Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other parcel services

Options
  • 24-09-2010 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I find it annoying that An post charge by the parcel weight in large increments only, unlike in the UK.

I was posting a handbag (second hand) and it only barely went over the 500g mark but the postage was doubled as it went into the 1k category...

Is there any other parcel services worthwhile going to for Ebay sellers selling items from 500g up to under 2k?

I have only sold 4 items so far but I will be selling a lot more!
    THanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055980128
    There's a thread about delivery services, might be of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Not sure where you are coming from , because if you check the rates for parcel post , you will find that 500g and 1kg are the same rates . See this :
    http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/PostalRates/Registered+Post.htm

However there is no way that a handbag should be sent by parcel post , - I have sold 3 bags/ rucksack recently and they all qualified as parcel post .

Check www.anpost.ie for shape and size and when you are at the Post Office counter , explain to the staff of the package dimensions etc .

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭nickyjellybaby

Sorry y you're right, I'm sending packets but I call them parcels out of habit
    I didn't send it by registered, just standard because the bag was only 25euro so I didn't see the value in offering registered

I will be sending coats soon from 1-1.5k And they'll need to be signed for so I will definitely look into the links on that thread posted above. I scanned through some topics but nothing on postage rates so thanks very much for giving me the link :)

Advertisement