Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aaaagh - how come I can't get GMAIL and other sites?

• 25-09-2010 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Have a nice little Eee PC laptop that I have used at home very happily for the last 18 months or so - mainly for surfing / email on a wireless router. Recently I can't access email (GMAIL) and a some other sites (Paddy Power!).

However I can access the likes of www.rte.ie - I have a laptop from work and have no problem getting onto GMAIL, Paddypower etc etc from the exact same location using the same router.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.......whatever the hell has happened it just a recent thing.

Roy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

This sort of behaviour is typical of a lot of viruses. They effectively hijack DNS requests so that they can control where you go on the Internet. They also often block any access to antivirus & other update sites.

So assume for now that you have some sort of virus and have a look at the "I think I have a virus" sticky in the Virus & Malware forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭onekeano

Brilliant BH, thanks a million. Still going thro the process and found no virus so far but have resumed normal access so thank you VERY much!!!

Roy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭jpl888

I can and do frequently bark up the wrong tree but is it just SSL sites that don't work?

i.e. Gmail and PaddyPower would both use SSL when logging in.

That would indicate to me the date and time is completely wrong/at least a year out which could mean the CMOS battery is faulty.

So it will only show up after a cold reboot.

Advertisement