Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed limit coming off M50

Options
  • 25-09-2010 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

What prats came up with the 30 kph (18mph) speedlimit on the new slip road coming off the M50 going towards Blanchardstown.:confused:

Vehicles coming off the M50 using this road must by definition be driven by drivers that have a full driving licence (L drivers aren't allowed on motorways). They must also have a roadworthy car (NCT). Pedestrians, bycycles and motor cycles under a certain CC are are also not allowed on the motorway.

Why does there have to be a specific speed limit anyway. Do drivers with full licences not have the ability to judge what speed is safe and appropriate. Who are these people trying to protect. My own thoughts are that they just putting in totally inappropriate speed limits, to show the rest of us how powerful and important they are.

All well and good, we can just continue to ignore the stupid speed limits for the moment, but as soon as the hundreds of privately operated speed cameras are introduced, where do you think they are going to locate them. I can see penalty points building up very quickly.

I'm totally sick and tired of this nanny state.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Thank god I dont use the m50 coming back to blanch so.

Your coming from 100-120 and you pull into a lane and have to drop to 30. Do you enter the lane @ 30 thus causing a crash on a motorway or do you enter it around 60-80 and get done?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

No one will pay attention to them limits anyway. Most people ignore the rules on the roads.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I think there is a thread going on this in the motors forum, so that's probably the appropriate place to discuss this issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement