Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bookies Undercharging?

• 25-09-2010 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭

Was in Boylesports shop today where i placed a $30 single, and a $20 double.
    Handed the bloke at the counter 50quid and walked off, he shouted at me to come back and handed me 30quid and said theres your change, i handed it back and said sure i gave you 50 for a 30 sinle and 20 double, so he looked at the docket again and said jaysus thanks i only saw 20double.

My question is if i had taken the change and said nothing and the bets came in, would i get paid?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Why not? is that your opinion or do you have reasoning?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭iii Stevo iii

he would have only inputted the 20euro bet. So no you wouldn't have got paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

ft9 wrote: »
    Was in Boylesports shop today where i placed a $30 single, and a $20 double.
    Handed the bloke at the counter 50quid and walked off, he shouted at me to come back and handed me 30quid and said theres your change, i handed it back and said sure i gave you 50 for a 30 sinle and 20 double, so he looked at the docket again and said jaysus thanks i only saw 20double.

My question is if i had taken the change and said nothing and the bets came in, would i get paid?

pretty simple,check your docket and change b4 leaving the counter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

ft9 wrote: »
    Why not? is that your opinion or do you have reasoning?

happened to me before! Did a 25 reverse forecast. He only put the bet through for 25 not 50 as he should have. I only got paid for a 12.50 reverse forecast. They go by the amount printed on the docket not what you write.

• Advertisement
Advertisement