Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting out to Tivoli

Options
  • 25-09-2010 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭

How do i get out to Tivoli? Is it walkable? If so, can anyone give me directions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

ya defo walkable from town , otherwise the no 8 stops in mayfield and you just walk down the hill. Is it the industrial estate or somewhere nearby you want to get to . Basically you want to cross the river by the bus station in town and follow it east all the way along the road there is a pedestrian path.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

You know the train station in town? You go straight along that road heading away from town. You will walk the whole lower road, by the river, come to a bridge (over train tracks) keep going you will see two petrol stations, that is the start of tivoli. Pass the petrol stations and you will come to silversprings hotel. If you could tell us where exactly you are looking for I could tell you more.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Cadyboo wrote: »
    You know the train station in town? You go straight along that road heading away from town. You will walk the whole lower road, by the river, come to a bridge (over train tracks) keep going you will see two petrol stations, that is the start of tivoli. Pass the petrol stations and you will come to silversprings hotel. If you could tell us where exactly you are looking for I could tell you more.:D

You directed me to the hotel. Thats where im going. Thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

It's a hell of a walk. If you're strolling it'd be at least an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

dory wrote: »

No it wouldnt!!!! Its about a mile and a half TOPS from the train station. Would take about half an hour id say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

ha ha you should walk places more often youd be surprised , my gf does that walk a few times a week its a half hour walk at a normal speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

It's an easy walk 30min's max.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

ha ha you should walk places more often youd be surprised , my gf does that walk a few times a week its a half hour walk at a normal speed.

I am shocked that is only 30 minutes of a stroll - I would have thought an hour as well - the almighty Google maps has confirmed, 31 minutes. I would not have attempted that walk in a million years, still would'nt to be honest!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

The place does seem like a million miles from town but as the above said its quite a short walk.

Advertisement