Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New photo app

• 25-09-2010 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭

I'm looking for a few people to try out a new photo effects web application before it launches.

What it does, is find areas of high local contrast, such as specular highlights, and uses that information to apply effects.

A photo might be a better way of explaining! -

front-banner6-orig.jpg

front-banner6.jpg

The reflective parts of the water are detected as highlights, and the effect (in this case sparkles) is merged in.

Here's another one using a star shape effect on the liffey near Heuston station -

liffey-stars.jpg

Please PM me if you are interested in having a go & I'll send you the link.
    All boards users replying will get a free premium account, just signup on the site and I will activate it.

Thanks for your time!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

Id love to try this out and give feedback for you too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭Moonstar

Thanks to all who replied, still looking for one or two more before tomorrow - send me a PM if interested.

Also would welcome feedback from anyone who tried it already.

Some changes were made - a new glow effect option improves the blending, and "luminous effect" option applies an Orton style contrast and softness filter.

Updated image below using these two:

liffey-new.jpg

Wouldn't mind giving it a shot, myself. Looks interesting. I like the after effect on the first shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭Moonstar

Thanks for the replies, PMs sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

Hit me up, ill try it out and offer suggestions. I am always on the look out for a decent iphone photo app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

Yeah I'll have a go too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

If you need any more I'll give it a swing, have a few images in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭couscous007

I'll give it a go for you.

Let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Don't know how I missed this- I wouldn't mind trying it out too if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

If you're still looking for testers I'll give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Alfred123

me too , please

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭trican

I'd like to try it as well

Advertisement