Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Birthday Massacre - Pins and Needles

Options
  • 25-09-2010 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

A favourite of mine for the last few years ever since I unexpectedly stumbled across their album Walking with Strangers is Canadian synthrock band The Birthday Massacre. I have been looking forward to their next studio album for quite a while. They did release a live DVD last year but there wasn't much on it I hadn't heard before even if the live setting added a different dimension to their sound.

Anyway, their new album Pins and Needles is out and happily they haven't strayed from their existing sound formula which means existing fans won't be disappointed and new fans won't have anything unexpected if they go through their back catalogue. I like the album so much I even changed my avatar :).

Here are a few of my favourite tracks from the new album:

Any other fans of this band out there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭silent sage

I've been listening to this album over the past week and I've been pleasantly surprised. I questioned it at first, initially thinking it's akin to Eurovision rock :D. It grew on me significantly after a couple of listens, each track is really catchy and I'm always looking forward to the next song whilst enjoying the current. I love her unique pronunciation of some words, and while the lyrics are mainly dark/negative, it puts me in a contented mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

I've been debating getting this album. Actually, was thinking about it on bus this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I love her unique pronunciation of some words
    Yeah, those Canadians and their odd accent!
    I've been debating getting this album. Actually, was thinking about it on bus this morning.
    If you like that style of music then get it, it's well worth it.

Advertisement