Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband conundrum

Options
  • 25-09-2010 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

short story(are mine ever short? lol) i am living in Ring just outside dungarvan and have eircom house phone and 3mb broadband. got the package when i had OH living with me but i want to get rid of the house phone now, therein lies the problem in that i want to have an internet service but i do not want a landline:rolleyes:
    obviously eircom cannot help me in this regard so i was wondering if ye could come up with some suggestions please:confused: caseys do not provide service out to Ring.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

UPC?

I got set up for broadband without a landline a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

UPC?

I got set up for broadband without a landline a few weeks ago.

UPC do not exist in the Dungarvan area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Junior

http://www.alphawave.ie/?location=contact are probably your only option, and it will be more expensive than landline bb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

They don't seem to list anywhere in the west of the county on their coverage link.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Junior wrote: »
    http://www.alphawave.ie/?location=contact are probably your only option, and it will be more expensive than landline bb.

Last site update on coverage seems to be 2007!

Are they still in existence even??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 rubydoo

Hi live in the same area. Broadband is a nightmare here isnt it. Anyway we finally got broadband from a guy in Castlelyons. I think thats where he lives anyway. Its c-tek broadband..no landline needed as we got rid of ours. I have no idea of MB etc as I wouldnt have a clue all I know is it works lol!

The support number for C-Tek is 1570-600636. You could call and see what he says. The main guys name is Chris Tyler. HTH.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭deadman walking

rubydoo,living in ring?,bet i know ya lol:) tried upc already guys and they do not service this area. will try that c-tek crowd,how much are their setup costs rubydoo?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LightHugger

These guys might be worth checking out:

http://www.amocom.com/home.html

The coverage map on the web site includes Ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭deadman walking

thanks lighthugger,tried sending amocom an e-mail twice but it keeps coming back as failed to send:confused: do you know what the setup costs are to get the broadband installed or any details as i can't find that info on their website?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LightHugger

I'm afraid I know nothing about them. I heard they bought Ardmore Technology's broadband business, and I recall that AT used to do wireless broadband in Ring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 oddwire

Had Amocom service a few years ago when living in West Waterford (well had Ardmore and it became Amocom), I think we were paying €30 a month, set up costs were about €250 (with Ardmore obv) for receiver, installation etc. Service was good, never had an issue and paid by direct debit so it was only when I went to cancel it when we were moving that I realised the company had changed hands.

Advertisement