Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Vs. Sunderland Setanta Sports 1 3.00pm 25/09/10

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Agger! what a chance, should have scored, didn't deserve a win though,

Game Over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Oh lord, why is Agger there and not a forward.

Game over, wish we could play that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

Let the protests begin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Not good enough. The players we have we should have wiped the floor with Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Liverpool hurt my soul this season.

Watching out at my folks place, my father just came in and said "Jesus Paul, from the sound of it you should give up football and spend your time on something you like!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Cole looked dangerous, Kuyt is absolutely useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Cannot argue with the draw.

Maybe some of my fellow reds will put some blame on the ref, but the ref cannot be blamed for the listless performance from Liverpool for the first hour or so..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

The best i can say is at least we didn't lose. Looked so much better when we started to take the game to them.

And amazingly made ground on our rivals for the CL spots. (i haven't ruled it out yet)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Worried about the Blackpool game now next week after that performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Ardent

Amazing how much better we played when Poulsen was replaced. All over them for the last 20 mins and should have won it. Ref was a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Esse85 wrote: »
    Emm no he's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Roy Hodgson is not, and never will be, a top four manager.

Mister men wrote: »
    Not good enough. The players we have we should have wiped the floor with Sunderland.

When you have strikers tackling in their own D and defenders trying to score, seems we have the roles all mixed up. Did Roy say play were ever you feel like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

was torres the best liverpool player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

which is why he isnt managing a top four club

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

that was pathetic until about 70 minutes.

if Hodgson can actually figure out why the f*ck we only start playing properly, and with urgency, when we go goals down, and can get us starting games like that, then it's possible that we might not have a disaster of a season.

but any more of this lethargic, sitting-back crap and the pattern wil continue like this for the forseeable future.

sunderland look a very tidy team, and were more than worth their point over the 90 minutes.

Emm no he's not.

Emm yes he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

That first half can not be explained rationally. The majority of players should not have been tired and after the mid week result should have come out all guns blazing.

Ardent wrote: »
    Amazing how much better we played when Poulsen was replaced. All over them for the last 20 mins and should have won it. Ref was a disgrace.

That lad hasn't looked great yet at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

He was ****e on both sides, i dont think anyone will be blaming the ref, under shocking performance, we are stuck with a second rate manager and we are in a hole

Emm no he's not.
    Your right, he's good enough for a top 10 club like Liverpool.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

A bad 2 points dropped at home, it really makes the Blackpool game a must win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

You have to take him on his merits bill, he is currently manager of a 7th place team, who have lost probably their best player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Bring back Phil Thompson. :cool:

Remember that spell he had when Houllier was sick. :pac:

SlickRic wrote: »
    that was pathetic until about 70 minutes.

if Hodgson can actually figure out why the f*ck we only start playing properly, and with urgency, when we go goals down, and can get us starting games like that, then it's possible that we might not have a disaster of a season.

but any more of this lethargic, sitting-back crap and the pattern wil continue like this for the forseeable future.

sunderland look a very tidy team, and were more than worth their point over the 90 minutes.

Hodgson is still trying to figure out his best team. I think it should be obvious to him by now that it doesn't include Poulsen. Gerrard made a huge difference when he dropped back, Poulsen is too lethargic and offers SFA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Maybe I saw a different game because I saw Joe Cole do sweet fúck all for 90mins whereas Kuyt, fresh back from an injury allowed Johnson to get forwards and brought back a sense of stabillity to our team.

Not happy with a point to be honest, we weren't great but I was delighted to see us actually playing football out of the back instead of hoofing the ball forwards.

we were far too narrow - Meireles was absolutely wasted out wide and we were predictable to defend against - Again referring to Kuyt - all our decent attacks came down the right wing, himself and Johnson offered us width which is something we were sorely lacking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    A bad 2 points dropped at home, it really makes the Blackpool game a must win.

I thought this game was a must win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

The Muppet wrote: »
    I thought this game was a must win.

the blackpool game is much bigger, a real six pointer between the two clubs from the looks of the season so far :p

PaulieC wrote: »
    Maybe I saw a different game because I saw Joe Cole do sweet fúck all for 90mins whereas Kuyt, fresh back from an injury allowed Johnson to get forwards and brought back a sense of stabillity to our team.

Not happy with a point to be honest, we weren't great but I was delighted to see us actually playing football out of the back instead of hoofing the ball forwards.

we were far too narrow - Meireles was absolutely wasted out wide and we were predictable to defend against - Again referring to Kuyt - all our decent attacks came down the right wing, himself and Johnson offered us width which is something we were sorely lacking
    Maybe you did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

That was the poorest performance I've seen from Kuyt. Johnson is steadily getting worse. Carragher, Torres and Gerrard were usless today.

Poulsen was rubbish, even Reina looked uncertain.

We started the season ok, we're actually getting worse as it progresses.

Mrmoe wrote: »
    That first half can not be explained rationally. The majority of players should not have been tired and after the mid week result should have come out all guns blazing.

Why would they have come out with a point to prove when the manager made a point of telling the press that he told the players who were starting today that the midweek loss was nothing to do with them. The idea of playing for the shirt seems to be lost on a lot the players in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i am also confused about this, cole has yet to turn in a quality performance imo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭mada999

maybe the 1 up front has to go then... looked alot better when N'Gog came on (it was the same against utd).. drop Poulsen altogether..

Where was Mierles playing? he seemed a bit all over the place... he was playing ahead of Gerrard at some stages today.

Kuyt looked very tired and was not at the races
    Mierles and Poulsen's passing was a bit dodge
    Joe Cole was anonymous for most of the game
    Torres did not get any service
    Gerrard was ok but left gaps in the center of mid
    Skyrtl was decent today i thought..

again... wingers are needed...

Says multitudes when Ngog is you hope from the bench. No offence to the young lad he may make an excellent player one day but he is nowhere near that level yet.

That was the poorest performance I've seen from Kuyt. Johnson is steadily getting worse. Carragher, Torres and Gerrard were usless today.

Yep each game seems to bring an even more spineless performance.

Maybe you did.

Super resposnse, I'm quite literally...blown away.

Give an actual argument as to why you think Kuyt was shocking there, for the craic

• Advertisement

That was the poorest performance I've seen from Kuyt.

You obviously haven't watched us play much under Benitez then.

I still can't understand why the guy is still playing right side of midfield for us. We need a winger in there as Kuyt is too limited going forward.

yeah seems the virus has spread. everyone's infected.

I thought he did well tbh and allowed Johnson to attack a bit more freely, the right side was out best attacking outlet once we figured out that hammering down the middle wasn't working imo

Torres did set up two goals. Totally agree with the rest. Johnson is really annoying me, getting a lot worse. Poulsen is a waste as well. Doesn't seem to win much in the 50/50s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Super resposnse, I'm quite literally...blown away.

Give an actual argument as to why you think Kuyt was shocking there, for the craic

Kuyt saw so much of the ball, he created one half chance for Torres. He was useless. Absolutely useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Says multitudes when Ngog is you hope from the bench. No offence to the young lad he may make an excellent player one day but he is nowhere near that level yet.

didn't chelsea bring on sturridge today to try and get something from the game

• Advertisement

Probably he sees what is happening to Babel and doesn't want to end up like him :D

Kuyt saw so much of the ball, he created one half chance for Torres. He was useless. Absolutely useless.

and scored?

Johnsons hasn't got any worse, he has always been highly suspect defensively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

In fairness N'Gog is a decent striker and probably deserves criticism less than any other Liverpool player this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

and scored a goal of course.

his first game back from injury, yet people picking on him again.

he'll probably get 10 assists & 10 goals this season & people will still say he is not good enough, very strange.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement