Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus to Mervue??

Options
  • 25-09-2010 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm living in Newcastle but have to be in Mervue before half 8 each morning, does anyone know of a bus that I can get besides the No.8 from Eyre Square? Not living here long so still finding my bearings. :) Also, it says on that bus timetable that the 7.40 leaves from the Castlepark stop, could someone point me in that direction too?!

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Is it Mervue industrial estate that you're going to?

The #3 goes up Tuam Rd and there are entrances to the estate there.
    The Wellpark area map gives you and idea of where things are. (And looking at it now, I've realised it could do with some prettying up ... may have been done by the time you get to it!)

That 7:40am #3 Castlepark bus stops outside BoI at the eastern side of Eyre Square - it comes through from somewhere else, I'm not sure where, but if you're lucky it's Newcastle. And it would get you there heaps early (say by 8am). The bus may be labelled Ballybrit sometimes ... not sure if it says Castlepark on the signs or not. But the #3 has been on it every time I've caught it.

If there's another #3 at 8am (I think there is) it would do too, but less lee-way for being late.

If you mean elsewhere in Mervue, you might like to look at the #9 to Dublin Rd and walk from there, or even the #5 which goes up Michael Collins Rd, and is actually close to the back of Mervue too.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭JGEP

It's the Industrial Estate I'm going to alright! Thanks a million, I didn't even think to check the No.3 bus, I'd say that suits me perfectly :) So all the bus's that start at Castlepark will go past BOI? Just out of interest, where is the Castlepark stop? I may get lucky, it might be near me!

Again, thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

JGEP wrote: »
    So all the bus's that start at Castlepark will go past BOI? Just out of interest, where is the Castlepark stop? I may get lucky, it might be near me!

Again, thanks :D

Hang on there, I think we've got our Castle's mixed up!

Castlepark is a suburb/area out near Ballybane, on the very opposite side of the city that's you're in. The #3 bus goes to it - most of them go there after visiting Ballybrit, but the 7:40am skips Ballybrit and goes straight from Eyre Square to Castlepark.

Castlelawn is a suburb/area/estate near Terryland. The #7 bus goes past it.

Newcastle is where you live now. Hmm ... is there an estate out that way called Castle-something-else, have a feeling there might be. Maybe someone else who knows the near-west better than me can clarify a bit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

How do you get from newcastle to eyre square?

Get a bicycle OP. It's probably quicker and definitely cheaper in the long run.

Advertisement