Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broaband Queries

• 25-09-2010 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭

Apologies if a similar question has been asked before, but couldn't find one on the forum.

We are currently on a Vodafone 8mb connection with an unlimited phone calls package and Sky tv and due to a a much faster internet connection (30mb) for the same price, we are considering moving everything over to UPC. I've very rarely had any problems with Vodafone (been with them since 2004 when it was originally IOL) so want to make sure what the quality of the service is like before swapping over.

I mostly use broadband for playing Xbox, downloading files (including using torrents), browsing and that's essentially it. I probably download somwhere between 15 and 40gb a month. Is the service reliable? Would I actually get the full advertised 30mb or close to it? Do they throttle your connection ever?

Also, as a side question: we recently cancelled our analogue UPC connection (which we had since '91, the cablelink days!) and would be re-signing up for the €85 a month phone/tv/broadband deal. the address will be the same but the bill payer different. Would this be an issue at all?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭nani17

Just got it today but only the 30mb broadband nothing else

967260170.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

UPC are usually very reliable you should have no issues gaming on the connection if you pay for 30mb your very likely to get 30mb as its not done through the phone line like eircom vodafone etc..
    they dont throttle your connection either
    also you get 250GB monthly download limit which is great
    if your signing up in a differant name than your tv was in before you will be fine they wont ask any questions :)

jay93 wrote: »
    UPC are usually very reliable you should have no issues gaming on the connection if you pay for 30mb your very likely to get 30mb as its not done through the phone line like eircom vodafone etc..
    they dont throttle your connection either
    also you get 250GB monthly download limit which is great
    if your signing up in a differant name than your tv was in before you will be fine they wont ask any questions :)

they told me it was 350gb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Maybe it has gone upto 350GB last time i checked it was still 250GB but to be honest its a lot more than all other providers give ya :o

Maybe it has gone upto 350GB last time i checked it was still 250GB but to be honest its a lot more than all other providers give ya :o

So true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Thanks for the helpful replies folks, has made the decision a lot easier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

nani17 wrote: »
    they told me it was 350gb

Can anyone point me to where this is on the UPC site? I'm just getting the 15mb broadband and after reading all the T&C's I couldn't see anywhere mentioning 250GB or 350GB? :confused:

Also if you go for just broadband the "standalone charge" of €7.75 is added onto the broadband bill per month?

They don't have it on the site but i asked the person on the phone when i was getting it and she said 350.

Advertisement