Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any advice welcome on Tax underpayment

• 25-09-2010 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi sorry if this has been asked before..Have a demand from the revenue for approx 7k due over 2 years underpayment and small amount of cgt. Cant get a loan for the life of me.Im a paye worker,wife was out of work for 18 months and just back. Now ina position to start paying it back,can afford 50/60 euro weekly but just got a solicitors letter asking for full amount now and not to contact the revenue again.. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭premier10

I'd contact them and try to come to some arrangement with them.

They will stick their heels in if don't try to make an effort to pay.

I don't think 50/60 quid a week will cut it with them, but they may reduce your tax credits for future years some bit if you could at least give some type of lump sum now. Might be past that stage though. You'll just need to try and plea your case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 drivingmenuts

Yeah I have about 2k to give now and some unmatured shares that I can hopefully lodge against it.will contact them and see anyway.

Advertisement