Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco finest sausages.

Options
  • 25-09-2010 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Hello ,sorry if this is a silly question.
    I've got packets of the large tesco finest sausages and I'm not sure if the skins should be taken off them.

The directions on the pack suggest taking all the packaging off :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

No, the packaging only relates to the packet that they are in. You cook them in their skins, just like any other sausages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Thanks sarahlulu:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Tescos sausages are rank! Superquinn or ruuds for the ftw!!

I never buy meat in tesco ,but these finest range sausages are marvellous.

054387.jpg?ts=633238288660

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

Kearns all the way

• Advertisement

Lads ,seriously ,these things are in a different league.

Kearns and superquinn are grand ,but the tesco yokes are aound 80% pork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Really good product, I like the apple flavour one myself.

Funnily there are about only 4-5 places in Ireland that make sausages on any large scale thats why you can have various different brands coming from the same factory with recipe variations. Alot of the regional local brands are made that way. They just handle the distribution now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Havnt tried those particular ones in fairness. Any other ones I have tried from tescos have been sh*te though. Anybody tried Roys sausages at the IFSC or the Dun laoghaire market? Quality stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

yoshytoshy wrote: »

Do you know their exact pork content? Don't really like to buy meat from Tesco but these sound all right, any other good flavours they do?

Just had some from Dun Laoghaire Market, made by Una O'Dwyer, 67% pork, got the sundried tomato and basil, quite nice.

I have a pack in the freezer ,
    Irish pork sausages with garlic and basil.
    Pork content is 67%

Pack I used yesterday was Irish pork ,corizo style
    Pork content is 76%

I got the 80% from the web ,on a review of the uk version of a paticular type, sorry for the misinformation there.:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

m&s do 97% ones, been meaning to get them and their venison sausage.

They sound good ,I've never shopped in M&S for food. Is the range the same in all their branches ? ,I might try the one in blanchardstown.

The tesco sausages are usually two packs for five euro. I think it's great value for what you get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

97%!! Whats the point really? Why not just buy a pork chop and roll it up into a sausage shape. I find that sauasage with high meat content are too meaty and don't bind well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

The directions on the pack suggest taking all the packaging off :confused:

yoshytoshy as you said yourself the pack suggests to take off all the packaging, not actual parts of the sausages.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

They have some pretty decent "Deluxe" 80% pork ones in Lidl as well.

Spadina wrote: »
    yoshytoshy as you said yourself the pack suggests to take off all the packaging, not actual parts of the sausages.

I wasn't sure after cooking the corizo ones yesterday ,they seemed a little thicker. I baked them in the oven though and probably had it up too high.
    But when I posted yesterday ,I just wasn't sure after reading the packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I like the mallons ones and the rudds both have 80% content

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭crow_eat_crow

As a matter of principle, I never shop in Tesco. My OH does, but she knows I disapprove. I will go out of my way, and spend the extra, but I myself will never darken their doors. I know they're convenient, and they might be cheaper than some other places, and I know some, probably most people have no problem with them. But not me. I detest them. So give me any other sausages.

I always need to let off a bit of steam when I hear the name. Sorry.

As a matter of principle, I never shop in Tesco.

I always need to let off a bit of steam when I hear the name. Sorry.

I hate their meats myself ,but these sausages were mentioned by someone on boards before so I tried them out.

Give me a fillet steak cut freshly in a butchers ,any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,595 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Corsendonk wrote: »
    97%!! Whats the point really? Why not just buy a pork chop and roll it up into a sausage shape. I find that sauasage with high meat content are too meaty and don't bind well.

Agreed! There has to be a balance of filler to make them light and edible. I think the 2 for €5 sausages in /tesco are very good, and I like almost all the Tesco finest ranges, have to admit though, Superquin do the best sausages. Tesco finest white pudding is also excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

They sound good ,I've never shopped in M&S for food. Is the range the same in all their branches ? ,I might try the one in blanchardstown.

The tesco sausages are usually two packs for five euro. I think it's great value for what you get.

Well the galway branch is only an express or food court or whatever title they use, so I imagine most branches have them.
    Corsendonk wrote: »

Why not cut out a meat circle from a steak instead of using mince for a burger? there's more reasons for having a sausage than just being able to stick a load of ligaments in a small intestine and still eat it.
    Personally hate sausages with lower than 80% meat content now, they just taste like bread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

foodaholic wrote: »
    I like the mallons ones and the rudds both have 80% content
    Mallons were two euro in centra there,might still be. I love them. I think the nicest are the Chicken Sausages,anyone ever have them? Can't remember the brand,but come in a white packet to the best of my knowledge,haven't had them in a while.

Advertisement