Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vivid Disturbing Dream - Interpretations?

Options
  • 25-09-2010 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Hello :) I've dreamt almost every night for as long as I can remember, and they're always usually very strange, but sometimes I have one that leaves me shaken for the whole of the next day, and last nights was one of those. I was just wondering if anyone into interpretation could shed some light on this, because it genuinely gave me the creeps. Bear with me, it's long :)

I was with my OH, my son, my sister, and all our neighbours and residents of the local village at a big farm co-op place. People were trying to stock up on produce before some big event, there was a horrible sense of foreboding. As I tried to go in, my OH stopped me, saying it was too dangerous, and that there was someone in there gone mad. I peeked in, and a small, skinny man with a skinhead was throwing bottles and boxes around, scaring everyone, and telling everyone to "watch your families, watch your kids, there's trouble coming." We were all ushered out into a big community-centre type place, and it was very crowded. I was suddenly on my own, and tried to find a place to sit. I saw a lady sitting on her own, and sat beside her - she told me she was Emily Pankhurst. (?!?) I was sitting chatting to Emily when the skinhead from earlier suddenly appeared at the door, aimed a gun, and fired. As people ran to jump him, I felt the bullet enter my neck, and exit out the back of my ear. Everyone started screaming, but it seemed that they didn't know who got shot - I was sitting there, holding my neck, blood gushing, thinking "okay, I've been shot. But I'm alive, I'm okay. I need to find my OH and son." Then I started shouting "Get an ambulance, someone please get an ambulance" but they were all more interested in trying to wrestle the gunman to the ground than helping me. I slid to the ground, still holding my neck, thinking "this is it, this is my death." I woke up clutching my neck. Horrible :(

The last time I had a dream like that was about 2 years ago and it was a prophetic one - I dreamt about a man I know breaking our windows, and threatening us - a few weeks later, I woke up to find the car windows smashed outside, and guess who was arrested for it - the man from the dream. I know this sounds ridiculous, but it's like I'm afraid that this was some kind of warning, I can't stop thinking about it! Major, major apologies about the length of this post, just wanted to tell as much as possible. Thanks for reading x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭MadPatrick

I wouldn't worry about it being a warning, that kind of thing doesn't happen in real life.

Dying in dreams usually means change

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

It was pictorial images of nerves firing randomly in your brain. There may have been a logic to it, as in you were unconsciously holding your neck, so your brain interpreted this as an image of you holding your neck, and linked this with a common reason why people grasp their necks, ie. to stop blood. Nothing paranormal or predictive going on.

Advertisement