Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A typical Night Out in Ireland

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

ddef wrote: »
    to sum it up:

Drinkin' Fightin' Schmokin'

Anythin' else and you're just bein' greedly like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Pretty typical night out in ireland. Meal, Drinks, Tunes etc ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Normally I go to a party meeting and guzzle back 20pints

Home around 3am before getting up dying and doing whatever duties I need to do such as appearing on morning ireland....I fúckin hate being the Taoiseach sometimes :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Strangely, I seem to enjoy clubs that aren't absolutely **** and full of ****.

For some reason, getting squashed against the bar by a fat, drunken Garda while the DJ mixes Jumbo Breakfast Roll into Cotton Eye Joe just doesn't give me my jollies these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

How did Terry manage to vote 3 times? Must be one of the luxuries of being a mod?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭ddef

Bad
    mikom wrote: »

Haha good man. they were at trinity the other night and part of it was a Q and A.
    most brilliant answer to a question was
    "what do ye think of Jersey Shore?"

"Well, if those lads spent more time on the site and not washin' their clothes or masturbaitin' in front of the mirror, they might have a bit more shtyle about them"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

mikom wrote: »
    "God often said not to be too greedy" buzz mc donald

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Bad
    johnn wrote: »
    ****ing anything that moves

and if it doesnt move, sure we'll work something out:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Been summed up pretty well so far, but here it is again:
    6/7:decide to go out.
    Half 7:offie or tesco, depending on your funds and where the house your going to is.
    8:Head to the pre drinking house for the night.
    Half 8:Some sort of drinking game starts, due to not many people being at the house yet.
    9 to 10:drinking, having the craic,tunes,etc.
    10 to half 10: spend ages argueing about when we should all leave.
    Half 10 to half 11: Realise someone may have called a taxi, and you must drink all your drink as soon as possible.
    Half 11-12:Stumble into taxi, usually some conflict arrises like an alarm going off, someone missing, someone argueing with taxi driver over price, someone has lost something in the house ,etc.
    12:Arrive in town, queue for nightclub that has been picked.Get in.Spend first 45 minutes or so getting ****-faced.
    After that: blur.
    9am: Wake up, litre of orange juice, 3 pandol, and read over texts as you realise what stupid things you did last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

'the world is what you make it Baby!'

it's up to people to do what they want to do, it needn't necessarily involve gallons of drink, it's possible to get by without gallons of drink you know.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

imme wrote: »
    it needn't necessarily involve gallons of drink, it's possible to get by without gallons of drink you know.;)

Yeah, it's called shorts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

usually ends with a prolonged bout of alcohol induced projectile vomit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

What is a typical nite out in Ireland's towns & cities like?

How would you describe it to someone who has not yet had a 'night out' in Ireland?

I would tell them that it's a sight to see, and the best bit is at the end when the pubs close and you can observe blokes picking fights with the cars in the street, and girls tumbling about because of the shoes they couldn't even walk in at the beginning of the night when they were still sober.

Other countries will charge you entrance for spectacles like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

About 10 beers, taxi, 5 beers, good times, 5 more beers, really good times (that my mates fill me in on the next day) kebab, taxi, sleep, hangover.

I'm a man of simple pleasures and I enjoy my good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

It's typically an amazingly random night.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

Dinner and drinks afterwards. I'm not a fan of drinking before I go out and eating at the end of the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

It seems most of us drink before the pub , personally im usually fairly drunk before i get to town. I wanted to know is there an age that people think someone should stop drinking before going out?
    Ive never known my parents to drink before going out. I know for a lot of people its money related but if i had money id still like to drink before going out as i think its great craic.
    Btw im 23 and most people that i know round my age do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Ugly, Messy, Violent
    All 3 poll options imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

messy, crowded and crazy!

this was Limerick during the summer, im in there somewhere!

35884_1379790092861_1175171550_30891102_5270277_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sagat2

Typical night out? The weekend has landed. All that exists now is clubs, drugs, pubs and parties. I've got 48 hours off from the world, man. I'm gonna blow steam out my head like a screaming kettle, I'm gonna talk cod **** to strangers all night, I'm gonna lose the plot on the dancefloor. The free radicals inside me are freakin', man! Tonight I'm Jip Travolta, I'm Peter Popper, I'm going to never-never land with my chosen family, man. We're gonna get more spaced out than Neil Armstrong ever did, anything could happen tonight, you know? This could be the best night of my life. I've got 73 quid in my back burner - I'm gonna wax the lot, man! The Milky Bars are on me! Yeah!

But then you end up in Coppers getting molested by some Culchie wretch before walking home due to lack of decent night transit, you spew your guts up after being chased by junkies and get home to find you have spent all your income on less than a dozen beers and a nasty kebab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Ugly, Messy, Violent
    Sharkey 10 wrote: »
    I wanted to know is there an age that people think someone should stop drinking before going out?
    Ive never known my parents to drink before going out. I know for a lot of people its money related but if i had money id still like to drink before going out as i think its great craic.

I always drank my head off before I went out until I turned 28, but after over ten years of the same routine was well sick of it. No more clubs for me, so no more beforehand drinks. I'd say a fair few, mostly single, lads continue with it into their early thirties.

Bad
    Depends on the night really but Typical saturday night would be

Start in the pub around 8 o'clock and have a feed of pints. Maybe stay in the same pub or move to another before hitting the club around 12 ish or later if its a local town night club and hit the captain and coke and/or whiskey and/or jager bombs.

Sometimes have a few drinks before heading out but usually start in the pub. Some times start much earlier in the pub if there is a game on, maybe around 2 or 3 in the afternoon and move around to a few different pubs before hitting a club or late bar.

Friday night would be straight to the pub after work around 6 and stay out until late bar or club closing.

Then food and bed after either of the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭h8scobes

normally go drinking in a gaff or mayb get trollied in kielys b4 going out with the guys and hittin clubs in town normally we drink heino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

1. Go to pub and have good craic
    2. Head to a nightclub
    3. Realise your not having a good time
    4. Insert more alcohol
    6. Realise your not having a good time
    7. Insert more alcohol
    8. Realise your not having a good time
    9. Insert more alcohol
    10. Realise your not having a good time
    11. Insert more alcohol.
    Repeat ad infinitum until you fall over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

Ugly, Messy, Violent
    I get all sorts at work because I don't get out atleats 4 times a week... but to be honest I could not be bother.. Pubs ok... better if there is music,, but Pub crawls, 20 pints/Shots/Take aways and a hang over the lasts a week... nooo thanks.

What is the Irish obsession with drinking... Girls drinking 2 bottles of cheap wine before they leave the house, then tailing guys to get them to buy drinks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Ugly, Messy, Violent
    ft9 wrote: »
    How did Terry manage to vote 3 times? Must be one of the luxuries of being a mod?

I don't remember voting, but it must have been a multiple choice poll. I always vote in every option in those polls without even reading the choices. I'm mad like that.

Advertisement