Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

money transfer, shipping and a good rucksack!

Options
  • 25-09-2010 7:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hi all

just wondering what are the best options for transferring money to Oz i already have a bank account but havent used it yet?

what are the best options for shipping, how much does it cost and how long does it take?

any info on buying a good rucksack would be great also, size features, flying with aerlingus then quantus are they strict on the 20kilo limit?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cormaclynch

I used ozforex for money transfer and was no problems. I'd use them again.

Used Transglobal Express for shipping. Was quite cheap actually. 2 boxes of about 45Kg in total for £130 sterling or so, sent from Derry, not sure if they pick up from the South but I'd be surprised if they didnt. Took about a week to get here. No hassles except for Aussie customs which cant be helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

Used Transglobal Express for shipping. Was quite cheap actually. 2 boxes of about 45Kg in total for £130 sterling or so, sent from Derry, not sure if they pick up from the South but I'd be surprised if they didnt. Took about a week to get here. No hassles except for Aussie customs which cant be helped.

+1 on transglobel - great service
    I used travel to work for money transfer no complaints there ether

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

45kg, thats the ps3 covered wonder what the 50inch tv weighs lol

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Rebel Boy

In regards to transferring money, I set up a ANZ bank account with visa-first. They said they can transfer money into that account for me or else I can go into an ANZ branch when I arrive there have the details with me and transfer the money from my laser over to the Australian account. anyone used them before? Theres something I don't trust about them for some reason. Don't know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,354 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

You are aware that there are TVs in Oz right? :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Rebel Boy wrote: »
    In regards to transferring money, I set up a ANZ bank account with visa-first. They said they can transfer money into that account for me or else I can go into an ANZ branch when I arrive there have the details with me and transfer the money from my laser over to the Australian account. anyone used them before? Theres something I don't trust about them for some reason. Don't know why.

You could do that and it would work. Problem is the rate the bank gives you will not be as good as a currency enchange company.

Once you have your account number and BSB you dont need visa first to transfer the money, you can do it yourself

Mellor wrote: »
    You are aware that there are TVs in Oz right? :D:D:D

I was hoping to keep my money for beer lol

You could do that and it would work. Problem is the rate the bank gives you will not be as good as a currency enchange company.

Once you have your account number and BSB you dont need visa first to transfer the money, you can do it yourself

Potentially really stupid question here:

How?

go into my AIB and give them my Oz account details or do it online with some other company?

Il be transferrring about 10000 euro so want the best rate and lowest cost :D

Karl,

My advice would be is to use an online money transfer company. I dont know much about transferring money, I only did it once but I shopped around with all the online companies and thought ozforex were giving the best rate. I'd also compare them to the bank rate, i.e ask them after all fees etc how much money will end up in your oz account. THey might try and confuse you with rates etc and not include any fees they may charge.

Also might be a thought to only transfer 5000 euro if you think the rate may improve for you? THen transfer the other half when you need it. Rate might also get worse though!

And yes all you need for the online transfer is your acc and bsb number. THen you transfer your money to the account specified by the transfer company then when the money clears they deposit money to your oz account.

Advertisement