Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oz Experience bus - any thoughts?

Options
  • 25-09-2010 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Only 3 or 4 weeks until I'm outa Sydney and on up the coast

We're considering what's the best way to do it now.

I don't think we'll be planning stuff in advance, we'll probably book the Frasier Island and Whitsundays stuff a week or so before we get there, so we're just looking at the bus plans now.

The Greyhound bus is cheap as chips for a hop-on-hop-off pass, but lots of people have said that it's no fun, people use it when travelling for work and stuff, you won't meet anyone, etc.

So the main alternative would be the Oz Experience. I've read one or two posts on here saying that there are stories of people being left behind, etc., and I get the impression that it's a bit messy in general. I suppose a bit of messiness is not bad if it's a good laugh too.

Main priorities are (a) having a good time, (b) meeting other travellers, (c) gettin me hole :D </tallaght knacker>

So ye reckon the Oz Experience would deliver as far as these are concerned? I'm not too concerned about being 'stranded' -- we're only going from Sydney to Cairns, stopping at the main spots, so it's not like we'll be stuck in some outback hick town in WA or somethin.

FYI -- there's 5 of us goin (2 couples and me, disaster!)

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Nobody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Sorry Dave looks like no-ones taken that bus.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

haha no worries :D

After further investigation it looks like we're actually going with the Greyhound instead. We'll probably be asleep on the bus anyway, so better to travel in comfort with a reliable company, and save the messing for the hostels :) Greyhound seems to offer more flexibility too, and has better service

Advertisement