Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorway maintanance - lack of

Options
  • 25-09-2010 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Motorway Maintenance

Just back in Ireland after 4 months. Drove the M1 yesterday from the airport to Junction 10, just north of Drogheda. I was shocked at the state of the road. A jungle was growing in the central median and litter was strewn all over the left bank, mostly drinks bottles and paper coffee cups. Nicest thing of all was the black refuse bags dumped in the layby, barrier gone, obviously someone collided with it.

Added to all of this were mangled road signs and faulty 'street' lights.

Does anyone maintain this road? Obviously not Fingal county council.
    Cutbacks or not, it's not that expensive to pick litter up and cut grass.

The bizarre and shocking observation was as soon as I joined the privately operated CRG stretch at the Meath border, absolutely nothing changed, apart from shorter grass. Same litter strewn all over the left bank and what appeared to be the plastic bumper of a carvan, sitting in lane 1 for cars to swerve and avoid. All yours for the E1.90 toll. Easy money!! Doesn't go on maintaining the road.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,535 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If you see problems on the CRG stretch, phone them and they'll be dealt with. In theory the same applies for the council, in practice... not.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭JayeL

I was going to start a thread like this about the M2 but I was surprised to see the grass verges cut and tidied as well as the median barrier. Better late than never, maybe the M1 is up next?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭marmurr1916

If people see this type of thing, they should complain to the NRA, the local authority and the toll operator.

It's pointless complaining here - we don't look after the roads.

Advertisement