Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Nightclubs and Pubs in Wateford City

• 25-09-2010 12:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭

Am heading to waterford city in a few weeks for a weekend.Was looking for recommendations for good pubs and clubs.Last time we saw two good gigs in Electric Avenue but i hear thats closed now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

tumbleweed.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

In the town center you are stuck really between;
    Masons, Escape, Revolution and Harveys.

Not sure what Masons is like these days, but I believe they have a late licence. Escape and Revolution are generally good with some good bands and drink promotions on generally.

Harveys is on the expensive side for drink and while its a nice place, its always jam packed.

Pubs wise..
    Geoffs, Kaz Bar and the Wacky Apple (not sure what thats like).

Downses up from the Quay is nice enough, many a good night there and its where we host our Waterford Beers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Kaz Bar i have to say was brilliant, was there a few wkends ago on a hen party and we had a brilliant time, the music was great !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Traffic sat nights at the Forum....you're only man!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Sack

Masons is closed now I think.

You've only really got Harvey's, Geoffs, Kaz Bar, Revolution + its nightclub Escape (Avoid) and The Forum to choose from for late night drinking.

Of all those Kaz Bar and The Forum are probably the best, depending what kind of music you are in to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Sack wrote: »
    Masons is closed now I think.

You've only really got Harvey's, Geoffs, Kaz Bar, Revolution + its nightclub Escape (Avoid) and The Forum to choose from for late night drinking.

Of all those Kaz Bar and The Forum are probably the best, depending what kind of music you are in to.

Masons is still opened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Stay clear of the Kazbar , to packed , and the forum is well outside the main area, unless you want to get a taxi. Harveys, Masons and Escape play the same music cheesey chart stuff, and vary between a mixed crowd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Stay clear of the Kazbar , to packed , and the forum is well outside the main area, unless you want to get a taxi. Harveys, Masons and Escape play the same music cheesey chart stuff, and vary between a mixed crowd

The two other floors in the Kazbar are never packed though. A taxi to the Forum? How lazy is that! Masons has live music every night downstairs with a DJ upstairs.

Adyx wrote: »
    The two other floors in the Kazbar are never packed though. A taxi to the Forum? How lazy is that! Masons has live music every night downstairs with a DJ upstairs.

Was thinking that myself,who gets a taxi to the forum,stop in ned kelly's on the way only €3 a drink :)

If your with a woman with 5 inch heels, try get her to walk to the forum from the center of town:D I was in Masons sat 2 weeks ago, good band, but a lot of scum in there

• Advertisement

If your with a woman with 5 inch heels, try get her to walk to the forum from the center of town:D I was in Masons sat 2 weeks ago, good band, but a lot of scum in there

Ah sure when your not scum,its very easy to call everyone else scum.

What is the definition of scum?

Take a trip in yourself, some night and have a look around, and its not just masons, not getting into argument over whats scum or not

Take a trip in yourself, some night and have a look around, and its not just masons, not getting into argument over whats scum or not

Take a trip in where?

I'm probably what you would call scum,so it would be hard for me to see other scum.

I'm not getting into an argument over it either,just wanted to know what your view was on it is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭totallytrees

What is the definition of scum?

A girl got glassed in there last weekend, that kind of scum.

OP if you liked Electric Avenue, you'll like The Forum and its not that far from the centre of town, 10min walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Kaz Bar i have to say was brilliant, was there a few wkends ago on a hen party and we had a brilliant time, the music was great !!

That pretty much sums up downstairs in the Kazbah (its expensive too). All depends on what you are into. They do seem to especially cater for hen nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Which sums up the town. Bars need to cater for the outside visitors cause the locals don go out. :-)

A girl got glassed in there last weekend, that kind of scum.

OP if you liked Electric Avenue, you'll like The Forum and its not that far from the centre of town, 10min walk.

Oh right because someone started a thread on boards about something they had seen on facebook makes it true.

Oh right because someone started a thread on boards about something they had seen on facebook makes it true.

I actually didn't see a thread about that, I was in town when it happened.

If you like it in there that's grand, each to their own, we're just saying it has a bit of a bad reputation at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I actually didn't see a thread about that, I was in town when it happened.

If you like it in there that's grand, each to their own, we're just saying it has a bit of a bad reputation at the moment.

To be honest that says more about this town than Masons.

Adyx wrote: »
    To be honest that says more about this town than Masons.

yeah, it could happen anywhere really. ahh i still love waterford though :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

its kinda well known that certain pubs/clubs have a more "relaxed" level of security in them and therefore attract a rougher crowd.

but you will get an element of obnoxious/not particularly nice people no matter where you go tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

kryogen wrote: »
    its kinda well known that certain pubs/clubs have a more "relaxed" level of security in them and therefore attract a rougher crowd.

but you will get an element of obnoxious/not particularly nice people no matter where you go tbh

True, but I know I could beat the crap out of a Geoffs d-head, but a Masons d-head would most likely beat the crap out of me :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement