If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for a TV

Options
  • 25-09-2010 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi guys

I'm looking for a 42" - 47" TV, with 100hz + Full HD + HDMI connection.
    Non too bothered about the rest.

Will be used for SD tv, ps3 and blu ray.

Any recommendations around the €650 mark?

Actually i'll also need a tv stand as well as delivery to Sligo.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Gomer Pyle.

Thanks for getting in touch.

You could have a look at the Philips 42PFL5405 which is priced at £449.95 / 549.99 Euro (Pending Stock)
    http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=42PFL5405H/05&slg=en&scy=GB

Delivery on a screen of this size would cost £30 / 36 Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Gomer Pyle

Hi Kenny

Thanks for the quick reply, and on a Sunday as well.

That, the 42PFL5405, looks ideal.

I am now also looking for a 22".
    Perhaps along the lines of the 22PFL3404, or if possibly the LG 22LD350.
    But again open to recommendations.

Could I get a combined price?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Gomer.

I'm going to get in here before my boss does.....:D

The 22" Philips 3405 is a little stunner and my boss just bought one so that's why i'm getting in here first as he's biased !

The picture on the 22 for normal TV is amazing. It's currently priced at £229.95 which is not cheap for a 22" but when you see the picture, you'll understand why.

The 22" LG is unfortunately not in the same league but it's priced at £179.95 and unfortunately these are the best prices that I can offer as the 42" is a stupid price.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Dave

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Gomer.

I'm going to get in here before my boss does.....:D

The 22" Philips 3405 is a little stunner and my boss just bought one so that's why i'm getting in here first as he's biased !

The picture on the 22 for normal TV is amazing. It's currently priced at £229.95 which is not cheap for a 22" but when you see the picture, you'll understand why.

The 22" LG is unfortunately not in the same league but it's priced at £179.95 and unfortunately these are the best prices that I can offer as the 42" is a stupid price.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Dave

Gomer,

John Mc Here and I have indeed just bought and installed a 22PFL3405 - and to be honest for the 1st time in TV's in years I was completely blown away by it - I connected it up on a boat to a crappy marine aerial and the picture quality is just outstanding - Dave did not explain that the difference between the 3405 and most other small screens is that the 3405 is an LED (back lit) which means that compared to the 3404 or the LG 350 the contrast ratio is 150,000:1 compared to under 50,000:1 on the LG/3404!

The other main benefit (and the reason I actually bought it in the 1st instance) is that the LED is really energy efficient and uses approx 40% less power than a conventional LCD!

Anyway, rant over - keep us posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Gomer Pyle

Hi guys

I'm gonna go ahead and get the 42PFL5405 and the LG 22LD350 if they are available.

I'll need a TV stand also for the 42".

Who would be best to contact to get it all organised?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Gomer.

If you can drop me an PM with a contact phone number, I'll give you a bell for some details and an update on availability.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Hey Gomer Pyle.

Thanks for getting in touch.

You could have a look at the Philips 42PFL5405 which is priced at £449.95 / 549.99 Euro (Pending Stock)
    http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=42PFL5405H/05&slg=en&scy=GB

Delivery on a screen of this size would cost £30 / 36 Euro

What is the difference between this TV and the Philips 42PFL5405h?

Hi Dixie.

There is actually no difference, they are the same model.

Most of the time, we don't bother with the H.

Thanks.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

<Snip>

Mod Comment:

Please read the Charter - posters are asked not to answer queries.

If you wish to ask for a best price on any item please do not hesitate to open a thread of your own and ask RS or the Philips Shop for their best price. If you have a look around this forum you'll find plenty of posts and replies of that kind.

Cheers,

Ritz.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.