Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History help please!!!

• 25-09-2010 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hello one and all,im repeating the leaving cert 2 years after i did it.So basically i've lost all sense and feel for it.When i did my history(honours) exam i got lucky as i studied all the right questions and was very lucky to have them come up.But yeah i don't really know the layout of the paper and would very much like some tips and hints for the documents question and for the question on movements of social reform 1870-1914.So yeah just explain that to me please and i will be very relieved and glad for the help!

Oh yeah i would ask my teacher but i did that and to be frank he doesn't have a clue and is far to laid back and overall im getting no useful information off of him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭loudog

I don't know if you know this but the document's question that came up in 2010 was sunningdale so I'd concentrate on Coleraine..=P

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

ye sunningdale came up last year. dat leaves the apprentice boys of derry, or coleraine. just learn off a 2 page(a4) essay on both and dats the document section pretty much covered, cause the other bits are easy and you will fly through dem!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭loudog

Trying not to sound like a nagging teacher or a nerd, but I wouldn't recomend learnin essays for the documents question. On Coleraine there's a lot that can come up, the easiest one being "do you think the decision to site the university in coleraine was a sectarian decision" but you can also get asked about the role of jonh hume...toatally different. I'd say not basic facts and as you read the document and answer the other questions it will come to you...Works for me..Also always read the essay titles first...gets your brain thinking about them and doing some prep..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

chrissb7 wrote: »
    Hello one and all,im repeating the leaving cert 2 years after i did it.So basically i've lost all sense and feel for it.When i did my history(honours) exam i got lucky as i studied all the right questions and was very lucky to have them come up.But yeah i don't really know the layout of the paper and would very much like some tips and hints for the documents question and for the question on movements of social reform 1870-1914.So yeah just explain that to me please and i will be very relieved and glad for the help!

Oh yeah i would ask my teacher but i did that and to be frank he doesn't have a clue and is far to laid back and overall im getting no useful information off of him.

OP, I'd keep going at your teacher. He's supposed to be helping you, sooner or later he'll have to give you something constructive. Failing that, can you approach another staff member teaching History? I know this sounds stupid but it may be of benefit.

About the layout: buy a set of the most recent exam papers available and have a look through them. Get to know the structure and so on.
    loudog wrote: »
    I don't know if you know this but the document's question that came up in 2010 was sunningdale so I'd concentrate on Coleraine..=P

I wouldn't advise on this if there's multiple options. You could study all of one thing and it may not come up. Study most possible options decent rather than lumping all of your eggs in one basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,492 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

chrissb7 wrote: »

Concentrate on the 3 case studies in the 1870-1914 section:

1885/6 elections
    GAA
    The 1913 Lockout.

• Advertisement
Advertisement