone buy your tickets from Gamesnash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Lads when will you be able to confirm what's actually taking place over the weekend?

Halloween's a big weekend and I've got invites to quite alot of stuff over it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

New info: http://streetfighter.ie/?p=1383

We unfortunately won't be able to run any other tournaments than the SSFIV singles on Sunday, so the rest of the weekend will just be casuals and hype sandwich matches.

Madcatz are sponsoring us, giving sticks and pads to use for the stand as well as two new Chun-Li TEs as prizes for the tournament.

The stand will be running copies of Capcom's new hack and slash Sengoku BASARA: Samurai Heroes on PS3 as well as SSFIV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Madcatz are sponsoring us, giving sticks and pads to use for the stand as well as two new Chun-Li TEs as prizes for the tournament.

Cool! But do we have to use their sticks?! Damn octogate bites me in the arse

Not sure on that, depends on how the stand is set up. Hopefully you'll be able to use your own stick (I'd say this is likely).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

New info: http://streetfighter.ie/?p=1383

Is that fightpads or TE's as prizes?

• Advertisement

Two limited edition Chun-Li TEs

Advertisement