Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMER Expo

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭J.I.M.

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Can anyone bring a PS3 controller converter so I can use my PS3 controller on a 360? Much apperciated

Just ordered one online, I was gonna bring it to Gamer Expo, but now... I might go to Inferno 14. I'll have to see how the events unfold. If you see me somewhere just ask for the converter, us pad-players gotta look out for our own :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Well that sucks big time I was looking forward to it.
    Wonder what concerns the fire officer had about the convention centre as it has hosted things like concerts before and it would have needed a fire safety certificate prior to opening. It would need a seperate certificate for each event and they're not handing them out as readily these days so that could be the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I just logged on to book my ticket for this. Nasty start to their event running.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Ohshi-

I was just coming into the topic to see if anyone wanted to call shotgun in my car for a lift home after the expo. This is a real shame (although it does open up Hallowe'en night for us).

What's going to happen to the Chun Li TEs? I really wanted to try and win one of them.

Doom still has those right? =D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yes, I still have them, no Chunkis can't get them, as far as I am concerned they stay where they are until I hear more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

We have to make sure Madcatz don't want them back before we do anything with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Lads the possibility of doing anything else with them is not on the table at all at the moment, there's no point even discussing it.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Lads the possibility of doing anything else with them is not on the table at all at the moment, there's no point even discussing it.

Dont worry, I know :pac:
    I was just making an apperantly poor joke. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ExPUA

such a shame:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

pdbhp wrote: »
    Well that sucks big time I was looking forward to it.
    Wonder what concerns the fire officer had about the convention centre as it has hosted things like concerts before and it would have needed a fire safety certificate prior to opening. It would need a seperate certificate for each event and they're not handing them out as readily these days so that could be the issue.

I was in the convention centre earlier this year for the All-Ireland Irish Dancing C'Ships and on one of the days there was a MASSIVE disruption caused by poor fire planning or something... there were 2 fire brigades and areas cornered off... but no exacuations and no fire. It was very confusing. I asked one of the firemen what the story was and he said they were running some fire drills - and they weren't going very well >_< Basically they were finding that they had problems getting to many parts of the complex quickly whenever a large event (such as the All Irelands or Gamer Expo) was taking place.

Would've thought they'd have sorted it by now but I guess not :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Hotaru wrote: »
    I was in the convention centre earlier this year for the All-Ireland Irish Dancing C'Ships and on one of the days there was a MASSIVE disruption caused by poor fire planning or something... there were 2 fire brigades and areas cornered off... but no exacuations and no fire. It was very confusing. I asked one of the firemen what the story was and he said they were running some fire drills - and they weren't going very well >_< Basically they were finding that they had problems getting to many parts of the complex quickly whenever a large event (such as the All Irelands or Gamer Expo) was taking place.

Would've thought they'd have sorted it by now but I guess not :/

Well that could mean they the fire men couldn't get into the smaller spaces with all thier equipment on which dictates whether or not they certify the place. Also there has to be a fire escape no more than 17 metres away from the public at any one time no matter where you are in the centre. There could be many reasons for not issuing a certificate at this time especially as it takes 2 months normally to obtain one and thats without engineers reports/Architects drawings showing escape runs and marshalling zones so it can get really tricky. Could also be that they will need to retrofit fire suppression systems etc before they can safely hold anymore events.
    Also if they didn't take into account all these things when designing the building then they could be in big trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Aww crap :(

Well as long it's on a weekend that's fine with me. Didn't book anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Thats a shame. I get the feeling this won't be happening for a long time if at all...

Doom you should probably change the thread title.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Good call.

Unstickying for the time being too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

That's a real shame. Hopefully they can get it sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I had everything organised to go up from Louth :(

Hope it's back on soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

are people losing deposits on hotels? that would be ****ty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Long time reader, first time poster.....

I'm so depressed by this that I hope to win tonight's 15 million lotto, by way of recompense.

If you're having a substitute tournament in XGC, please hold one on friday.....please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

only way to give away those CHUN sticks now are to people that actually use chun

ME
    and REDman

thats right, no BUSH

then i can take a pic just like kayane against the wall and make my move

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

You can have that hideous stick and mash ex legs all you want. Its all it deserves :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

224-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Placebo wrote: »
    kayane against the wall

Wait what? :pac:

Advertisement