Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Socket 939 cooler complete with mounting bracket ?

Options
  • 25-09-2010 5:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Looking for a little help here. I've an older motherboard, an Abit fatality AN8 SLi, which I want to use to throw together with spare parts I have lying around for my son as a cheap gaming rig.
    Unfortunately, when I was stripping that motherboard in a previous upgrade, I buggered up the original CPU mounting bracket that was attached to the motherboard itself, one of the clip holders snapped off as I was taking the old CPU off.
    Does anyone know of a socket 939 compatible CPU cooler that comes with it's own bracket/fixtures, as such not relying on you having the original motherboard one intact ?

Here's a pic of what the bracket looks like on the motherboard itself, taken from some other website, just to fully explain what I mean in case I fluffed all that explanation up, it's the black plastic part with "LOTES" wrote/stamped on it...

imageview.php?image=10169

Any help appreciated, thanks :)

Comments

Advertisement