Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - I hate you!

Options
  • 25-09-2010 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

This is a bit pointless but I need to rant somewhere!

I tried to get UPC a few months ago but they were unable to locate my address and they told me that as a result, they couldn't provide services.

I got a letter off them yesterday and initially was just annoyed that they had decided to provides services after I'd already got myself locked in 12 month contracts with Sky and Eircom.

Then I just happened to notice the address on the letter, which wasn't actually my address but similar to it - River Lane instead of Riverview. Had a quick look on their website and lo and behold, all services are available at that address!

The address definitely refers to this estate as it's a "sub-estate" of St. Colmcille's Court which is also part of the address on the letter! So it appears that they just can't manage to get addresses right which means that I can't get their broadband and it appears to be the reason why no one else could get UPC in the past when they applied!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Their website is horribly inaccurate. If they can't get that right, and keep it updated, I'm not surprised they can't read a map either.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jonny_b1

I think they work like how the ESB do it. I remember ringing ESB to close an account and they couldn't fine my address on the system. Afte a bit the operator clicked that it maybe under a sort of "super" estate name which covered all the mini ones like blaa blaa lawns,blaa blaa gardens and blaa blaa court etc. At least that's my theory :-)

I'm sickens too as I can't get UPC at my new address. I really miss their broadband.

As for sky..... Freesat all the way for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Very common problem with UPC. This character could fix it but their call centre rely entirely on the database maintained by the engineers and teh call centre cannot fix these problems...not that they care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭BOZG

jonny_b1 wrote: »
    I think they work like how the ESB do it. I remember ringing ESB to close an account and they couldn't fine my address on the system. Afte a bit the operator clicked that it maybe under a sort of "super" estate name which covered all the mini ones like blaa blaa lawns,blaa blaa gardens and blaa blaa court etc. At least that's my theory :-)

I'm sickens too as I can't get UPC at my new address. I really miss their broadband.

As for sky..... Freesat all the way for me.

And to make matters ****ing worse, I just decided to check Saint Colmcille's Court and guess what shows up, my address! Except instead of 2 Riverview Apartments, they have Apt 2 River View.

:(

Oddly enough, they only do TV at Apt 2, but do everything at 2 River Lane. There's definitely no River Lane in the area so it can't refer to somewhere else, particular as it's a sub-address of Saint Colmcille's Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jonny_b1

I read somewhere that someone saw UPC techs installing fiber in their street. Got a leaflet in the door a week later saying they could get it,rang up,installer came out only to find the fiber was only installed on one side if the street. !! Hahahaha. They had to get the contractor back out to finish the installation.

Still though I would rate UPC far above any other multiservice provider in Ireland.

• Advertisement
Advertisement