Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go on a date in Cork?

Options
  • 25-09-2010 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Kind of a last minute decision but going on a date in Cork tomorrow and need a plan seeing as he's travelling to me! Any suggestions? I reckon we'll be meeting in the afternoon......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

If you are looking for things to do in Cork Sundays aren't the best. You might try the Cork Public Museum in Fitzgerald Park. I am pretty sure they are open for a little while on Sunday afternoons and it is a nice walk through the park.

Or you could go to the Cork City Gaol museum on Sundays Well Road and then walk down to The Franciscan Well for some pints.

If you are up for a short train ride you could go out to Midleton and go to the Jameson Distillary for a tour and whiskey tasting. There are also lots of cute restaurants in Midleton. There is one on the main street that has a funny red exterior and does not look like a lot from outside but the food is fantastic. You pass it walking from the train station to the distillary.

Hope you are able to find something fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Having been to Middleton on a Sunday before if there is anything you want to do do it early as the entire town seems to close at 5 if it opened at all.

ffs, midleton for a date, Jesus Christ, it's an awful place to go to for any reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

+1 James, went there 2 weeks ago to the Army surplus store on a Sunday, tried to spend some time there afterwards and see if anything else was worthwhile doing. Turns out the answer is no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Any date where I go to a distillery, partake in some whiskey tasting, and get a late lunch in Finíns, is a very good date indeed.

What did you end up doing, OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Go out to the Lough & feed the swans, walk around the lough having a chat, into the Hawthorn after! Keep it simple!

Fota on the train might be an OK one too?

Go out to the Lough & feed the swans, walk around the lough having a chat, into the Hawthorn after! Keep it simple!

Sounds good :) Don't give the swans bread though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I forgot to add a visit to Jackie Lennoxs after the lough! It doesn't get more Cork than that.
    Or if a bag of chips doesn't float his boat walk down to the Brick Oven restaurant by St Finbarre's cathedral for a pizza/pasta.

Advertisement