Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subway

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

It tastes good?

Is that really enough?!

Does what you are eating not matter at all so long as it tastes good? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Mr.David wrote: »
    Is that really enough?!

Does what you are eating not matter at all so long as it tastes good? :confused:

No.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Subway Melt on italian herbs and cheese bread, with lettuce, red onion, jalapenos and some southwest sauce

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Is that really enough?!

Sure you could say the same about all junk food? Mc D's, BK, KFC.....

People know its mostly sh!te but its handy & tastes nice.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Most Subways have any footlong for €5 after 6 pm which is good. Miles better than your normal crap from Spar/Centra outlets, which are just rank. If not the sub of the day (6 inch) for 3 quid is grand apart from the Meatball Marinara which is pretty bad.

• Advertisement

Warper wrote: »
    Most Subways have any footlong for €5 after 6 pm which is good. Miles better than your normal crap from Spar/Centra outlets, which are just rank. If not the sub of the day (6 inch) for 3 quid is grand apart from the Meatball Marinara which is pretty bad.

I can't eat those Centra/petrol station cuisine de france rolls pumped full of cheapo deli mayo, gone off cheese or that weird whiter than white chicken gunk. I used to love them years ago. Now i see them as nasty deli-garbage for savagely hungry builders who'd eat their own boots by the time lunchtime comes round.

I have to say Subway sandwiches are very tasty. The bread is always nice & fresh & crispy. Some of the sauces are lovely as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,426 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

the_syco wrote: »
    Agreed, but like Mickie Dee's and Spar, it's usually the same layout anywhere, be it Dublin, Belfast, or Galway.

Sure, it'd be cheaper buying it in a shop, and making it yourself, but away from home, Subway is good. I know subways rules and I like their standards - I've gotten food poisoning from other places that sells subs, as other sub places tend to be sub-standard :P
    you totally missed my point. I was talking about subway in Ireland verses Subway everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Is that really enough?!

Clearly it is. No one eats junk food for any sort of health benefits!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

I find that sometimes only a Subway will do. Once or month or so I get a hankering. Would never get a footlong though. The six inch is grand, unless you're a greedy backstard :D

Totally agree on the awfulness of the Centra/Spar roll. I used to descend on one when hungover but the last was even more rank than usual. Never again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

If I only had a six inch roll I'd be disappointed :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

I find that sometimes only a Subway will do. Once or month or so I get a hankering. Would never get a footlong though. The six inch is grand, unless you're a greedy backstard :D

Totally agree on the awfulness of the Centra/Spar roll. I used to descend on one when hungover but the last was even more rank than usual. Never again.

i am that greedy backstard:)

Footlong roll or nothing. And even then i might get a packet of crisps as well.

Your probably just a wee wisp of a thing with a tiny little belly.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Footlong is the only way to go. If I'm only feeling hungry enough for a six inch, I generally just won't go, as it's worse value than a footlong (paying more than half the price for half the food)

Advertisement