Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Log Tables for 2011

• 25-09-2010 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭

The LC 2010 was the final year in the LC where constants such as in physics, Newton's Universal Gravitation Constant appeared on the paper, or in chemistry, Avogadro's Constant, etc.

I'm wondering though, since these are no longer appearing on the papers, what about certain values that are not in the tables (are they in the tables?), like the radius of the Earth for example (when doing gravitation questions in physics) or molar volumes in chemistry (22.4L or 24L), where will they be given on the paper? Or are they in the tables?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

In phys-chem they didn't give us Newtons Gravitational Constant (can't speak for physics) so I presume its the Log tables will be the same for LC 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭whistlin_boy

Page 49 of the log tables has Avogadro's constant (6.0221415 x 10^23 mol^-1) and gravitational constant (6.6742 x 10^-11 m^3 kg^-1 s^-2) hope that helps!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ummtea

I can't see why they won't put the constants on anymore. They've always given us the masses of the elements we'll be using on the chemistry paper even though the old log tables had the elements in them anyway.

Didn't they leave out some of the constants on the mechanics Q in this year's physics paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

ummtea wrote: »
    I can't see why they won't put the constants on anymore. They've always given us the masses of the elements we'll be using on the chemistry paper even though the old log tables had the elements in them anyway.

Didn't they leave out some of the constants on the mechanics Q in this year's physics paper?
    Don't get it either tbh, it's just making it confusing and more of a pain in the ass. Maybe they're worried giving the constants is giving away too much hints or something...

Advertisement