Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless router set up

Options
  • 25-09-2010 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hey everyone, problem with setting up my wireless router. Have the power light on, wan light on but the wlan light is flashing. The laptop tells me that its connected to laptop but not to the internet :confused:

can anyone help me out ??

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I keep saying this but boardsies are not mind readers and cannot help you unless you give full details of your set up - it saves extracting essential information excruciatingly over endless posts:mad:

Is this a new wireless router?

Were you connected to the internet previously?

Who is your isp?

have you entered your sign on details?

have you checked to see if you are connected to the internet?

Etc etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

dub45 wrote: »
    I keep saying this but boardsies are not mind readers and cannot help you unless you give full details of your set up - it saves extracting essential information excruciatingly over endless posts:mad:

Is this a new wireless router?

Were you connected to the internet previously?

Who is your isp?

have you entered your sign on details?

have you checked to see if you are connected to the internet?

Etc etc?

I was gonna say this ;ast night but didnt want to sound if i was moaning:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mistyd

sorry for the lack of information, I haven't clue what is needed even..

I am set up for internet and working fine using eth cable, the router is an intellinet wireless 150n 4 port router.. it is showing up as connected from laptop to router but not to the internet.. i hit the diagnose problem and computer said to check if firewall is blocking it so turned off firewall to check and was the same..

ice broadband are my isp..

sorry for lack of info before

What's ur current set up?
    Ie... Pc connected to modem and modem to router wan?

Is the intellinet set up as a dhcp server?
    Have u ever connected wirelessly with the intellinet or was it just when you were wired direct?

hi kenny, thanks for your reply..

I have gone back to using the modem to laptop now until i figure out how to set up router.. I had the modem connected to router then connected to router to laptop to try to connect to http://192.168.2.1 to display login window and i have no internet connection at all.

the led light on modem for internet is on..

the wlan light on router is flashing but power and wan light is on..

it says on router box - supported wan connection types: dynamic IP (dhcp for cable services)

the internet has never come through using router either wirelessly or eth cable connected through router, i tried both to be sure..

sorry if i'm not making sense, thanks for your help

• Advertisement

I had the same problem with the intellinet router.

Try this:
    1.Plug directly from ur laptop into the intellinet LAN port.
    2. Log in using 192.168.2.1
    3. Use the default username & password in the instruction manual (admin,1234 or whatever)
    4. Disable dhcp server.
    5. Assuming ur modems ip is 192.168.1.1, change the ip address of the intellinet outside the modems dhcp range..ie 192.168.1.250
    6. Save changes
    7. Disconnect intellinet from ur laptop. Connect ur laptop to ur modem and connect ur modem to the intellinet LAN port (not WAN).
    8. Reboot the modem & reboot the intellinet in that order.

You should be good to go.
    This will allow you to log in to the intellinet at whatever ip you changed to while still being able to login to ur modem at 192.168.1.1 (or whatever).

Assuming everything else is ok you should have wireless Internet too.

Ps..post back how u get on;)

Ps..post back how u get on;)

hi kenny unfortunately when i put the eth cable into lan 1 port in intellinet i do not get internet signal at all.. i only have signal when i go the old route of modem-cable-laptop when the router is involved I have none..

mistyd wrote: »
    hi kenny unfortunately when i put the eth cable into lan 1 port in intellinet i do not get internet signal at all.. i only have signal when i go the old route of modem-cable-laptop when the router is involved I have none..

Did u disable the dhcp server?
    Have you wireless enabled in the intellinet?

Advertisement