Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 119 Discussion **SPOILERS**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Matt Serra vs Chris lytle should be an awesome fight, cant wait for it.
    Id love to see Cro Cop kick Mir in the head a couple of times aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

This card is definately a sleeper.

Look at the Main Card, every fight has potential to be a cracker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

hopefuly serra does the business he was robbed against hughes.

i think bader could be one to watch for the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

It will be interesting to see what shape Hunt turns up in. Must be the first guy to be signed to the UFC on a five-fight losing streak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Jayo_M wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see what shape Hunt turns up in. Must be the first guy to be signed to the UFC on a five-fight losing streak.
    According to Sherdog he looked below 265 a couple weeks ago which for him is amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Here ye go lads, the countdown show!!!

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/9/21/1701595/countdown-to-ufc-119-full-video

I really hope Bader destroys lil nog. I think Nog is really over rated in the LHW division and Bader would fit in okay with the lads at the top.

Hey lads, anyone gimme advice on this accumulator on PP

Mir, Bader, Sherk & Serra

5 euro gets you 60 quid. What ye think? Sherk & Serra are the underdogs apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭7daze

sheehy83 wrote: »

5 euro gets you 60 quid. What ye think? Sherk & Serra are the underdogs apparently.

I'm looking at a Mir, Bader, Dunham and Serra accumulator. My accumulator record is 0-5 so any tips welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

On paper it looks good alright, but after betting on a few UFC events in the past I wouldn't bother bretting due to unpredictability.

by the way it think its a great card overall, not sure about Mirko being the main event though.

* Heavyweight bout: (w)Frank Mir vs. Mirko Filipović
    * Light Heavyweight bout: Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. (w)Ryan Bader
    * Welterweight bout: (w) Matt Serra vs. Chris Lytle
    * Lightweight bout: Sean Sherk vs. (w)Evan Dunhan(very hard to call)
    * Lightweight bout: Melvin Guillard vs. (W)Jeremy Stephens

* Middleweight bout: (w)C.B. Dollaway vs. Joe Doerksen
    * Heavyweight bout: (w)Matt Mitrione vs. Joey Beltran

they are my predictions but i do think it is a very very close card for all the main fights there, probarly looking forward to the Bader 'Lil Nog' fight the most.

Very hard to call fight of the night as it is such a, stand-up fighter stacked card.

can't wait

• Advertisement

* Heavyweight bout: (w)Frank Mir vs. Mirko Filipović
    * Light Heavyweight bout: Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. (w)Ryan Bader
    * Welterweight bout: (w) Matt Serra vs. Chris Lytle
    * Lightweight bout: Sean Sherk vs. (w)Evan Dunhan(very hard to call)
    * Lightweight bout: Melvin Guillard vs. (W)Jeremy Stephens

* Middleweight bout: (w)C.B. Dollaway vs. Joe Doerksen
    * Heavyweight bout: (w)Matt Mitrione vs. Joey Beltran

they are my predictions but i do think it is a very very close card for all the main fights there, probarly looking forward to the Bader 'Lil Nog' fight the most.

Very hard to call fight of the night as it is such a, stand-up fighter stacked card.

can't wait

Same as this (with the Sherk v dunham fight incrediblely hard to call) except that i have Guillard beating Stephens.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    that i have Guillard beating Stephens.
    ya very close that one too, both have never been knocked out and both have been caught on submissions on numerous occasions.

i know guillard is fighting out of jackson camp so i expect him to have the better gameplan if he could stick to it, but both are huge hitters.

could be a fight of the year on this card.

ya very close that one too, both have never been knocked out and both have been caught on submissions on numerous occasions.

i know guillard is fighting out of jackson camp so i expect him to have the better gameplan if he could stick to it, but both are huge hitters.

could be a fight of the year on this card.

Yup, Guillard has looked a new fighter under Jackson. He's always had the skills but lacked the temperament.

Now he looks disciplined and his using his skills. Really looking forward to this card!

Ya, fantastic card alright. Mir Nog 2 would def be a main event but Cro Cop was a big step down imo. Sherdog predicts Cro Cop will win. I knew there was a reason I stopped going to their site!

Cannot wait for Bader Nog, Hope Bader kicks the shiite out of nog, strange as Big Nog was Bader's coach on TUF and Big Nog's 1st pick.

I want to see 1st round finish from Mir on this. He will need if he wants to move to another title shot position. Wouldn't mind seeing Mir Carwin 2.

Sherdog predicts Cro Cop will win.
    Joke site. He was lucky barry didn't keep the pedal down and finish him off in that fight, besides that he has been a different fighter compared to Pride days.

I have Mir by sub.

Cannot wait for Bader Nog, Hope Bader kicks the shiite out of nog, strange as Big Nog was Bader's coach on TUF and Big Nog's 1st pick.
    love to see Bader win this. Thought lil nog was disrespectfully unprepared for brillz fight last time out(the fight he lost by the way). if he isin't in shape again he will be knocked out by the power of Bader
    Wouldn't mind seeing Mir Carwin
    Have to disagree with ya there i am afraid. wouldn't like to see Mir fight Him or brock again for fear of being badly knocked out again.

Have to disagree with ya there i am afraid. wouldn't like to see Mir fight Him or brock again for fear of being badly knocked out again.

Oh ya man, was awful seeing him buckle first time round but he thought he would hold carwin against the cage for a while and 'control' him. I'd say if they had a rematch, he wouldn't be so quick to get into a clinch with him! And maybe he might use that thing he's got a black belt in. Whats it again....Oh Ya......JITZ!!!

And maybe he might use that thing he's got a black belt in. Whats it again....Oh Ya......JITZ!!!

Jit-sui!

It was Invented by the brother of the guy that made the first 'Chop Suey'. very talented family :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I don't think Serra has the tools to beat Lytle, Lytle has showed recently that is ground game is severely underrated.

unknown13 wrote: »
    I don't think Serra has the tools to beat Lytle, Lytle has showed recently that is ground game is severely underrated.

Their first fight was such a close decision! I was gutted for Chris, and even more so after seeing what that one victory led to for Matt Serra.

But i look at it this way. I think perhaps Lytle might've gotten creamed by GSP and faded back off onto the undercards.

The way it worked out, Serra became World Champ and can live off that for the rest of his life. The loss made Chris Lytle into one of the most exciting fighters around. A fighter who Dana and Joe Silva have no hesitation in putting straight onto the main cards for every event in which he fights because he's guarenteed a war.

Really looking forward to this. 2 of the best "guys" in MMA going to war. Should be awesome :D

The main card is probably one of the best main cards in recent years in terms of close matchup's. All the main card fights are IMO 50-50 match ups.

• Advertisement

UFC 119 press conference, live now and has just started

EDIT: Cro Cop wearing sunglasses, most likely hiding eye injury.

UFC 119 press conference, live now and has just started

EDIT: Cro Cop wearing sunglasses, most likely hiding eye injury.

I'm worried about how bad it is. I hope it's not bad enough to mess with his performance. I've been looking forward to this card for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

I'm worried about how bad it is. I hope it's not bad enough to mess with his performance. I've been looking forward to this card for a while.

Mir is gonna school him either way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

could be a fight of the year on this card.[/QUOTE]

as long as it's fotn then ill be happy
    backed it at 7/2 though i must admit
    i was hoping for more like 9/2
    If guillard stands with stephens then surely
    it'll be one hell of a fight

Hmm this is my pick, worried about CB dollaway though?

Mir
    Lytle
    Bader
    Dunham
    Stephens

EDIT: Im taking out dollaway altogether

I am going for Sherk. Why? Please name the fighters he has lost to and then tell me what they have in common?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Here ye go lads, the countdown show!!!

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/9/21/1701595/countdown-to-ufc-119-full-video

I really hope Bader destroys lil nog. I think Nog is really over rated in the LHW division and Bader would fit in okay with the lads at the top.

Anyone got any other link to the countdown show? that link has been taken down

Come on Serra!!!!

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Anyone got any other link to the countdown show? that link has been taken down

Come on Serra!!!!

You should get it on UFC's website

I am going for Sherk. Why? Please name the fighters he has lost to and then tell me what they have in common?

I was having this exact conversation with my brother last night. The only guys he's lost to have been Champions.

With the exeption of Edgar (at the moment), the others are either current of future Hall of Famers!

However.......... Dunham is a bit of a beast! It'll be a close fight!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

The Pride fan in me wants Mirko to knock Mir out with a headkick, but realisticly I think Mir by TKO in round two. Also Bader, Serra, Sherk, Dollaway and Mitrione FTW. Got 30/1 on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭TheProdigy

Predictions are:

Mir
    Bader (I'm hoping Nogi but can't see it)
    Serra
    Dunham
    Guillard
    Dolloway
    Mitrione

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Neberkenezer

mir bader and lytle for me ,happy with 5/2.

looking foward to lytle/serra ... has the makings of a classic fight.4/1 for fight of the night is tempting.

i think mir will beat mirko easily.9/2 mir for submission of the night.

matt mitrione ko of the night 12/1 - he's got heavy heavy hands.

So much love for Bader in the thread!

Have to say, me man Mir is lookin lean as fook at 252, crazy.
    Cro cop goin down

mir, bader, serra, sherk, doerkson at pp

10 get 423 back

mmmm prob goin be miles off on this bet again lol

• Advertisement

mir, bader, serra, sherk, doerkson at pp

Here is where your bet falls down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭The Belcher

Doing accums on the UFC is utter madness in my opinion,(I used to do the same myself up until a while ago). There are two many ways for a guy to lose a fight, I find it very hard to even pick 1winner these days such is the stink run UFC wise I am on. Fair play to anybody that gets them to come in regularly though, I sure as hell could never.
    I normally wouldn't back the real short priced favourites anyway as there's no value for the risk involved at those odds.
    In saying that I'm an awful clown for backing fighters I think are overpriced(even if I'm not confident of them winning) and have done the same again for this UFC.
    I have done 2 singles.... Matt Serra at 6/5 and Sherk at 19/10
    Sherk has only lost to former champions and this includes at welterweight where he was tiny compared to the likes of Hughes etc. Dunhams reach is probably going to be the trump card though but still, Sherks price represents great value so I'll give it a lash.
    I genuinely think Serra will beat Lytle though and was delighted to see the odds for that one.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Here is where your bet falls down!

yea but at the odds i couldnt say no and you need a few outsiders to make them interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Daniel2oo9

Cant Wait! :D
    Mir has this (even thought id love cro cop to win)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

The only thing that might beat Mir is his fecking ego.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭TheProdigy

Mir
    Bader
    Serra
    Dunham *
    Guillard *
    Mitrione
    Dollaway

* Very hard to call imo

TheProdigy wrote: »
    Mir
    Bader
    Serra
    Dunham *
    Guillard *
    Mitrione
    Dollaway

* Very hard to call imo

I really dont think serra has it in the bag to beat lytle, hometown man gonna stop it early

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

I think mir vs crocop will be a more entertaining fight then mir vs nog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Rickson1

Mir by submission (choke), Dunham by decision, really really want Serra to win but I think Lytle will take it, Bader by boring decision (hammer-fist from guard fight).

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭MonkeyBalls

Some predictions:

Mir will knock Crocop down with strikes in round 2 and leap on him to get a gullotine submission win

Bader will win a decision against lil nog

Dunham by outstriking Sherk for all 3 rounds,

Lytle decision over serra,

Beltran will tko Mitrione, round 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Getting really excited about this now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

along with fotn stephens/guillard i did

trebles stephens bader mitrione

serra sherk bader

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

My weekend MMA accumulator (a bit of a mad one)

Watson (already in the bag thank christ)
    Serra (not looking good in comparison to other people's bets)
    Mir
    Lil Nog (same)
    Sherk
    Stephens

Hunt loses by Armbar after just over a minute.

TJ Grant wins by UD (30-27 on all 3 cards)

• Advertisement
Advertisement