Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 119 Discussion **SPOILERS**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Waylon Lowe wins by SD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭TheProdigy

Joey Beltran is more of a gamer than I thought, didn't think he would go the distance not too mind take a round, interesting to see who Mitrione gets, maybe Roy Nelson when he is fit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Super submission by Dolloway. Held onto it for ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Yeah prelims were good, looking forward to the main card now.

Really hope Mir gets his ass handed to him, something about that guy rubs me up the wrong way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Very impressive by Dolloway - pity, I would have liked to see the fight go a little longer.

...just caught the replay of the Hunt fight. Ouch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭TheProdigy

I enjoyed that, fascinating scrambling for a minute there and Dollaway did well to hold that choke. Gonna be a cracking card

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Sopcast down anyone have a stream?

**pretty please**

edit: got one
    http://www.veemi.com/watch?v=mmatv13[/url

****, gone down. any other?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Watching this on sky player on my iphone, even though I don't have ESPN, happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

go on stephens

Giullard looks too fast for Stephens. should've used more leg kicks early to try to slow him down. scrappy fight so far - definately no FOTN contender.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

ahh horse****

Not sure about that decision.

thought the decision was about right. don't like that "in and out" frankie edgar-type style though - boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

that cut is sickening

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

This is a blood fest :eek:

sherk's round. looks like a bad cut on Dunham. Can't see this going the distance.

All to play for in the last round, tide is turning a bit.

if dunham can keep this standing he has a great shot

Great submission defense from Sherk

• Advertisement

Dunham won that fight in the last 2 minutes, there goes my accumulator :(

guess not :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Great fight from both guys. Thought Dunham wouldn't make it past the second round, but I would give him the win.

great end to the fight. would like to see dunham get the decision, credit to sherk for absorbing all that.

Crowd are gay.

Dunham robbed.

Jesus I hate this crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

How the hell did Sherk win that? he was a punching bag for the last two rounds.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

The crowd are really annoying

ShaneU wrote: »
    How the hell did Sherk win that? he was a punching bag for the last two rounds.
    His sub-defence was insane. That's the only way I can see the judges giving him the win. I agree though, Dunham should have had his hand raised.

not sure why they're booing? good fight, seemed close and the decision was tight. not a big fan of sherk's style though - don't think you should get points for leaning on or taking down an opponent only for them to get straight back up.

• Advertisement

Come on Serra!!!!

edit:What a tune!

Round 1 level enough,maybe to chris with the late flurry at the end

Lytle is tearing Serra apart in the stand up, for Serra to win this has to go to the ground imo.

Serra has taken some shots!!!!

How serra survived that round I dunno.....

Lytle really poured it on in the 2nd. Both seem to have slowed here though

Well done Lytle,poor gameplan from serra though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Thought dunham deffo had rnds 2 and 3! Bader and mir all the way

Herb Dean never gave his salute to the camera.

• Advertisement

Crikey, shíte first round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭bennyob

****e 2nd too

Knockout gave the fight some talking point at least, poor main event though.

I had it 29-28 Sherk. Dunham was definitely not robbed, in the Second round. After Sherk controlled him against the cage for 3 minutes. Dunham unloaded but Sherk was nearly matching him with the same amount of strikes, so Round 2 was given to Sherk because he controlled Dunham against the cage for 3 minutes. Round 1 was no doubt Sherks and Round 3 was no doubt Dunham's

I must say I didn't enjoy that event last night at all. And the suprising lack of reported posts this morning shows it wasn't amping you guys up either! :pac:

I thought Bader winning 30-27 was a farce. Nog was owning the stand up and not a whole lot went down on the mat bar those 3 elbows in a row that Bader landed. Takedowns are judged far far too strongly in the UFC. They seem to award huge points for 1 takedown but not a whole lot for stuffing 10 shots.....

Serra vs Lytle.... I still fail to understand how world class jiu jitsu guys are so reluctant to attempt to take a fight to the ground and use it. I know Lytle is very good on the ground too but FFS Serra was getting owned on the feet and didn't try to change it.

The main event was 14 minutes of my life that I'll never get back.

Wait and see 120 will get the bashed by the fans and then turn out to be one of the best events of the year. 121 will get all the hype since it is a week later aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Spot on Neil. If I never have to see Sean Sherk fight ever again I'll be a happy man. Glad I sky+ed it and watched it this morning. Found myself fast forwarding through a few of the fights. Watchin CroCop these days is heart breaking. He tried one high kick with his right foot and no more. Just thow it Mirko, what's the worst that can happen, you were losing the fight anyway. The Bader lil Nog decision pissed me off no end. I'm beginning to detest Greg Jackson at this stage too..ugghh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

Poor card overall, only fight i really enjoyed was serra - lytle, pure slugfest.

Main event was poor, but mabye I was expecting too much. Always was waiting for Cro Crop to unleash, or at least have a good go, even wanted mir to score a few take downs just to mix things up, even if it would have resulted in a quick submission. Cro Crop looked lethargic throughout, yet Mir could not take him down. No way Mir, even coming off the win, looks close to being a contender again. Would fancy any of the top UFC heavyweights to easily beat him (again), would quite fancy even big Nog to avenge his defeat should the two face up. Cro Crop has descended into journeyman status in my book, he can merely act as a gatekeeper to showcase for up-and coming heavyweights but no longer relevant with the big dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Poor card....

Had a €5 @ 30/1 on no fights being finished by KO/TKO...... damm Mir and his knee in the last minute!

S.

Why didn't Mir get KO of the Night? Was the fight that bad?

Why didn't Mir get KO of the Night? Was the fight that bad?

Why didn't Lytle / Serra get rewarded for their fight. It was better than Sherk and Dunham

• Advertisement
Advertisement