Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hooked on Auntie Anne's!

Options
  • 25-09-2010 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭

Why oh why did Auntie Anne have to set up a shop in Blanchardstown S.C.?

Or more importantly, why did I have that one taste of a pretzel from the girl who was giving out samples?

I'm hooked! They are gorgeous pretzels, warm, soft, sweet. Delish! I can't go a day without having one.

Anyone else have this problem? Do I need to set up a D15 Auntie Anne support group?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

I do love a good pretzels:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

They are gorgeous pretzels, warm, soft, sweet. Delish! I can't go a day without having one.

One! Count yourself lucky!!!! I eat them in twos and threes and fours!!!

They really are divine!!!!!

I buy them every saturday for a lovely treat at home with a nice coffee and the newspapers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

amdublin wrote: »
    One! Count yourself lucky!!!! I eat them in twos and threes and fours!!!

They really are divine!!!!!

I buy them every saturday for a lovely treat at home with a nice coffee and the newspapers.

I like the vanilla ones but have heard that the cinnamon is very good too.

Anyone tried the savoury ones?

I do think they are quite big though - you could share one between two people if you wanted (obviously 2 people who don't love them as much as Amdublin ;))

amdublin wrote: »
    I eat them in twos and threes and fours!!!

This was a joke btw ;)

I buy a couple and eat them over the whole weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I used to work in Barratts which is next door to Auntie Annes, at the end of the night they'd give us all the stuff they hadn't sold.. I can confirm that the cinnamon ones are delicious!! :pac:

• Advertisement

I used to work in Barratts which is next door to Auntie Annes, at the end of the night they'd give us all the stuff they hadn't sold.. I can confirm that the cinnamon ones are delicious!! :pac:

Note to self:
    "Must try cinnamon pretzel"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Every time myself and my boyfriend walk past Auntie Anne's we comment on the lack of customers and wonder how it's still open! I guess this is the reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭icywind1980

I'm surprised with how many people like them. 9 times out of 10 I go there and am disappointed that my pretzel is either cold or gooey inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

OMG these are so delicious. I bought so many I filled up my loyalty card within a few weeks and got a free one.
    love them

I'm surprised with how many people like them. 9 times out of 10 I go there and am disappointed that my pretzel is either cold or gooey inside.[/QUOTE]

I am really surprised about this. I have never had one that is not perfect.

I am also intrigued that you keep going back even though you are disappointed with them (nine times out of ten).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

They are great, the only thing I noticed is that they started out at €2.00 for a sweet one and €2.50 for the pepperoni/bacon and cheese ones, but as of about two months ago they increased the prices across the board, the sweet ones are now €2.50 and the savoury ones €2.90. :( And since they have the prices on a plasma TV they can change it any time they like. I love their lemonade though, it is absolute rocket fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I bought one today purely because of this thread, got a cinnamon one, was very nice, but at the same time I dont think it would be the kind of thing i'd even like to have every day, will def visit there from time to time though

Woo hoo! Mind over matter - I passed by without buying a pretzel today...... don't think I will manage it 2 days in a row tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Nolimits wrote: »
    I bought one today purely because of this thread, got a cinnamon one, was very nice, but at the same time I dont think it would be the kind of thing i'd even like to have every day, will def visit there from time to time though

+1...I did the exact same thing tonight. Queue of about three people at 7ish, not bad for a Wednesday night.

Warm and fresh but not very cinnamonny.

Woo hoo! Mind over matter - I passed by without buying a pretzel today...... don't think I will manage it 2 days in a row tho!

Back on the Auntie Ann's habit - will be heading over for one today!

I wish they had seating in their outlet though. I see people eating their pretzel at the fountain - doesn't look fun :(

I sneak mine in to Starbucks.... don't really like doing this and I feel like they might kick me out along with my coffee and pretzel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Meathgirl

oh lads i thought it was just me who goes weak for these pretzels...... I love the cinnamon ones...... and the garlic ones...... oh I LOVVVEEEE them!!!:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Had my first one of these today, a Cinnamon one and it was truly delicious!! Glad I rarely go to the centre or I'd be hooked on them!

Meathgirl wrote: »
    oh lads i thought it was just me who goes weak for these pretzels...... I love the cinnamon ones...... and the garlic ones...... oh I LOVVVEEEE them!!!:D

There's garlic ones?!!!! Mmmmmmmm!

Try the vanilla sugar ones Gaspode!!! divine!

Meathgirl wrote: »

Garlic ones!!!! I must try these :)

I had the garlic! I had the garlic!

It's amazing!!!

Garlic one for mains. Vanilla for dessert. Fabulous :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 DinnyMc

Chocolate ones with biscuit are nice :)
    Cinnamon ones are aswell :P

Paadddyy wrote: »
    Chocolate ones with biscuit are nice :)
    Cinnamon ones are aswell :P

I had a Sour Cream and Onion pretzel yesterday - delish!

I think they have a very American taste to them..... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

OK OK OK not funny because of this thread I tried a cinnamon sugar prezel today......Why did I do it :eek::eek::eek:

So delicious...

Justask wrote: »
    OK OK OK not funny because of this thread I tried a cinnamon sugar prezel today......Why did I do it :eek::eek::eek:

So delicious...

Just wait until you taste the vanilla ones! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The chocolate one has a Twix in it. :eek: And now I have icing sugar all over my jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

The chocolate one has a Twix in it. :eek: And now I have icing sugar all over my jeans.

I really think this thread is VERY VERY bad for my health :cool:

Twix u say??? Have to to have one of those just for research pupposes :rolleyes:

Advertisement