Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rep of Ireland v Russia - 8th/Oct/2010

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Who does Eamo want to pull a side Lol

Haha...heard that, was it Keane he was talking about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

justshane wrote: »
    Given
    Coleman Dunne Josh Cunningham

Whelan

Lawrence Duff
    Fahey

Keane Doyle

I think we need to try this on Tues, also Trap interview after the break should be interesting!

Not a chance, same team just replace Green

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

DB10 wrote: »
    clogger Gibson ?

Seriously, you actually think he is a clogger ? :eek:

In what way would you refer him to be one ? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

OPENROAD wrote: »
    He should call it as it is on air imo
    I don't think he'd be allowed make threats on air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Pal wrote: »
    Bad and all as the team were, that stadium is ridiculous.

Lobsided, just like the performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Hmm, Dunne's comments very interesting. Saying we need to keep the ball as the players are knackered by kicking it long all the time.

TBH, thats drummed into us at Junior Level, no excuses for that folly at international level, none!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

I thought it was Bill who said pull him aside and give him....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

McGeady will never be a great player by any means but i think its unfair that time and again people complain about his performances. He is the only player on the Irish team with any sort of dribbling ability, the only player on the irish team willing to take defenders on, Ireland have no pace whatsover apart from mcgeady.

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Who was he sayin to pull aside? Trap?

Keane.

Pull him aside and kick the shít out of him for cheating and being useless.I couldn't find a kevin and perry gif to show his flailing arms every 2 mins but if someone can i would appreciate that. :D

McGeady will never be a great player by any means but i think its unfair that time and again people complain about his performances. He is the only player on the Irish team with any sort of dribbling ability, the only player on the irish team willing to take defenders on, Ireland have no pace whatsover apart from mcgeady.
    Damien Duff?

• Advertisement

There are times when he tries to beat the same man 2/3 times though, shift it on to your left Aiden and whip it f**king in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Trap said:
    - if we scored the early chance it could have been different
    - we suffered in midfield!
    - the deflection (by MOTM Dunne) was jammy

meh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

All our defensive central midfielders are plodders, wheras all our creative attacking midfielders are half decent. We'll never be Spain but if we don't play to our strengths we'll never qualify for anything.

McCarthy
    Fahey
    A. Reid
    Gibson

And don't even get me started about Kilbane. We could easily have switched O'Shea to left back and played one of our many decent right backs. It just defies logic why he keeps getting selected. *sighs*

No Manuela? :( Just the icing on a terrible night all round.

Just back from the pub I was watching it in. Absolute disgrace of a performance. Should have been 1-3 keano didn't deserve that penalty and we were rubbish. Have we learnt nothing from the france match?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Lads anyone have a link to the rte webcast, can't seem to find the link. Tks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Papa Smut wrote: »
    Have we learnt nothing from the france match?

Cheating?:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Well, that was a schooling for 50 minutes.

We did finally show a bit of determination for the last 20 mins, but too effing late. We should have been doing that right after they scored.

Well, here's my quick(ish) analysis.

Whelan & Green - I'm placing them both together in the same sh1te bucket. I've not seen Whelan as bad. Completely anonymous. Green should not be anywhere near an International side, he'd struggle in the LOI ffs.

McGeady - this will be a bone of contention, but I though he was pretty alright. At least he gave it a go when he had the ball. Sure, he lost it a few times, but his delivery is getting better, he gives defenders something to think about, and he cracked a few shots in that gave us chances. Sure, he doesn;t track back well, but to be honest I don;t want him in the team to track back. The main problem with that is::::

Kilbane - we cannot continue with him in the side, especially with McGeady playing wide left. He's been excellent for us over the years, but time to let go. Too slow, can't pass, tackling is poor.

Dunne - MOTM??? WTF??? If I could think of any more 3 letter internet contractions I'd put them here.

St Ledger - did ok. Not superb, possibly at fault for the first goal, but did ok.

Keane - Didn't really do much, did he?

Doyle - his effort and work-rate can never be denied. He looked a bit like Torres has been for Liverpool, frustrated at noit getting the ball.

Lawrence - did pretty ok. Don't know why he was taken off. His finger???

O'Shea - another that didn't really do much. But did ok when asked to defend.

Given - possibly at fault for the first goal also. Left his front post without cover. But besides that, usual Given.

Long - was excellent when he came on. Really played with ambition and determination. Showed a bit of pace and trickery, passed well and scored. What more can we ask from a sub?

Fahey - Has to start. Simple. Why he's on the bench I'll never know.

Gibson - did he play? Or did he just come off the bench for free kicks???

I don't know, we need to play football, seriously. 2 midfielders almost single handedly lost us that game tonight. We are forced to play long ball, and they can neither tackle, defend, or go forward. I'm bemused as to what they're meant to be doing on the pitch, because its not much whatever it is.

McGeady was pants again in a green jersey. We all know he has it in him, but he just never produces when we need him most. Lost count of the number of times he was outmuscled and knocked off the ball.

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Lads anyone have a link to the rte webcast, can't seem to find the link. Tks
    http://www.rte.ie/live/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Here lads i will give you a big hint ....

We don't have the fcuking players !

Time to get behind what we have and support Trap who IMO is doing ok with the limited squad he has .

It's not like we have a Spanish like squad and are getting turned over easily .
    We have a Irish like squad and we are not getting turned over easily .

Rant over .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Haha...heard that, was it Keane he was talking about

No, he was talking about Bianca. "She" is a man after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Agree with Dunne as MOTM. If I didn't have my blinkers on ArseShaving might have edged it

McGeady was pants again in a green jersey. We all know he has it in him, but he just never produces when we need him most. Lost count of the number of times he was outmuscled and knocked off the ball.

Thought McGeady was the best of a bad bunch tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,357 ✭✭✭naughto

any one else having problems geting the web cast to work

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Damien Duff?

Was he playing?

oldyouth wrote: »
    Agree with Dunne as MOTM. If I didn't have my blinkers on ArseShaving might have edged it

Why don't they do a proper man of the match i.e. the best player in the match, whatever his nationality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

oldyouth wrote: »
    If I didn't have my blinkers on ArseShaving might have edged it

Who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

What a terrible game.
    Our midfield is a shambles, Green has been sheltered by Whelan thus far, but Whelan had an awful game tonight the result of which was a massive hole in the middle of the park for Ireland.

We look like a team completely devoid of leadership in the middle and as Dunne said post match we look afraid of holding possession and passing the ball.
    Those words were especially worrying because limitied players like we have in the middle of the park aren't suddenly going to change their attitude's or ability, we need a change of personel and fast otherwise we'll be out of contention for this qualifying campaign.

Glazers Out!

mixednuts wrote: »

Trap isn't picking our best fcuking players !

Rant over .

Tidied.

naughto wrote: »
    any one else having problems geting the web cast to work

Countdown is on now, 30 secs and counting :eek::eek:

cson wrote: »
    Who?

ArseShaving, ya know, team-mate of JerkOff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Mister men wrote: »
    Reality bites. We have'nt got the players. Simple as that.
    We have actually there just not in the squad:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

cson wrote: »
    Who?

Arse-haven.

• Advertisement

Well, that was a schooling

We were well beaten and the scoreline is deceiving.We don't have the players and the fact Trap keeps sticking with midfield duos who offer nothing to winning games is getting quite pathetic.Am beginning to think our best midfield options were caught playing guitar hero with Andy Reid tbh. :(

Webcast starting now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Time to get behind what we have and support Trap who IMO is doing ok with the limited squad he has .

Rant over .

I HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE this sorry excuse that keeps getting trotted out over and over.

No one is saying we have world class players but we have better options than the players out there tonight.

Typical Irish mentality. Don't bother putting in 100%. Put in 60-70% and hope it's good enough. Defeatist, loser talk.

NI got a 0-0 draw with Italy tonight. You don't need to be Spain. You just need to actually try and maximise the talent at your disposal. We don't.

You should re-read your own post, you were talking about the squad, never once made reference to tonight.

°°°°°

Rant over .

Sorry but thats not true at all.
    We can improve on players like Paul Green who was out of his depth the lad was a disaster tonight.
    We don't have a huge pool to choose from but there isn't the kind of paucity of players some of us seem to think there is.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

I said to the missus before the game that because of the Slovakia result today, a loss to Russia today wouldn't be a disaster.

She asked for my thoughts after the game....i said the same; it wasn't a disastrous result BUT the performance was a disgrace, very very worrying.

I'm not looking forward to Tuesday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

I HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE this sorry excuse that keeps getting trotted out over and over.

No one is saying we have world class players but we have better options than the players out there tonight.

Typical Irish mentality. Don't bother putting in 100%. Put in 60-70% and hope it's good enough. Defeatist, loser talk.

NI got a 0-0 draw with Italy tonight. You don't need to be Spain. You just need to actually try and maximise the talent at your disposal. We don't.

Is that you Roy ?

How's Trigger ?

°°°°°

KungPao wrote: »
    I said to the missus before the game that because of the Slovakia result today, a loss to Russia today wouldn't be a disaster.

She asked for my thoughts after the game....i said the same; it wasn't a disastrous result BUT the performance was a disgrace, very very worrying.

I said earlier that the Slovakia result could be a boost to Russia and that we could face a backlash on tuesday, I hope I'm only proven half right.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

KungPao wrote: »

Is Bill O'Herlihy your missus or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Dunphy does talk some nonsense but thank god he's crying out for Seamus Coleman to be in the team, the kid isn't even in the squad!

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    You should re-read your own post, you were talking about the squad, never once made reference to tonight.

I said the Irish TEAM never once said the squad so i don't see how you made that out? Mcgeady is the only real midfield attacking threat that Ireland have at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Robbie Keane should join the swim team after that dive.

Fúcking cheater:(

I said the Irish TEAM never once said the squad so i don't see how you made that out? Mcgeady is the only real midfield attacking threat that Ireland have at the moment.
    The Irish Team would include Duff to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Ahh tis Roy.

Roll your sleeves up, get stuck in blah blah blah....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Is that you Roy ?

How's Trigger ?

Says he's fine and to say hello to Dave.

• Advertisement
Advertisement