Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone een charged by Eircom for going over their 30 GB limit

• 25-09-2010 11:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

When they switched me overto NGB (without actually giving me a choice) they gave me this usage meter which tells me I am way over my limit - I haven't been downloading anything lately but there are a number of wireless devices in the household.

I went way over last month and haven't yet been charged - again this month I am already at 114% - if they charge me I am cancelling.

Thing is if they don't charge should I upgrade to their unlimited package - seems all right but a lot of negatives on here about the NGB - my speed since it changes has been around 4.4.

Can you get broadband only from UPC and if so does it interfere with Sky signal (somebody told me it does).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

yes you can get broadband only from upc but they charge an extra 7.75(i think).dont know about interfering with sky but i wouldnt have thought so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Yep,we were ''upgraded'' to NGB and were immediately charged an extra ten euro for going over our measly 30gb limit,cancelled eircom and joined UPC.€32 a month instead of €59 and no download limit,its great!.We have sky+ here in the house and the broadband doesn't interfere with it at all either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ZOLTAN28

Cheers - I reckon I will cancel as soon as they charge me - I think it was UPC that told me it would interfere but that may be jusy a snaky way of getting me to drop the Sky - although it may have been phone and broadband together that caused the problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

Why would broadband coming over a cable interfere with a signal from a satellite? I say it is UPC bull****ting you into taking the full package.

Was just thinking - might it be because Sky requiere me to be hooked up to a phone line?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Nah UPC dont use phonelines to proivde you with there service its done through a totally differant system Cable to be exact your sky installation wont be affected at all by this

Yeah that makes sense - wish I could remember who told me that.

Yep,we were ''upgraded'' to NGB and were immediately charged an extra ten euro for going over our measly 30gb limit,cancelled eircom and joined UPC.€32 a month instead of €59 and no download limit,its great!.We have sky+ here in the house and the broadband doesn't interfere with it at all either.

Did you have togive Eircom any notice?

Is that Broadband and phone for €32?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

sky only require you hookup to a telephone line for multiroom, if you get rid of multiroom you need not have a phoneline at all....saving a further €26 a month + the multiroom cost. The extra receivers will still work for the free channels.

We have the multiroom all right and I'd rather keep them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

ZOLTAN28 wrote: »
    We have the multiroom all right and I'd rather keep them
    The UPC phone service is compatible with sky digiboxes. If you're happy enough to ditch eircom entirely, you could switch the landline over to them aswell.

Kensington wrote: »
    The UPC phone service is compatible with sky digiboxes. If you're happy enough to ditch eircom entirely, you could switch the landline over to them aswell.

And this will have no issue with Sky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

ZOLTAN28 wrote: »
    And this will have no issue with Sky?
    Nope. Once all digiboxes call back from the one phone number, sky don't care.

Advertisement