Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Vs. Sunderland Setanta Sports 1 3.00pm 25/09/10

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

And here comes the Anti Hodgson brigade!

I don't think I've seen anyone being "Anti Hodgson" in the same way people were "Anti Rafa". Most Rafa supporters I've seen also support Hodgson, but are realistically pointing out that he is probably not the right man for the job.

The "Anti Rafa" thing got really really personal and deep cutting. It was so bad that it still persists now and probably will for years. Some incredible vitriol the likes of which I don't think we will see chucked Hodgsons way no matter how bad he does. Why? Because Rafa supporters realise the problems at the club are not down only to the Manager, but a much bigger thing, and will not blame the manager for the club's failings, even on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

they got 20 points less than liverpool last season, equals my boll*x....

liverpool wont finish 20 points ahead of them this season, doubtful liverpool will finish 20 points ahead of many teams this season tbh

as it stands, sunderland are as good a side as liverpool, perhaps a bit better since theyve got bent

Aston Villas new manager is Gerard Houllier.:D

correct, a big step up from martin o'neill who your lot will probably end up with after woy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Sunderlands pressing has been excellent. Fighting for everything. Its the main ingredient missing in our recent play. Desperately need a replacement for mashcerano in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it has to be expected.

his team needs to give us something positive to latch onto, because at the moment, it's not even doing what Hodgson is supposed to be good at getting his teams to do...(i.e: tight, disciplined and orgainsed).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

Its not the anti-hodgson brigade, the man is sound but he is so out of his depth as our manager its unbelievable and performances so far have reflected that, there is no hiding that fact.

We don't press anymore, looked lost. Overrun in midfield in almost every game by the opposition, long ball tactics. That is only the start, you have Gerrard playing too deep, he isn't a central midfielder end of story. Lucas is ten times the player than Poulsen who has being so far in a Red shirt as bad a signing I have seen since Jimmy Carter.

Carra should be dropped end of story, Skrtel and Agger should be the central starting positions. Johnson isn't a right back, play him on the wing in midfield if needed where we can use his strengths and put Kelly in right back to supplement that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

spockety wrote: »
    I don't think I've seen anyone being "Anti Hodgson" in the same way people were "Anti Rafa". Most Rafa supporters I've seen also support Hodgson, but are realistically pointing out that he is probably not the right man for the job.

The "Anti Rafa" thing got really really personal and deep cutting. It was so bad that it still persists now and probably will for years. Some incredible vitriol the likes of which I don't think we will see chucked Hodgsons way no matter how bad he does. Why? Because Rafa supporters realise the problems at the club are not down only to the Manager, but a much bigger thing, and will not blame the manager for the club's failings, even on the pitch.

I'm not anti anyone, I'm pro Liverpool Football Club. For me sycophantic idolatry of anyone is childish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Helix wrote: »
    liverpool wont finish 20 points ahead of them this season, doubtful liverpool will finish 20 points ahead of many teams this season tbh

as it stands, sunderland are as good a side as liverpool, perhaps a bit better since theyve got bent
    First sentence is probably true. But in bold is absolute ****.

SlickRic wrote: »
    it has to be expected.

his team needs to give us something positive to latch onto, because at the moment, it's not even doing what Hodgson is supposed to be good at getting his teams to do...(i.e: tight, disciplined and orgainsed).

give him time, he'll get liverpool relatively solid again

if he's not sacked before the end of the season (which he probably will be) i think he'll actually do a decent job there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Thanks for that, your opinion is very important to us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Ardent

Hodgson haters out in full force again I see.

Poulsen is drowning out there again. He is so weak, the Sunderland midfield is dominating and our forward line is being starved of supply.

Finical wrote: »

why? theyve got more points than liverpool, player better football than liverpool and are currently all over liverpool

correct, a big step up from martin o'neill who your lot will probably end up with after woy

And given that Rafa Benitez was a big step up from Houllier, it all gets very confusing. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Another listless performance today from Liverpool.

There is no urgency in their play, and even less imagination. The midfield is being played through with ease, and the big names are going missing yet again.

Sunderland could pass for the home team today going by how they are playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

well we'll only know that in may wont we
    perhaps a bit better since theyve got bent

what the hell does that even mean?

And given that Rafa Benitez was a big step up from Houllier, it all gets very confusing. ;)

did houllier finish outside the top 4 with liverpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭mada999

We are too narrow and Sunderland are winning everything in the center of midfield... we making it too easy for them to defend... Sunderland look the much better team

We are not gonna do anything in this league if we don't buy top wingers soon :(

Kess73 wrote: »
    Another listless performance today from Liverpool.

There is no urgency in their play, and even less imagination. The midfield is being played through with ease, and the big names are going missing yet again.

Sunderland could pass for the home team today going by how they are playing.

Couldn't agree more. Absolutely pathetic. Something seriously wrong inside the camp. The players are refusing to play for Hodgson.

I'm not anti anyone, I'm pro Liverpool Football Club. For me sycophantic idolatry of anyone is childish.

Being pro Liverpool and Anti Rafa are not mutually exclusive things. You are obviously anti-Rafa in that it is your preference that Rafa Benitez should not manage the club because he is responsible in the main for the problems that the club face.

I am pro-Liverpool. I wish Rafa was our manager. Hodgson is though, and he has my support even though I think he is out of his depth. I will not call for his head or anything like that, because there is no point, and because there are far far bigger problems at the club than Roy Hodgson (or indeed Rafa Benitez).

well we'll only know that in may wont we

we certainly will
    what the hell does that even mean?

honestly? you have to ask what it means when i say sunderland are probably a bit better than liverpool at the moment coz theyve got darren bent, a player who consistently bangs goals in for fun without missing half of every season through injury?

• Advertisement

Aimed at me I suppose. I explained above my reasons you can either like or lump it. The fact is this club is sinking fast, if you are pro Liverpool Football Club stop feeding the habit of H&G by buying anything in the stadium or official club shops even official merchandise. The similarities being us and Leeds is uncanny.

yes

Is there not a Villa thread somewhere you could be molesting?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Sunderland have an abysmal record at Anfield. Their last goal there was scored 10 years ago, and their last victory at the ground was in October 1983, one of only two in the last 50 years.

Woah, shows how bad Liverpool have sunk: they've conceded haha

Yes twice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Finical wrote: »
    I can't believe you fell for that :pac:

Couldn't agree more. Absolutely pathetic. Something seriously wrong inside the camp. The players are refusing to play for Hodgson.

Isnt that the managers fault though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Ahh now why did you go and say that?

My desire for MON to never manage Liverpool pretty much matches how strongly you felt about having him out of Villa.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Just in lads, hows the beachball playing up front?

• Advertisement

do you have any ideas as to why that might be?

i know i have some...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Melion wrote: »
    Any decent streams for this lads?
    myp2p.eu look for the fox soccer via veetle

Being pro Liverpool and Anti Rafa are not mutually exclusive things. You are obviously anti-Rafa in that it is your preference that Rafa Benitez should not manage the club because he is responsible in the main for the problems that the club face.

I am pro-Liverpool. I wish Rafa was our manager. Hodgson is though, and he has my support even though I think he is out of his depth. I will not call for his head or anything like that, because there is no point, and because there are far far bigger problems at the club than Roy Hodgson (or indeed Rafa Benitez).

I'm not anti Rafa. Still think he's one of the top coaches in World Football. I just don't absolve him of all responsibility for the problems we had on the pitch.

flahavaj wrote: »

it morphed into a Michael Turner/Stuart Atwell combo and gave us a bit of retribution in the form of a stupid goal.

I would rather we handed Hodgson a 10 year contract right now than offer O'Neill a postion as our manager. That's how poorly i rate him.

SlickRic wrote: »
    do you have any ideas as to why that might be?

i know i have some...

I've no idea, love to hear yours though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Better football from Liverpool, much better. Joe Cole running the show.

20 mins is a long time in football.

Is there not a Villa thread somewhere you could be molesting?

why? im not the one who brought villa into the conversation, i was just replying to a post

dunno why people are getting so antsy about accepting that liverpool and sunderland are equals this season

until liverpool get new owners, thats going to continue to be their lot in life. accept it and get over it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fear is the key, and its jammed in the lock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭Sappy404

flahavaj wrote: »

Andy Reid's a midfielder isn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭mada999

búll****..... Roy has picked the best team he can put out.... the players have to take responsibility...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

we only play in the second half. come on .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Mister men wrote: »
    We have been brutal. Hodgson is in over his head.

Look, last year I lambasted the players for underperforming for Rafa. The same is true this season, it's not like Roy has said "right lads, I want you to go out there and look likewise idiots. Run around in circles, don't pass to your teammates and let the other team through whenever they fancy it."

The players underperformed last season for Rafa, and they're doing the same this year again.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Isnt that the managers fault though

Yeah, its on his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Yay Second half begins,

we can get back to the match now, then get back to work on getting the thread locked later.

Never a peno. Linford Christie would'nt have got to that ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol

Dazza Bent :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Good grief!

Deserved goal for Sunderland. Fair play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

My god, so much terrible defending / midfielding from LFC in the build-up to that goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Thought they had given a penalty myself, Reina came that quick and got nothing,

Could have been given.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement