Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rep of Ireland v Russia - 8th/Oct/2010

• 25-09-2010 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Kristian_

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOPFEIfIVxgwDHiCjboxhY8s5M8BsWJ7r5B9wzrzEGaN21YtE&t=1&usg=__RnTR4GQmSwU-549yckswgyeAB1M=

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7BO1coqSd2t0lzbvH1gt6_ZTKGsbJXD2YjFt9DxQZQchqtHI&t=1&usg=__LxmvMqlQ5eeC_yyBOrF6XUN_31Y= Vimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5xVlOgNaxPfMdtYVdKYGL-GTCUBg_YywtQHayrY5f2J-x1dE&t=1&h=175&w=159&usg=__NL0Rjual4KEdSWFXZPdXcoX6qF4=
    Aviva Stadium 8th/Oct/2010 KO @19:45

What are your thoughts and optiions on this upcoming fixture?

My team..
    Given
    Kelly St Ledger Dunne O'Shea

McGeady Gibson Whelan Duff

Doyle Keane

Let me know your thoughts lads - cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Kristian_ wrote: »
    What are your thoughts and optinions on this upcoming fixture?

My team..
    Given
    Kelly St Ledger Dunne O'Shea

McGeady Gibson Whelan Duff

Doyle Keane

Let me know your thoughts lads - cheers

I think Kilbane is a definite starter. Doesn't matter what 'your team' is, he always gets picked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Dunne's injured isn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Must win game for us if we want to top the group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Dunne's injured isn't he?

I think Dunne has a chance to be fit for this but it could be 50/50. It's a scary thought that if Dunne isn't fit we will likely go into this game with McShane and Kilbane in the full-back slots because I would imagine if Dunne misses the game he will move O'Shea to centre-back and it will look like so:

Given

McShane
    St Ledger----O'Shea----Kilbane

That is a back four that would scare the fans more than it would Russia's attackers. Arshavin and Pavlyuchenko against that is frightening. If Dunne is fit it will likely be what it was against Armenia with O'Shea at right-back.

I'm not crazy about Kilbane playing but as 8-10 says it ain't changing. Personally I think Lawrence has to start as he has been the form player for us so far along with Doyle. I'd have Duff on the left and McGeady on the bench.

I can see this being a really tough game and would say it will likely be a draw. Hopefully we can edge it though.

I think Dunne has a chance to be fit for this but it could be 50/50. It's a scary thought that if Dunne isn't fit we will likely go into this game with McShane and Kilbane in the full-back slots because I would imagine if Dunne misses the game he will move O'Shea to centre-back and it will look like so:

Given

McShane

That is a back four that would scare the fans more than it would Russia's attackers. Arshavin and Pavlyuchenko against that is frightening. If Dunne is fit it will likely be what it was against Armenia with O'Shea at right-back.

I'm not crazy about Kilbane playing but as 8-10 says it ain't changing. Personally I think Lawrence has to start as he has been the form player for us so far along with Doyle. I'd have Duff on the left and McGeady on the bench.

I can see this being a really tough game and would say it will likely be a draw. Hopefully we can edge it though.

Yep I agree with Lawrence ahead of McGeady. Mainly for his set piece delivery. Hopefully Aidan has some inside info for the lads though... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

If Dunne is injured we are fooked!!:eek: The thoughts of McShane starting...:( If Dunne IS injured I would take a draw, please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Given

McShane

Coleman over McShane everyday of the week. He played class today and McShane is pure S-H-I-T-E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

My team?

Given

Coleman-St.Ledger-Dunne-O'Shea

Lawerence-Gibson-Whelan-Duff

Keane-Doyle

Trappattoni's team?

Given

O'Shea-St.Legder-Dunne-Kilbane

Lawrence-Andrews-Whelan-Duff

Keane-Doyle

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Kristian_

8-10 wrote: »
    I think Kilbane is a definite starter. Doesn't matter what 'your team' is, he always gets picked.

Of course it doesn't matter what 'my team' is..it's an opinion :rolleyes: great start..anyway moving on..
    I have no doubt Kilbane will start but I don't think he's up to international level anymore, the Russians will target him as a weak link and this could spell disastrous for us. I believe this is our most solid back four and eases the pressure for the midfielders, I'd love to see Gibson get an opportunity because I reckon he could be the link between attack and defence which we so badly need in my opinion. Andrews just doesn't have that element to his game at the moment. I really think we can grab this group by the scruff of the neck here if Trap just loosens up the shackels a wee bit and allows them to play a bit more football because we do have the quality.

Kristian_ wrote: »
    Of course it doesn't matter what 'my team' is..it's an opinion :rolleyes: great start..anyway moving on..

You asked for thoughts. That's exactly the sentence I was thinking when I read your post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

We can all be pretty sure of who'll be on the team sheet.

My selection:

Given

Cunningham
    Dunne
    O'Shea
    Coleman

Duff
    Whelan
    Gibson
    Lawrence

Keane
    Doyle

And I'd put Paul McShane on the king's throne in Paris is 1789.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭geurrp the yard

Just looked at tickets for this match and of course the fai have to do things arseways and try to get more money by offering "a bundle" with the norway friendly. Cheapest ticket is 90 euro on ticketmaster. For an important match id like to see, it really puts you off when you see the fai doing ****e like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    My team?

Given

Coleman-St.Ledger-Dunne-O'Shea

Lawerence-Gibson-Whelan-Duff

Keane-Doyle

Trappattoni's team?

Given

O'Shea-St.Legder-Dunne-Kilbane

Lawrence-Andrews-Whelan-Duff

Keane-Doyle

Is Coleman in the squad?

You asked for thoughts. That's exactly the sentence I was thinking when I read your post.

Ok cheers
    tolosenc wrote: »
    We can all be pretty sure of who'll be on the team sheet.

My selection:

Given

Cunningham
    Dunne
    O'Shea
    Coleman

Duff
    Whelan
    Gibson
    Lawrence

Keane
    Doyle

I like this team, mixture of youth & experience with alot of quality thrown in.
    Do you think Coleman could step up to the mark at this level?
    I've heard alot of good things about him but I've only seen him playing for Everton a few times, is he a regular at the moment for them?
    Lawerence to start but McGeady to come out of the traps like a greyhound after about 70.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭briany

At this point I feel that if neither Kilbane or Mcshane started, Trapattoni would probably opt to play himself at left back. Who else knows his system better? And, let's face it, some people here would consider Trap himself a superior option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

No Coleman isnt in the squad. I cant see him being included in the near future either unfortunatly. He is an attacking RB, and that doesnt suit Traps style.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

TBH, I'm really pissed at James McCarthy's omission. I don't care that he's only 19 and missed the training camp, he's by far the best central midfielder we have. Wigan is only a stepping stone in his career. He is needed in the squad here and now, just like Ward, Coleman, Wilson and to a lesser extent Stokes. I wonder what happens if say, god-forbid we go 3-0 down against Russia. What's Plan B?

Gibson's best position is in the hole behind the striker, in a 5 man midfield. Not disciplined enough to play in a 4-4-2, IMO. It's a non-starter with Keane and Doyle, anyway. Gibson is a better player, but I'd rather start Andrews/Green even though I'm not a fan of either. And that's putting it politely!

Finally, Trap should be slapped silly if he plays McShane. We may as well just throw the towel in, the thought of him up against Bilyaletdinov/Arshavin and Zhirkov is the stuff of horror films. We have plenty of better options so no excuses.

TBH, I'm really pissed at James McCarthy's omission. I don't care that he's only 19 and missed the training camp, he's by far the best central midfielder we have. Wigan is only a stepping stone in his career. He is needed in the squad here and now, just like Ward, Coleman, Wilson and to a lesser extent Stokes. I wonder what happens if say, god-forbid we go 3-0 down against Russia. What's Plan B?

Gibson's best position is in the hole behind the striker, in a 5 man midfield. Not disciplined enough to play in a 4-4-2, IMO. It's a non-starter with Keane and Doyle, anyway. Gibson is a better player, but I'd rather start Andrews/Green even though I'm not a fan of either. And that's putting it politely!

Finally, Trap should be slapped silly if he plays McShane. We may as well just throw the towel in, the thought of him up against Bilyaletdinov/Arshavin and Zhirkov is the stuff of horror films. We have plenty of better options so no excuses.

Your right McCarthy should def be in the squad no doubt about it - it's crazy stuff really a young lad with obvious talent playing regularly in the top flight of English football not getting a sniff. The same goes for Coleman, we cannot afford to be leaving these guys out imo.
    Glen Whelan made TWO forward passes in 56 mins of football today against Newcastle one of which he didn't make and the other just about and this was right before he was substituted.
    While I think Whelan is a functional player he just doesn't offer anything going forward, I just wish he would get a bit more confidence get his head up and just impose himself on the game a bit more, I think he has the ability.
    This again at the end of the day is down to Trap, our lads have ability to play football, I wish he would just let them do it.
    If McShane play's then were in serious trouble as has been said before he just doesn't cut it at any level to be honest and there are players far superior to him available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Yep I agree with Lawrence ahead of McGeady. Mainly for his set piece delivery. Hopefully Aidan has some inside info for the lads though... ;)
    I agree, I do not think much of McGeady, I though he was poor against Andorra. He had plenty of options in which he failed in his awareness of them and to use them during that match.
    He should have easily beat the part timers and get pass them easily

Lawrence is a much better player.

BOHtox wrote: »
    Coleman over McShane everyday of the week. He played class today and McShane is pure S-H-I-T-E
    I have not seeing much of Coleman, but McShane in which I have no doubt about his dedication and his ability to play his heart out for the Team, bit he is prone to lously errors, like the Dunne of the early days. I wish someone would show McShane how to play in difficult sitution to get rid of his blundering errors.

I would give Coleman a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Lawrence has to start. Duff left if he's feeling good with McGeady to get 25 minutes.

Joke alright not to have Coleman and McCarthy in the squad when bit are probably good enough to be starting.

tolosenc wrote: »

I was wondering why would you waste so much energy that could potential power the world for Centuries to come in order to open a time portal and put McShane back in Time, until I relies what happen on that year.
    louis3.jpg
    You will not need an executioner, he will trigger the guillotine himself.

Not a bad choice but we are still weak in midfield, It is a pity we have no great players, like Roy Keane of old.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQL5RShLxeVDiLuNYkdLiWDcVnnlTn6A2QGHb9s9X6Ga-_4uiA&t=1&usg=__3AtdSDGYjw5E4Z3OFT26AEIFhyQ=

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6FrEkxbf3GJJRl75Z5kh-mQt3Q_aSuPUviRdCa9w63JXPNdc&t=1&usg=__qKJdjILw2vm7o6-yB6toLJRrkRo=

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQL5RShLxeVDiLuNYkdLiWDcVnnlTn6A2QGHb9s9X6Ga-_4uiA&t=1&usg=__3AtdSDGYjw5E4Z3OFT26AEIFhyQ=

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6FrEkxbf3GJJRl75Z5kh-mQt3Q_aSuPUviRdCa9w63JXPNdc&t=1&usg=__qKJdjILw2vm7o6-yB6toLJRrkRo=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

any chance of stephen reid being selected?

hes fit again and was class when he came on at the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

He has retired from international football.

nuxxx wrote: »
    any chance of stephen reid being selected?

hes fit again and was class when he came on at the weekend

Retired :(

Quite depressing when you look at a a retired/unselected Ireland XI:

Kenny

Carr - O'Brien - Wilson - Ward

Coleman - McCarthy - S. Reid - A. Reid

Ireland

Stokes

An alternative team to what Trap will play:
    Given
    I reckon that's fairly obvious
    Coleman
    Ledger----O'Shea
    Kilbane
    I think Dunne is injured. Left back is a toughie. Kilbane will give great experience to the team, 100% work rate and an aerial threat. Coleman is a great attacking rb and has quite a bit of pace.
    Andrews/Whelan
    This is to stop the counter attack. I reckon Russia, who have bags of pace, will try do that. Andrews and Whelan can both put in a tackle.
    Mcgeady
    Lawerence
    Duff
    Doyle

Keane
    Hoof it to doyle who can head it down to one of Keane, Duff, Lawerence and McGeady.

Retired :(

Quite depressing when you look at a a retired/unselected Ireland XI:

Kenny

Carr - O'Brien - Wilson - Ward

Coleman - McCarthy - S. Reid - A. Reid

Ireland

Stokes

Subs: Brian Murphy, Finnan, Harte, Delap, Long, Amond, Connor Clifford, Barry Maguire, Tracey, Jon Walters. Some real good depth there

• Advertisement

Been looking through Hull match reports on the BBC and I don't think Kilbane has even played a minute in the Championship this season. And Trap thinks he's still up to international football?! :eek: That's before even bringing up the fact that he's been a midfielder his whole career apart from one season at Wigan.

It was time to move on at the end of the last campaign. I have a lot of respect for Killer's commitment and professionalism, but why oh why are we persisting with him?! There's no room for sentiment in football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I love Kilbane, I don't think he's as bad as everyone makes him out to be, but I wanna see someting new from Trap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Been looking through Hull match reports on the BBC and I don't think Kilbane has even played a minute in the Championship this season. And Trap thinks he's still up to international football?! :eek: That's before even bringing up the fact that he's been a midfielder his whole career apart from one season at Wigan.

It was time to move on at the end of the last campaign. I have a lot of respect for Killer's commitment and professionalism, but why oh why are we persisting with him?! There's no room for sentiment in football.

He played at the start of the season but he's lost his place the last few games. It is worrying alright. One mistake is all it takes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Personally I'd stick O'Shea in LB and play Kevin Foley RB. He's been playing well for Wolves this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

If McShane starts I'm not watching the match for fear of my eyes bleeding. While I'd love to see McCarthy in the squad and our attack minded players given more game time I think Trap should stick with keeping it tight. Russia will kill us if it becomes open, so keep it tight. Hopefully a goal from a set piece but I'd take a draw at this stage, especially if McDisaster starts!

He played at the start of the season but he's lost his place the last few games. It is worrying alright. One mistake is all it takes.

Yeah, just looked through them all now. He played the first couple, got subbed early in the next two and hasn't played since. At least McShane is a regular starter for all his faults (Kilbane was a much better player in his prime though).

It's time to say goodbye to the old dog. Sadly, I think it's going to take the Russia and Slovakia matches to hammer it home to Trap. It's like a car is heading for a tree and every onlooker except the driver is anticipating it.

• Advertisement

cson wrote: »
    Personally I'd stick O'Shea in LB and play Kevin Foley RB. He's been playing well for Wolves this season.

That's what I'd do too, providing Dunne is fit. But time and time again he has preferred McShane, as recently as the Argentina friendly. Trap was quoted as saying he likes his 'physical presence'. Foley is too attacking for Trap's liking.

Someone needs to send him the memo that McShane is utter dogsh!te.

Russia are there to be had on the counter I think; they're a good side on paper but they're flaky enough for us to have a chance - Slovenia and Slovakia are pretty average teams rather like ourselves.

I definitely think we could nick one through Doyles industry and hold on to it.

BOHtox wrote: »
    Subs: Brian Murphy, Finnan, Harte, Delap, Long, Amond, Connor Clifford, Barry Maguire, Tracey, Jon Walters. Some real good depth there

Long and Treacy are in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

cson wrote: »
    Russia are there to be had on the counter I think; they're a good side on paper but they're flaky enough for us to have a chance - Slovenia and Slovakia are pretty average teams rather like ourselves.

I definitely think we could nick one through Doyles industry and hold on to it.

Bigtime. A real flaky mentality they seem to have when things aren't going their way. Just like France, we're made to beat these kinds of teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭briany

I think we must be fearful of Russia coming to Dublin with a point to prove. As already mentioned, it only will take one big lapse in Ireland's defense and that would be it. A win here is what we really should be looking at and if gotten would make it, effectively, into a two horse race. It's a pretty big if and there's a long way to go but yeah wins at home are just what are called for (and draws or better away to the bigger teams). I'm a lot more apprehensive about the Russia match than the Slovakia match four days later which I predict will be a lackluster affair with neither team trying very hard to win it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

As long as Mcshane doesn't play I think we should win. Trap took us to with an inch of the world cup with a mediocre team so he knows what he is doing. Kilbane doesn't worry me too much, he doesn't have the pace but he got a goal for us in this campaign already and he's not a complete disaster like Mcshane so he deserves his spot IMO. Heading to the Aviva to watch this so hopefully 2-1 Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

As long as Mcshane doesn't play I think we should win. Trap took us to with an inch of the world cup with a mediocre team so he knows what he is doing. Kilbane doesn't worry me too much, he doesn't have the pace but he got a goal for us in this campaign already and he's not a complete disaster like Mcshane so he deserves his spot IMO. Heading to the Aviva to watch this so hopefully 2-1 Ireland.
    Dont agree with that, we had a poor group and should of qualified automatically, we drew twice with Monteneggro and threw away 2 wins against Italy, had we been a bit more positive under Trap wed have qualified. And France were a disaster aswell and we should of beaten them, he also brought on MCSHANE against them(:mad:) which arguably cost us a place in the World Cup!!
    You think Kilbane deserves his place because hes better than McShane and got a goal against Andorra???:confused: even though we have better young players in the same position??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Dont agree with that, we had a poor group and should of qualified automatically, we drew twice with Monteneggro and threw away 2 wins against Italy, had we been a bit more positive under Trap wed have qualified. And France were a disaster aswell and we should of beaten them, he also brought on MCSHANE against them(:mad:) which arguably cost us a place in the World Cup!!
    You think Kilbane deserves his place because hes better than McShane and got a goal against Andorra???:confused: even though we have better young players in the same position??:confused:

Ok we were in the same group as the defending world cup champions(Italy) and got 2 draws against them. Those were 2 good results, nobody expected us to top the group but we came close. And then we get the world cup finalists in the qualifiers. Raw deal IMO. I said in my last post Mcshane is a disaster, he only came on during the France match because O Shea got injured.
    Kilbane plays well for Ireland IMO. Some other guys may deserve his spot, but people question Trap's starting lineups all the time and we still end up getting results. Would you have brought on Fahey against Armenia and expected him to score? Probably not. Trap did tho. Just saying I have faith in his selections(bar Mcshane) as we usually get results.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Trap is overrated. The fact he is better than rubbish like Staunton means some take him as a messiah.

He's won it all, but really he wouldn't have been managing **** clubs and us in recent years if he still had it. His squad and team selections are bizarre.

The fact is, international football has gone to the dogs so we are one of the better teams around. Nothing to do with the magic of Trap or other nonsense.

Magic of Andrews,Green and Whelan doing **** all in midfield while Mcshane and Kilbane destroy the backline. Magic indeed.

Ok we were in the same group as the defending world cup champions(Italy) and got 2 draws against them. Those were 2 good results, nobody expected us to top the group but we came close. And then we get the world cup finalists in the qualifiers. Raw deal IMO. I said in my last post Mcshane is a disaster, he only came on during the France match because O Shea got injured.
    Kilbane plays well for Ireland IMO. Some other guys may deserve his spot, but people question Trap's starting lineups all the time and we still end up getting results. Would you have brought on Fahey against Armenia and expected him to score? Probably not. Trap did tho. Just saying I have faith in his selections(bar Mcshane) as we usually get results.

This post from Mr. Nice Guy when the squad was released sums things up nicely:
    The funny thing is Sheridan has been in poor form for CSKA Sofia. He was taken off at half-time in the last game where they were beaten 1-0 in a derby.

If you're in good form and playing games but not in 'the pool' you don't get in. It stinks but it's the way it is. Most Irish fans won't complain about it because they remember the results and forget the dross of the performances.

It's a bit like a college kid that doesn't do the study and buy the right books but still gets the grades. The parents won't kick off until he actually fails. Likewise most Irish fans will spout statistics about how we have six points from six, we're a useless team and Trap is making wine from water etc. I just don't buy this. We're not Brazil or Spain and aren't going to be any time soon but we can maximise the talent we have and actually give it our best shot.

We have had close shaves in the past, especially the last campaign, where we were totally outclassed by teams at times and bailed out by last ditch Richard Dunne tackles (vs Cyprus, Bulgaria) and had fortunate refereeing decisions go our way (away to Italy, home to Georgia).

I have a real fear that we could soon flunk our tests against Russia and Slovakia, and only then will the inquisition properly begin.

At least in 4 years' time it's be a 24-team tournament instead of 16. We should get into that, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

At least in 4 years' time it's be a 24-team tournament instead of 16. We should get into that, right?
    Yes we should. I think this campaign is our best chance in a long while. We should be looking at topping the group.

We should but Cyprus, Armenia and the ilk of this world are naturally affording better facilities and becoming more organised tactically as the world modernises so wouldn't say it's a given, unfortunately.

Considering the extent of different sports in a country our size we do alright. It's patronising I know but with 2 indigenous sports pretty much hoovering up anything with a bit of sporting talent outside the cities and then rugby taking everything else, we've punched above our weight imo.

Let's not beat around the bush though; 99% of people will accept that there are better players out there than Trap favours but at the same time you can't argue that he hasn't brought us on streets in spite of using limited players. He has his own style and it'll never accommodate a Keith Fahey/Kevin Foley attacking element but it could well see us qualify for our first tournament in 10 years. And 10 years is a long time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Mark my words, these two games will be the end of our campaign. We'll be lucky to even secure 1 point from these two fixtures. The knives will be out come Wednesday morning!

DB10 wrote: »
    Trap is overrated. The fact he is better than rubbish like Staunton means some take him as a messiah.

He's won it all, but really he wouldn't have been managing **** clubs and us in recent years if he still had it. His squad and team selections are bizarre.

Agree with the above DB10.

• Advertisement
Advertisement