Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Vs. Sunderland Setanta Sports 1 3.00pm 25/09/10

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Kuyt saw so much of the ball, he created one half chance for Torres. He was useless. Absolutely useless.

The guys just back from injury - he can be cut some slack the same way Torres has since the start of the season.

I thought Joe Cole was our worst performer barring the last 5mins or so, he offered nothing in the final third.

I thought Skrtel had a solid game, everyone else was meh but I really don't think Kuyt should be getting a doing for todays performance - I've been his biggest critic in the past but I think today he wasn't the worst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

rossie1977 wrote: »
    didn't chelsea bring on sturridge today to try and get something from the game

And some guy who looked like he was 15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

PaulieC wrote: »
    Super resposnse, I'm quite literally...blown away.

Give an actual argument as to why you think Kuyt was shocking there, for the craic
    As a player, Kuyt is useless, that is all. Defend the donkey all you like, he sums up the overall strength/weakness of the team hence why Liverpool will place mid table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Why didn't Skrtel have to go off after receiving treatment?

Atwell is nothing but incompetent.

afaik, you dont have to go off if its a head injury

flahavaj wrote: »
    In fairness N'Gog is a decent striker and probably deserves criticism less than any other Liverpool player this season.

****ing a. I find it hard to believe that people are on his back considering the dross around the park.

Said it before and I'll say it again; best player at the club at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Great protest by the looks of things.

I'm even less happy with Roy than I was on Wednesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

In fairness N'Gog is a decent striker and probably deserves criticism less than any other Liverpool player this season.

I didn't criticise Ngog. I am critical of the lack of quality in the squad that so much pressure/expectation is placed on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Esse85 wrote: »
    As a player, Kuyt is useless, that is all. Defend the donkey all you like, he sums up the overall strength/weakness of the team hence why Liverpool will place mid table.

If they are so ****e, why didnt they finish mid table the last few years

****ing a. I find it hard to believe that people are on his back considering the dross around the park.

Said it before and I'll say it again; best player at the club at the moment.
    And thats why the club is 15th ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

The Muppet wrote: »
    I didn't criticise Ngog. I am critical of the lack of quality in the squad that so much pressure is placed on him.

True dat. No one could argue after Wednesday that there is a any great depth or quality in the Liverpool squad outside the first 11.

I wouldn't worry too much about N'Gog though, he seems to be thriving on the pressure, 7 goals in 8 games or something. He looks more than up to the task so far.

• Advertisement

Champion effort yet again - however I was looking for specifics as to why you're describing his general play as "useless"

I'm defending him because he's an asset to the club - check his stats for the past few seasons for a striker playing out of position he's doing fairly well for us. He's not the most natural RW but far from useless

And if you're going to respond to this please put some relevent argument forward instead of yet another baseless statement

And thats why the club is 15th ;)

I see what you did there.

niallo27 wrote: »

Because they are a different team. Some good players have moved on to be replaced by poorer quality players.

Because they had better players and a better manager

funny-pictures-red-shoes-cat-stupid.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Same old story, we can't keep the ball. We can't pass the ball. The first touch of some players is abysmal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I still can't for the life of me understand why when Poulsen was on the field Gerrard played as the deep lying midfielder and Meireles played close to Torres. It was the same in the last game and I didn't understand it then. Is it that Roy's trying to accommodate Gerrard in the centre cause if that's the case its insanity! Am I missing something ?

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

of all the players, i can't believe people are talking about N'Gog and Kuyt.

N'Gog, it's true, is indicative of our lack of depth, given the fact he's been 1st choice back up for pretty much 18 months now.

we don't need to have the Kuyt argument. suffice to say, he is quality. maybe he's just like Guinness...an acquired taste. ;)

the problem was mainly the lack of urgency fromt he start. we seemed content to sit back and see what Sunderland were at, rather than impose ourselves on things. Roy = passive; therefore i'm starting to think team = passive.

the second problem; Poulsen.

i'm sorry to say; i just really don't think he's going to be good enough. the minute he came on, and Gerrard came back, the urgency upped a level or 3.

Champion effort yet again - however I was looking for specifics as to why you're describing his general play as "useless"

I'm defending him because he's an asset to the club - check his stats for the past few seasons for a striker playing out of position he's doing fairly well for us. He's not the most natural RW but far from useless

And if you're going to respond to this please put some relevent argument forward instead of yet another baseless statement
    If you fail to see why he's useless then take your blinkers off, slap some sense into yourself and get some fresh air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Roys interview now on SSN .. I'm
    Sorry but he looks out of his dept .

As for the result , again ..

Good result if it was Fulham .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

**** off Hodgson. Inept, out of his depth and happy with a point at home to Sunderland. Jesus, even Kenny would have been a better choice.

Because they had better players and a better manager

Its more or less the same players now that were there a few years ago, only difference is the manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

"There are no easy home wins in the Premier League, you have to fight for everything. The way we came back from 2-1 down was very commendable and towards the end of the game we were creating a lot of chances. We deserved our point."

Roy, get lost.

please put some relevent argument forward instead of yet another baseless statement
    If you fail to see why he's useless then take your blinkers off, slap some sense into yourself and get some fresh air.

lolz - bless you're little cotton socks, get back to me when you're willing to back up a point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

kuyt is fine, he has over 50 goals and has had a hand in some 30 assists, has played in a world cup final, has scored in a european cup final

SlickRic wrote: »
    of all the players, i can't believe people are talking about N'Gog and Kuyt.

we don't need to have the Kuyt argument. suffice to say, he is quality. maybe he's just like Guinness...an acquired taste. ;)

Consistancy or lack of it is Kuyts problem. He can look very good by times but he can also look abysmal, giving the ball away and ruuniing around ball chasing like a kid in the playground.

I'd like to see him played on the left in the role he played for Holland, he looked better there IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Reina - 6

Johnson - 4

Koncheskey - 5

Carragher - 5

Skrtel - 7

Cole - 6

Meireles - 5

Gerrard - 5

Poulsen - 4

Kuyt - 4

Torres - 5

Agger - 5

Ngog - 6

I'd like to see him played on the left in the role he played for Holland, he looked better there IMO.

+1

the second problem; Poulsen.

i'm sorry to say; i just really don't think he's going to be good enough. the minute he came on, and Gerrard came back, the urgency upped a level or 3.

Urgency shouldn't be dictated by one player though, I don't see why we couldn't have stepped up the tempo with Poulsen still on the pitch. It's the tactics, plain and simple. I'm really starting to doubt Roy which is unfortunate because I've given him every chance to date.

Its more or less the same players now that were there a few years ago, only difference is the manager

Are you serious?

steve bruce is a lying git

What did he say now...I hate him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭5ForKeeps

"There are no easy home wins in the Premier League, you have to fight
    for everything. The way we came back from 2-1 down was very
    commendable and towards the end of the game we were creating a lot of
    chances. We deserved our point." - Roy Hodgson, LFC Manager 25th September 2010 -

**** off you are out of your depth son. Shankly would be turning in his grave at that statement. We were utter rubbish.

Are you serious?

masch is gone alonso is gone, the back 5 is the same more or less, gerrard and torres and kuyt and lucas, ya i am serious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

What did he say now...I hate him

that turner was 25 yards away from where the foul took place, it unsporting behavior from torres, and it was a disgrace of a decision.

maybe he should take some of his own advice:

masch is gone alonso is gone, the back 5 is the same more or less, gerrard and torres and kuyt and lucas, ya i am serious

what about Hypia, Keane, Benayoun, Riera ? They would all improve your squad imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,732 ✭✭✭Cartman78

That was the worst home display i've seen in 25 years following Liverpool.

The 'big name' players (Cole, Gerrard, Torres) were utterly anonymous and showed no leadership. Johnson is a liability - everyone knows he can't defend but now he can't attack either. Even Reina looked shaky today - if I was a Sunderland fan I'd be gutted at dropping 2 points against a shambles of a team like that.

Can't see where we're going from here. Yes - the takeover/finance issue is a distraction but can't excuse crap like that on the pitch

I knew he'd come out and say something like that - he's got a short memory, I thought Elephant-man never forgets! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

I wouldn't like to see you when you're not serious, utter Shíte is all you're talking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

that turner was 25 yards away from where the foul took place, it unsporting behavior from torres, and it was a disgrace of a decision.

maybe he should take some of his own advice:

He is a joke. Used to quite like him as a manager but his bitterness levels have risen quite considerably in the last couple of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Cartman78 wrote: »

The 'big name' players (Cole, Gerrard, Torres) were utterly anonymous and showed no leadership. Johnson is a liability - everyone knows he can't defend but now he can't attack either. Even Reina looked shaky today - if I was a Sunderland fan I'd be gutted at dropping 2 points against a shambles of a team like that.

Can't see where we're going from here. Yes - the takeover/finance issue is a distraction but can't excuse crap like that on the pitch

Excellent post. In the words of Jack Charlton, "I couldna put it better meself"

Yes - the takeover/finance issue is a distraction but can't excuse crap like that on the pitch

100% agree with this, the buck stops with the players, simple as. For too long they've been using the off field issues as an excuse.

• Advertisement

what about Hypia, Keane, Benayoun, Riera ? They would all improve your squad imo.

they werent first time players, our first team hasnt changed that much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Reina - 6

Johnson - 4

Koncheskey - 5

Carragher - 5

Skrtel - 7

Cole - 6

Meireles - 5

Gerrard - 5

Poulsen - 4

Kuyt - 4

Torres - 5

Agger - 5

Ngog - 6

I think I might be a bit kinder to Koncheskey and give him a 6 for the time he was on the pitch. He had no major cock up and was not on for long enough to look as bad as the rest of the defence did.

Cole I would knock down to a 5 tbh. He seems to have brought his regular Chelsea form to Liverpool.

The rest I would pretty much agree with, although Meireles did show some nice touches and worked hard in all of the three positions he ended up in during the course of the game.

Benayoun, Arbeloa, Mascherano, Alonso all gone in two years. Few squads could handle losing that much quality. You could argue Johnsen is a step up on Arbeloa (not hugely IMHO), but Joe Cole has it all to prove as a replacement for Yossi, Poulsen isn't fit to clean Mascherano's boots and neither Aquilani or Meireles are like for like replacements for Alonso.

If you think the quality of Liverpool's squad isn't being eroded bit by bit in every transfer window that passes you're seriously deluded tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

5ForKeeps wrote: »
    We deserved our point." - Roy Hodgson, LFC Manager 25th September 2010 -

it says everything.

they werent first time players, our first team hasnt changed that much
    `

Ah right Ted.

Gerrard was savage after the goal in all fairness (and i'm no fan of his) and Torres made both goals.

Benayoun, Arbeloa, Mascherano, Alonso all gone in two years. Few squads could handle losing that much quality. You could argue Johnsen is a step up on Arbeloa (not hugely IMHO), but Joe Cole has it all to prove as a replacement for Yossi, Poulsen isn't fit to clean Mascherano's boots and neither Aquilani or Meireles are like for like replacements for Alonso.

If you think the quality of Liverpool's squad isn't being eroded bit by bit in every transfer window that passes you're seriously deluded tbh.

Im not saying the squad hasnt gotten worse, ****en hell, i have being the hardest on board on transfers out of anyone here, we have lost a few players, i know that, but not enough to justify going from 2nd to whereever we will finish up

it says everything.

it's only a white lie, i doubt he believes that himself. had he anything to say about your first goal.;)

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I wouldn't like to see you when you're not serious, utter Shíte is all you're talking.

Honestly your freaking me out a bit, thats 62 posts from me now you have quoted in the last 2 weeks, i need a bit of space

• Advertisement

Im not saying the squad hasnt gotten worse, ****en hell, i have being the hardest on board on transfers out of anyone here, we have lost a few players, i know that, but not enough to justify going from 2nd to whereever we will finish up

Have you forgotton you finished 7th last season?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement