Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"I'm eighty four, you know!"

• 24-09-2010 11:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead's currently at an extremely cool and happening party. There's drugs, loose women and a superstar DJ here. Having a great night. It's one of those evenings you hope will never end. Ok, glad thats cleared up and nobody will think that Pighead is actually sitting in on a Friday night watching the Late Late Show or something as equally lame.

Anyway, was just passing by one of the quieter rooms in this mad house when I seen a tiny bit of "The Late Late Show". There were old wrinkly people on talking about there age and how active they were. Nudged one of the skimpily clad supermodels in the room and said to her "Bet you a bag of cocaine that one of these wrinklies will proudly declare their age to Tubridy before he even asks them"

Before you could say "Spot on yet again Pighead" this old geezer proudly pipes up "I'm eighty four, you know!" Why on earth do little old people insist on telling us their ages at every given opportunity. Pighead met an old person yesterday and the conversation went a little like this.

Pighead: "Ouch, I've just burnt my finger whilst cooking soup"
    Old Person: "Sounds nasty. I'm 78 you know"

Is it pride? Is it a complete lack of anything interesting going on in their lives? Is it going to happen to Pighead? Very, very interesting questions. Hmmmm.

Anyway must dash. Party sounds like its getting even crazier. Think Jim Corr and Ray Shah have just arrived. Enjoy your quiet night in suckers.:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

tl'dr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭patrickc

yeh so good a night your posting on here..

rumour has it your hitting slaughter age yourself soon

umm sausages...

Pighead wrote: »
    Pighead's currently at an extremely cool and happening party.

I'm always on boards at extremely cool and happening parties too. It's the place to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

Haha my father-in-law does that all the time.. funnily enough he is 84.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

mink_man wrote: »
    thread's legendary, delightful read
    Cheers buddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

tl'dr
    You can't tl;dr Pighead :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Im jealous quite frankly...im bollixed and im 50 years younger than them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

tl'dr

I hereby move ban tl;dr. It's not funny or cool, just annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,741 ✭✭✭✭ted1

it's what the topic was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

I think the OP watched the late late at home

• Advertisement

Wonder what age this "Age Announcing" malarkey is gonna start. Will Pighead wake up one morning in 2042 and awaken Mis Piggy with the words "Pighead's 65 you know?" How will she react? Will she start telling Pighead her age even though she knows he knows it? Hope this never happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Schism wrote: »
    I hereby move ban tl;dr. It's not funny or cool, just annoying.

Cool story bro :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Old people are hurtling towards the end and haven't time for the banality of other peoples business so they just let you know how old they are and leave you to figure out how little your stuff means to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I find it hard to believe that their is a 'cool and happening' party in Dundalk,Dundalk,of all places.

Old gits in being eccentric shocker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Wonder what age this "Age Announcing" malarkey is gonna start. Will Pighead wake up one morning in 2042 and awaken Mis Piggy with the words "Pighead's 65 you know?" How will she react? Will she start telling Pighead her age even though she knows he knows it? Hope this never happens.

She'll say "No you're not, you're 96, you senile old fool"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

johnn wrote: »

NOOooooooooooooo! Really?

Ridiculous theory. You're lucky Pighead is in great form thanks to the vast array of happy pills on offer at this marvellous party, otherwise he may have got quite angry with you.

Anyway Pighead's gotta go. Amazingly crisp and groovy beats are being thrown down by 5 rocking DJs. Those beats demand to be danced to.

dubtom wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe that their is a 'cool and happening' party in Dundalk,Dundalk,of all places.
    Pighead finds it hard to believe that you find it hard to believe that their is a 'cool and happening' party in Dundalk. This is party town buddy. This is the Irish Ibiza. You think they call this town Fundalk just for the hell of it?

NOOooooooooooooo! Really?

yeah i think so man, he made that story up is my guess

• Advertisement

Cheers buddy.

hahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahaaha

you are funny....how do ya come up with this stuff??

Pighead finds it hard to believe that you find it hard to believe

I can't believe I can't believe it's not butter is better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

tl'dr
    Your sig is bigger than your posts:mad:

dvpower wrote: »

So's me Cawk

just in a lazy mood...not lazy enough to not post though.

hahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahaaha

you are funny....how do ya come up with this stuff??
    Pighead can't take the credit for that one mink_man. Some amphetamined fuelled fella at this crazy party wrote that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Regression, children don't **** up about their age either, "but I'm 5 and 3/4's".

Pighead's currently at ...
    I saw that bit on the Late Late, with Tubridy patronising some pensioners and the pensioners going along for the ride.
    I don't quite get it. Is their some conspiracy where pensioners are just a group of simpletons and they just go along with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Is their some conspiracy where pensioners are just a group of simpletons and they just go along with it.

The idea was to convince the country that we should all be prepared to work until 75 to pay back the 80 billion quid "we" owe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Pighead's currently at an extremely cool and happening party. There's drugs, loose women and a superstar DJ here. Having a great night. It's one of those evenings you hope will never end. Ok, glad thats cleared up and nobody will think that Pighead is actually sitting in on a Friday night watching the Late Late Show or something as equally lame.

No shame in that bro.

Last time I checked, it's actually quite cool to watch the late late when you're on the clarkey cats or even if you've just taken a yellow bentine or two.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Why on earth do little old people insist on telling us their ages at every given opportunity.

They think it overpowers the stench of piss and and regret.

Pighead can't take the credit for that one mink_man. Some amphetamined fuelled fella at this crazy party wrote that.

oh right.

laugh wrote: »
    The idea was to convince the country that we should all be prepared to work until 75 to pay back the 80 billion quid "we" owe.
    I'm going to have to get a better job to pay that back.

They think it overpowers the stench of piss and and regret.
    That's a beautiful line tony. One day Pighead shall write a song about old people and you can be damn sure that line of yours will be used. And you can be even damned surer you won't be given any credit for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

snort snort poop twisty tail

cool story bro ! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Didn't you read the OP, Pighead was making soup and so had to be at a party.

Only reason anyone makes soup that late is when they're at some party and some twat has nipped up stairs with the butter to have a last tango with his mrs, leaving nothing to put on the bread should someone start screaming for toast, as they do.

Obviously some old boy, deficient in digestive enzymes, needed something to moisten the batch bread he found and so asked Pighead to make a pot of soup for him so he could have a bowl of it to dip his bread in.

I just got a text from someone that was at the same party actually, turns out the old boy was in fact Hugh fecking Hefner.

So, might be a few more stories when Pighead awakens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Reminds me of that Father Ted episode where Ted is putting together the Craggy Island over 75s and he's trying to give them instructions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

Totaly boring i say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Im a sh!t bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Some day, if we are lucky we will grow old.

And if we are old and can remember our age its a bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Subtle Troll

did ye ever notice you cant make a 2 digit number backwards that is twice the other number.

25 52

12 21

Mad isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

did ye ever notice you cant make a 2 digit number backwards that is twice the other number.

25 52

12 21

Mad isn't it?

Stay away from any teenagers I know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Subtle Troll

Millicent wrote: »
    Stay away from any teenagers I know...

What you incinuating Milicent, I am not a man of dodgey dealings or undesireable behaviours, out with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

dubtom wrote: »

Dundalk = Fundalk :P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Anyway, was just passing by one of the quieter rooms in this mad house when I seen a tiny bit of "The Late Late Show".

Ahhhhh, Pighead spoke in the 1st person! It's just wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Pighead finds it hard to believe that you find it hard to believe that their is a 'cool and happening' party in Dundalk. This is party town buddy. This is the Irish Ibiza. You think they call this town Fundalk just for the hell of it?

Pighead may be right.

Exhibit A m'Lawd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWsXd8w4vuk

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mugabe

Can some help,am very new to dreambox.i bought a DREAMBOX DM600PVR on ebay which was six months old. well i tested and it was working but took to friend who was trying to flash for me and he told me the mother board is brokendown( means the BootLoader is damaged)so i have to return it and can't return to sender because of used item policy on ebay.well can some one help me to show me a place in ireland that they can repair for me or can some one tell me if i can't repair or there is a something i can do myself fo fix the problem.i will appreciate any help.i am just new to this satellite receiver boxes.
    Thank you in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

mugabe wrote: »
    Can some help,am very new to dreambox.i bought a DREAMBOX DM600PVR on ebay which was six months old. well i tested and it was working but took to friend who was trying to flash for me and he told me the mother board is brokendown( means the BootLoader is damaged)so i have to return it and can't return to sender because of used item policy on ebay.well can some one help me to show me a place in ireland that they can repair for me or can some one tell me if i can't repair or there is a something i can do myself fo fix the problem.i will appreciate any help.i am just new to this satellite receiver boxes.
    Thank you in advance

If you were 84, that would be the least of your problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

mugabe wrote: »
    Thank you in advance
    lol! wtf?

• Advertisement
Advertisement