Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paid Apps coming soon (hopefully)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Just bought SwiftKey for €2.78.
    Must look at tasker now.
    I'm gonna be spending a fortune today :p

I've probably spent close to €200 at this point, i wouldn't worry about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Sorry if it have been asked before. But once you buy the apps, can you re-download them as often as you like (on the same phone/number)?
    And if you flash your phone, can you download them again without having to pay again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Sorry if it have been asked before. But once you buy the apps, can you re-download them as often as you like (on the same phone/number)?
    And if you flash your phone, can you download them again without having to pay again?

Yes, they're linked to your Gmail/Google account. I bought a few and could still download and install them when I went back to an unrooted Desire.

Yup, they're tied to your google (gmail) account - so you can download them as many times on any phone you want, as long as you're signed into your google account on that phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Just bought TASKER. Cheaper than Locale and gets better reviews. Anybody got any good profiles? Or will I have to spend a few hours setting them up myself? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

newbie2 wrote: »
    Or will I have to spend a few hours setting them up myself? :o

No need to reinvent the wheel. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Any games worth paying for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Anyone else get stuck in Authorizing purchase ?
    How long can I expect this and is it everytime ?

LG GT540 (Android 1.6)

Any games worth paying for?

Loads, but depends what you're into. My latest one is Skies of Glory. Best thing to do is probably trawl through appbrain.

- Ste, are you using WiFi? That can happen sometimes, i use 3G to guarantee it. Also, a couple apps had an authorising purchase bug. Nothing you can do but try switching between wifi and 3g, and then just leave it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Top Paid menu just appeared for me now. Excellent. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Top Paid menu just appeared for me now. Excellent. :)

Not there for me yet.

Ste, are you using WiFi? That can happen sometimes, i use 3G to guarantee it. Also, a couple apps had an authorising purchase bug. Nothing you can do but try switching between wifi and 3g, and then just leave it.

Nope on 3G. Still stuck will guess I'll just leave it and see what happens.
    Still nice to have the paid apps option without using Market Enabler.
    Thanks for the help, I'll try it when I'm near my wifi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

The Top Paid option just appeared for me too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

No top paid for me but the paid apps are appearing under top free!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Mantel wrote: »
    No top paid for me but the paid apps are appearing under top free!

Same here almost, they're not under top free but they're there. No top paid.

Cheap too. :D

H8kiY.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Top paid now available for me.
    Desire with rooted froyo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Those seeing the paid apps but not the tab in marketplace might have something to do with this http://www.eurodroid.com/2010/10/google-silently-updating-its-android-market-client/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

After downloading flash update and adobe air I don't Gabe any room left for apps despite moving everything possib to the SD c.ard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

One of the main reasons I uninstalled Flash. Also because it sucks.

Those seeing the paid apps but not the tab in marketplace might have something to do with this http://www.eurodroid.com/2010/10/google-silently-updating-its-android-market-client/

Hmm, gotta say I'm not particularly happy with the idea of those silent updates... Useful certainly in this case but it makes me wonder what the hell else are they pushing out without telling us or more to the point what else could they push out?

JohnK wrote: »
    Hmm, gotta say I'm not particularly happy with the idea of those silent updates... Useful certainly in this case but it makes me wonder what the hell else are they pushing out without telling us or more to the point what else could they push out?

I tried doing that thing with the market, didn't work for me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Automatic updates will never be pushed out if there is any change in permissions for the apps. For example, if the new version has permission to "access call history", but the previous version didn't, then you will be prompted to confirm the new permissions.

angel01 wrote: »
    I tried doing that thing with the market, didn't work for me :(

I tried it yesterday and it didn't work, but left my phone on overnight with the market open but in the background,and when i opened up the market today the "top paid" button was there for me. Shouldn't take too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Top paid appearing for me now on my N1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

Its appeared for me on a SGS automatically this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

Have access to and can view all paid apps for the last few days (HTC Legend / Meteor) but can't seem to actually buy anything. I keep getting a force close when it goes to google checkout - anyone else getting this?

It is there for me now as well :) Just don't have the spare cash to buy anything :p

Mr E wrote: »
    Automatic updates will never be pushed out if there is any change in permissions for the apps. For example, if the new version has permission to "access call history", but the previous version didn't, then you will be prompted to confirm the new permissions.

I'm know thats how it works for the standard apps you or I would write but what I'd be concerned about would be the stuff Google themselves would push out without our knowledge - in this case an update for the market app which just so happens to be something I'd never configured for automatic updating. And even if it had been configured for that - I dont like the fact there wasnt some sort of notification to tell the users an update had taken place. Any normal apps installed via the market display a notification when they've been updated so why shouldnt this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,797 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Glad to see the paid apps available now. No real benefits of rooting at this point now, especially on meteor.

Bought two apps already and that is probably all I will buy to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

I love the paid apps. now i have great games from the iphone on my hero: Fruit ninja: great addicting game
    Doodle Jump: addicting, but needs updates
    Need For Speed Shift: amazing graphics and career mode
    Blow Up: great timewaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

so, paid apps are now available?

Big swinging Mickey!

So far I've found the vast majority of the apps that have appeared to be way more expensive than the apps available on apples app store.

1 example that sticks out like a sore thumb, doodle jump.

doodle jump via apples app store = € 0.79
    doodle jump via android market = € 2.51

so, my galaxy s may well be better than an iphone, but if android really want a much bigger share if the market, it's going to have to watch its pricing. There is no way I'm spending more than 3 times the amount of money, an iphone user had to spend for the same (sometimes inferior) product!

someone may sort it out, otherwise a lot of android users are going to get major pee'd off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Gucky wrote: »
    so, paid apps are now available?

Big swinging Mickey!

So far I've found the vast majority of the apps that have appeared to be way more expensive than the apps available on apples app store.

1 example that sticks out like a sore thumb, doodle jump.

doodle jump via apples app store = € 0.79
    doodle jump via android market = € 2.51

so, my galaxy s may well be better than an iphone, but if android really want a much bigger share if the market, it's going to have to watch its pricing. There is no way I'm spending more than 3 times the amount of money, an iphone user had to spend for the same (sometimes inferior) product!

someone may sort it out, otherwise a lot of android users are going to get major pee'd off!

The price difference reflects the difference in the number of users of iPhones versus Android, as in you have a lot more iPhone users set up and willing to buy paid apps compared to Android users.

As Android grows expect the prices to decrease as the user base grows and therefore Apps can be made and sold at a cheaper price while still making the developer money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

I have paid for an app yet it won't download, this happening to anyone else?

I have paid for an app yet it won't download, this happening to anyone else?

Do you have enough space?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Paid apps/updated marketplace displaying on HTC tattoo on vodafone :)

JustinOval wrote: »
    Do you have enough space?

I bought two apps on friday still won't download.
    Have 26MB free and teh app I want is 2MB so space shouldn't be an issue.
    Anyone offer anything to help ?

My Credit Card has been docked the money for the apps yet I still can't download them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

Paid app on the desire with three showed up yipee!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Ste- wrote: »
    I bought two apps on friday still won't download.
    Have 26MB free and teh app I want is 2MB so space shouldn't be an issue.
    Anyone offer anything to help ?

My Credit Card has been docked the money for the apps yet I still can't download them.
    What happens when you click install? Does it stop at "authorizing" or "Downloading"?

Try this (it sometimes seems to force a download to go through, although I have no idea why):
    • Open up the Market, navigate to the app you want, and hit install
    • Press the 'Home' button (not the back button)
    • Open your phone settings, go to "Accounts and Sync", open the Google account, press menu, then "sync now"
    • Reopen the Market app again and let it sit for a minute or two

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

paid apps showning on x10 mini pro on meteor.

• Advertisement

28064212 wrote: »
    What happens when you click install? Does it stop at "authorizing" or "Downloading"?

Try this (it sometimes seems to force a download to go through, although I have no idea why):
    • Open up the Market, navigate to the app you want, and hit install
    • Press the 'Home' button (not the back button)
    • Open your phone settings, go to "Accounts and Sync", open the Google account, press menu, then "sync now"
    • Reopen the Market app again and let it sit for a minute or two

Tried the above but no dice.
    It says authorizing then downloading then download unsuccessful.
    Really starting to get to me now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

paid apps now showing on stock desire.

One weird thing though, any apps I bought using my american SIM card are showing up as available to buy again (I uninstalled some). Shouldn't they still be available for me to download again for free once I've paid for them once?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Have you tied the same Google account to the market as when you first bought them?

Changed to wifi and the downloads commenced. How weird I had to change to wifi ?

Changed to wifi and the downloads commenced. How weird I had to change to wifi ?

What network are you on?

O2.
    I find it a bit silly as I'm not always near my wifi or an open network to download my apps. Guess I just have to wait till I am as they don't seem to download over the 3G network only wifi.

O2.
    I find it a bit silly as I'm not always near my wifi or an open network to download my apps. Guess I just have to wait till I am as they don't seem to download over the 3G network only wifi.

They should, they download fine over 3G for me, on Meteor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

O2.
    Im on O2 and dont have any issue downloading apps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Im on O2 and dont have any issue downloading apps

Well, good for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Paypal option for paid apps edging ever closer:http://www.androidguys.com/2010/10/26/paypal-coming-market/

Advertisement