Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCWorld in Waterford stock RAM?

• 25-09-2010 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I have been ringing them for the last two days but It hasn't been answered once.

I'm just wondering if they have a reasonable stock of components? I'm looking for DDR3 ram, the last time I was there I seem to remember they have a good selection of cpus, gfx cards etc but that was years ago. Can anyone shed any light?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

You'd be lucky to find a member of staff there who knows what RAM is. Why not buy online?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

They have RAM there, but whether its any good or not thats the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Adventsparky

dayshah wrote: »
    You'd be lucky to find a member of staff there who knows what RAM is. Why not buy online?

Impatience plain and simple :)

Thanks Xyo, I'll take a spin down later and check it out, no harm sure. If they don't have what I need then I'll just buy online as per dayshah's suggestion.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

They have had good RAM on sale, yes.

Buy online though for a better deal if you can. Komplett.ie isn't bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Any time I've looked at their RAM, there's only been a few in stock and mostly small capacity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

be wary of Komplett. They used to be great, but are gone to the dogs in the last while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bought 1GB DDR2 ram for about 20 euro from komplett a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah I often use Komplett even though they are having troubles in the last while. Got most of the other parts from there.

Took the trip down to PCWorld today and there was only DDR2 ram and I was informed they don't sell it and he wasn't sure if anyone sells it, even online??? :D

I'll just buy it online altogether. Wishful thinking to hope they had what I needed I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

I normally use crucial.com for ram.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

Junior wrote: »
    I normally use crucial.com for ram.
    +1 for crucial, i've brought from them before and found them good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Crucial is excellent - buy from them all the time - especially handy for HP desktops where there are many variants of the one model. With their RAM Checker this is not a problem:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

shop4memory.ie based in kildare I think, free delivery and ive ordered before at 4ish and ram came in the letterbox with the postman the following morning,
    p&p included in price too ,
    fast, cheap and irish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

rasper wrote: »
    shop4memory.ie based in kildare I think, free delivery and ive ordered before at 4ish and ram came in the letterbox with the postman the following morning,
    p&p included in price too ,
    fast, cheap and irish

+1 for me.

Bought RAM and delivered first thing following morning!

RAM ordered from komplett but used Crucial to ensure compatibilty. Thanks for all the help!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Hey guys, for those of you who use shop4memory, you are better off buying from their other site, http://www.memoryc.com/ as they only charge once for shipping there, there is a shipping price built into each item on the shop4memory site. Also if you spend over a certain amount shipping is usally free on memoryc.

Advertisement