Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birds

• 25-09-2010 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭about blank

KaiserMc wrote: »
    The passenger pigeon is gone ,a once numerous in fact the most numerous bird species on the planet is gone he/she was thought to be the most in-destructive
    yolk going but alas that was not to be , they is gone .Nows we've have new laws ..we(collective) can SHOOT most type of crows and some pigeon species , and really the pigeon targeted have no chance ,wood pigeons are not fuking warriors .Great if you have a gun for fun but alas most of us don't , some of the birds targeted are intelligent fcukers if you know how to read them, they try to survive so are considered a pest and who can blame um for trying to ate ,shur is it not what we all try to do .But they sometimes ate what we sometimes ate so they is now on the shooting list big time, as in all year long.

WTF

i hope you drunk mate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

WTF

i hope you drunk mate

Are you drunk too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Ok, he probably drunk. Anyway, i sat along Grand Canal Dock today in Dublin for a few minutes to observe the surroundings and there were literally hundreds of birds of all kinds flying around, how do they all get fed is beyond me.

To add, there are literally hundreds of crows in Blanch, hardly a decimation of their number there!

Strange how I have never seen a single crow in the city centre, why do they always be in the burbs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

The passenger pigeon is gone ,a once numerous in fact the most numerous bird species on the planet is gone he/she was thought to be the most in-destructive
    yolk going but alas that was not to be , they is gone .Nows we've have new laws ..we(collective) can SHOOT most type of crows and some pigeon species , and really the pigeon targeted have no chance ,wood pigeons are not fuking warriors .Great if you have a gun for fun but alas most of us don't , some of the birds targeted are intelligent fcukers if you know how to read them, they try to survive so are considered a pest and who can blame um for trying to ate ,shur is it not what we all try to do .But they sometimes ate what we sometimes ate so they is now on the shooting list big time, as in all year long.

People say birds are intelligent, but my parrot still doesn't leave the toilet seat down. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

postcount +1

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

How many people can a passenger pigeon carry anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭KevinVonSpiel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

gurramok wrote: »
    Ok, he probably drunk. Anyway, i sat along Grand Canal Dock today in Dublin for a few minutes to observe the surroundings and there were literally hundreds of birds of all kinds flying around, how do they all get fed is beyond me.

To add, there are literally hundreds of crows in Blanch, hardly a decimation of their number there!

Strange how I have never seen a single crow in the city centre, why do they always be in the burbs?

It was a turf war with the Inner City gulls and the crows,well they lost badly and were banished to the city limits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

My god the stupidity of the human race nevers stops amazing me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

*Hears "Pass The Dutchie" music in the background*

• Advertisement

The passenger Pigeon was a bird of North America. What we have today is called a Woodpigeon or Columbidae types of bird. While the Passenger is Ectopistes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I'm interested ,explain my stupidity ?

Oh I wasn't referring to you, I was agreeing with your post in ways, as people have made so many mistakes, like eating animals into extinction, and we're a stupid race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

I'll have you know that us pigeons are alive and well and fighting on for the greater good of pigeonkind.

I'll have you know that us pigeons are alive and well and fighting on for the greater good of pigeonkind.

I seen a few pigeons today, they seem to fret less when humans are around!

Ya poor pigees :(
    ok ...not a bother on you mate.

am, ok mate

It was a turf war with the Inner City gulls and the crows,well they lost badly and were banished to the city limits

On behalf of the Crow Liberation Army, why are they barred from the City Centre?!

The war drum of the birds is sounding, we shall attack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

What is the world coming to?

On behalf of the Crow Liberation Army, why are they barred from the City Centre?!

You disrespected the house of stephen's green, do you not remember the great war of the North Strand. The crow's fate has been sealed; they are barred from entering the CC, end of.

• Advertisement

Nothing happened on Stephen's green...it's known as the suckamadiculous(urban dictionary area)

To many mojitos tonight Kaiser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

What the... must be bird out of your skull to post that. Don't have a canary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Tiz funny whats accepted & what isn't in the world of fine dining & having a sophisticated palate & all that bollox.

Pigeon is very much an accepted species of poultry thats served in top class restaurants & its essentially a filty airborne rat. "You dirty rat" & other such comical observations.
    Why not eat rats if you eat pigeons?

^hey not bad in all fairness, ive had a good few drinks? 4 pints & im supping on my 4th can of Lech....

Mind you i did check for mistakes several times before i submitted this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

tbh

Whys that? Your're obviously under the impression they're useless, when in fact your're highly wrong .Those birds are now under an Irish death sentence,they are highly aware for their species ,but unforunately they are not up to date with Irish law and do not realise they are under a death sentence ... they will chat to you ..greet you and even follow you around if they perceive you to be their friend but people like you will be happy to eradicate them just because your're a thick mick.

what exactly have you been on to tonite in fairness, enlighten us...!

Ah city ,I have been on nothing but a few beers!!, I really pity the likes of you that feel the need to question the likes of me ..its obvious that you have never had the privilege of being addressed socially by the likes of different types of crows and pigeons ,when they learn to trust you ..you might be amazed at how they address you..but unfortunately for a thick mick like you ..I feel this opportunity will never occur .

the birds was one hell of a film, does that count?

Advertisement