Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Round Ireland Cycle For Charity

• 25-09-2010 9:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Cycling Forum, quick message to let ya know bout event coming up. My cousin and a friend are doing to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Association.

All the info is here: http://www.cyclingforcf.blogspot.com/

As you can see, you can join them if you want, it gives the route and dates, so maybe get in touch if you can. Maybe you can donate if at all possible. Hope its a success for them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Bump!

The lads have had some radio coverage this week. Were on Joe Duffy on Tuesday. Leaving Dublin on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Best of luck lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Thats fantasic, best of luck with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Hi Mushy.

I was in touch with the lads after hearing the piece on JD and I recommended that they post about it here, but didn't see your post until now.

A few people in work and some friends & family have sponsored me to do the 1st leg to Arklow and back to Dublin, so hoping to meet up with the crew in the morning in Herbert Park and head out the coast. Looks like the weather gods will be kind to us tomorrow.

Hope you get a few more from here to join in on some of the other legs around the coast. I'm sure the lads would welcome the company and a few bob towards a great cause.

• Advertisement

jimm wrote: »
    Hi Mushy.

I was in touch with the lads after hearing the piece on JD and I recommended that they post about it here, but didn't see your post until now.

A few people in work and some friends & family have sponsored me to do the 1st leg to Arklow and back to Dublin, so hoping to meet up with the crew in the morning in Herbert Park and head out the coast. Looks like the weather gods will be kind to us tomorrow.

Hope you get a few more from here to join in on some of the other legs around the coast. I'm sure the lads would welcome the company and a few bob towards a great cause.

Well I'm not officially connected/involved, just said I'd promote it. Hopefully they see this before they post, or if. I've sponsored myself, hope they do reach their target. Fair play to ya for doing it, and hey, you're having a pitstop here at my house haha (much closer to Arklow).

Nice meeting ya today Jimm. Hope the return home went/is going well for you. Fair play to you in doing it, hope you enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Yeah Mushy, fantastic day for it too. Home safe and sound after 175km round trip. Fab spread your Mum laid on thanks.

Best of luck to the lads for the rest of their trip.

Been too long since I got back to here. The lads are over in Clare on their way to Galway. Can read up all about it here:

http://www.cyclingforcf.blogspot.com/

Getting a great response and they are certainly enjoying it.

And now they have completed the trip! Came back today, tired but happy. Once again, fair play Jimm for making the last leg of the journey. Here is their clip on the news today:

http://www.tv3.ie/videos.php?video=29199&locID=1.2.141&date=2010-11-11&date_mode=1&page=1&show_cal=&newspanel=1&showspanel=&web_only=&full_episodes=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Well done to ye all,
    thanks for the clip and the updates Mushy I hadn't seen it on tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Fair play to them!

CF is a really good cause too.

Advertisement