Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uniquely Irish sweets

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

http://www.catchbar.com/catch_history.htm
    Catch Bar was first produced in 1976 at the HB Chocolate factory in Tallaght, County Dublin, Ireland. Soon after its launch CATCH became 'the' best selling chocolate confectionery item in Ireland out performing all its competitors including major imported brands. The Catch Bar became synonymous with the ever popular television advertisement from 1976 featuring the jingle.....'Catch it if you can'

Thirty four years on, it remains one of the most recognisable candy bars in Ireland and The Catch Bar is now sold in more than twenty countries throughout the world.

I remember getting them as they were a bit cheaper than other bars so I could get them with pocket money and still have money for a few other things, the shop used to sell single wagon wheels too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

terlywerly wrote: »
    I remember reading or hearing somewhere that Irish Dairy Milk bars are creamier than the UK versions??

I think most (but not all) Cadbury chocolate sold in Ireland (the Republic) is made there. I think its because at one time Cadbury's bought over an Irish chocolate company. Some bars are uniquely irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I don't know if they are uniquely Irish but Emerald sweets. My dad used to bring these home after coming back from down around winter time. They always remind me of being small and they still taste divine! :) Many a baby tooth pulled out with these sticky beauties! :D

Advertisement