Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rural ireland

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

discus wrote: »
    ....up the arse

do they not like the animal Gee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

johnn wrote: »
    do they not like the animal Gee?

Only on their birthday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

storm2811 wrote: »
    Have you ever been to a farm or are you just getting this idea from PETA videos?

yes and no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Must admit, it is annoying to have to pay up to 25 quid for a taxi home on a night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Absurdum wrote: »
    yes and no

Then what are the "shite conditions" you're talking about?:confused:

The cows are sent out to graze in the summer, then kept in at winter usually in well kept sheds with plenty of food and water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

The cows are sent out to graze in the summer, then kept in at winter usually in well lit bedrooms with plenty of lube and Marvin Gaye.

FYP. :P

lub

Then what are the "shite conditions" you're talking about?:confused:

The cows are sent out to graze in the summer, then kept in at winter usually in well kept sheds with plenty of food and water.

ok

johnn wrote: »
    lub
    spelling fail and edited. :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Living rural myself at the moment, nothing like it, no roudy neighbours, no fights outside the door, peace quiet and tranquility.

I was talking about cows but whatever.
    I'm not saying it doesn't happen but I've never seen pigs kept in those conditions unless it was a battery farm or that.

The livestock are usually treated greatly here, even on bigger farms.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen but I've never seen pigs kept in those conditions unless it was a battery farm or that.

so it doesn't happen except when it does? ok

The livestock are usually treated greatly here, like catholic schoolboys in the 1950's.

You make pigs smoke. You feed beef burgers to swans. You have big sheds, but nobody's allowed in. And in these sheds you have 20ft high chickens, and these chickens are scared because they don't know why they're so big, and they're going, "Oh why am I so massive?" and they're looking down at all the little chickens and they think they're in an aeroplane because all the other chickens are so small. Do you deny that? No, I think his silence speaks volumes.

so it doesn't happen except when it does? ok

No, you were assuming or saying, that in the country we treat our animals like crap when it's not true.
    You're talking about the conditions of battery farms, not normal farms.
    ...*beastiality joke*

:)

• Advertisement

Where does Colonel Sanders get his headless chickens to make KFC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

OP if by rural you mean like a 'one -horse' town or remote like Connemara? Nobody likes one horse towns, but in Connemara you always have the sheep :0

Much easier to buy a car than it is to change where you live:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Denzil2222 wrote: »
    It must be so horrible to live there if you dont have a car, if you had a flight from dublin airport early monday morning how would you ever get there with all the cuts to rural transport?

I'd be lost without my car. Doesn't mean it's horrible to live here without one, just very difficult. It depends what you do and where you need to go really.

As for rural transport, what rural transport? :rolleyes:
    OP if by rural you mean like a 'one -horse' town or remote like Connemara? Nobody likes one horse towns, but in Connemara you always have the sheep :0

Going to have to lock up my sheep tonight I see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Well, I live in rural Ireland, it is a pain but its nice to live there though. I still have to get people to drive me places cause I don't have my full licence yet. Where I live I have to get a lift into town or to the bus. Once I can get the bus from town I can go where ever really. I've two airports near me, one is an hour and half away and the other is a half hour away from me, and the other one is about 2 and half hours from me so really wouldn't need to go to Dublin Airport, If I did I have the option of either flying up there or taking the train to Heuston and getting a bus to Dublin Airport! To make takes easier I'd stay over night in Dublin and make my way to the airport by bus!

OP if by rural you mean like a 'one -horse' town or remote like Connemara?

I think the OP means an area populated by Toothless simpletons with Eyebrows on their cheeks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

I have heroin, but no needle. No car to go out and buy a needle. Fortunately, I live in Dublin where everyone has needles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

I have heroin, but no needle. No car to go out and buy a needle. Fortunately, I live in Dublin where everyone has needles.

Why don't you just smoke it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

Aww.. Another one of these threads where Dubs think they are superior!!

You couldnt pay me to live in the city.
    I couldnt be happier in the country.

Who needs a bus?
    Buy a car you tight ars.e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

It's great

You may not have a DART, LUAS, intercity rail, Bus Eireann, Nitelink, 13,000 taxis, bike scheme or dedicated bus service.

You have hackneys and maybe one bus a week for the pensioners as the local post office shut down.

But at the same time the locals accept this and don't start moaning that transport in your area is a joke and everything is terrible, oh no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

You can have all the public transport you want..
    I still would never ever live there!

We dont have a local post office, but its not too far to the next one.

Everyone drives anyway.
    There is no bus for pensioners as we live in a community where all they have to do is ask and they have a lift.

Couldnt live without the ould barn dance! Hahaha!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Aww.. Another one of these threads where Dubs think they are superior!!

You couldnt pay me to live in the city.
    I couldnt be happier in the country.

Who needs a bus?
    Buy a car you tight ars.e

... and become a rural salesperson selling curtains:D

Advertisement