Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Front Mission: Evolved (PC, Xbox)

Options
  • 25-09-2010 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 83,313 ✭✭✭✭

This one was on my radar at one point because I recall the trailer, now its 3 days from release and a staggering $45. Did I mention I joined the recently unemployed? :o

http://store.steampowered.com/app/43000/

Made by Square Enix, looks like the bastard child of Armored Core, Zone of the Enders, and Gundam. And, it quotes Tsun Zu!

But what do others think? Is this gonna be a winner or a loser? Thought the face animations looked convincing, not often seen in games. The Gameplay looks more like it takes from Armored Core though, I've fallen more in love with the faster pace of Zone of the Enders and such. Then again, Steel Battalion was fun too.

Skip to the last half of the video and apparently there are out-of-mech missions also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Looking forward to this too, may be a while before I can afford it though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,440 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's actually made by Double Helix, an american company that made Silent Hill: Homecoming. What I hear is that it's a really dumbed down mech shooter and not good at all. It's a real shame Square Enix decided to **** this series over so badly. I really love the series when it was an excellent strategy RPG with Mechs but Square didn't even bother to localise Front Mission 5 which was by far the best in the series and then bring out a dull mech game to appeal to westerners.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,313 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

And they had nearly appealed to this Westerner. I'll wait this title out and watch the price plummet if it belongs in a bucket somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I still have front mission 3 for the ps1 in my room :p Might pick this up, always liked mech games :)

Advertisement