Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Tattoo Place in Dublin ?

Options
  • 24-09-2010 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

My brother is looking at getting his first tattoo (think he wants some sort of celtic design!).

Supposed to be bringing him in the morning, can anybody recommend a good place in City Centre ?

Also, are there walk in ones or do you have to make a booking ?

He is 17, if he is accompanied by an adult, do they have to remain there the whole time ? (depending how long I might have to go and collect my son!).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Nobody will ink him under 18. Parental consent or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Nobody will ink him under 18. Parental consent or not.

Seriously ? ?

I thought if they some sort of parental supervision it would be done . .

How do you see some kids with Tattoos ? (that are obviously under 18)

Do they ask for I.D. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Seriously. Bad shops and scratchers.

Thanks for the advice . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

If he's 17 and nearly 18 some shops, realistically speaking, will let it slide. Thats not to say its a good thing and a general rule of thumb is that any shop that will knowingly tattoo someone under 18 is not somewhere you want to get tattooed, you've got to ask yourself, if they have to tattoo what are technically children then how good are they?

Also, my main bit of advice for your brother is to wait for a while and do some research into the tattoo as my impression from your email, and it is only an impression, is that your brother hasnt really put any thought into this and will go into the shop and pick something off the wall and then regret it in a few years and want it removed or covered.

Get him to look into whats possible with tattoos, look at colour tats, black and grey, old school, new school etc. Try not to let him get a catalogue tattoo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

If a studio has insurance, then part of the terms of that insurance will be an age limit. 18 for tattoos and 16 with parental consent for piercing (UK rules, since any policy will generally be underwritten by a UK company).
    Tattooing under 18's means they have no insurance!
    No insurance= No comeback.
    Is that really the sort of establishment you want tattooing you.

Diceicle wrote: »
    If he's 17 and nearly 18 some shops, realistically speaking, will let it slide. Thats not to say its a good thing and a general rule of thumb is that any shop that will knowingly tattoo someone under 18 is not somewhere you want to get tattooed, you've got to ask yourself, if they have to tattoo what are technically children then how good are they?

Also, my main bit of advice for your brother is to wait for a while and do some research into the tattoo as my impression from your email, and it is only an impression, is that your brother hasnt really put any thought into this and will go into the shop and pick something off the wall and then regret it in a few years and want it removed or covered.

Get him to look into whats possible with tattoos, look at colour tats, black and grey, old school, new school etc. Try not to let him get a catalogue tattoo.

Hit the nail on the head there. I tried to get him to take his time with his decision, but he is a bit impulsive and is not really interested in doing much research (other then find out where places will tattoo him).

I will pass this info onto the folks !

Thanks again for all the help people . .

Advertisement